• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Performance modifications for the V6

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Just thought I would ask what modifications anyone has done so far above the level of a performance exhaust and either a performance air filter or full intake system like Eventuri?

I know there were a few owners looking to do maps and others researching what is available. Hopefully we can get some feedback on what has been done and how it works, and what things are ordered or on the wish list.

I don't think many would volunteer that info publicly due to warranty concerns.

Iv`e done the third cat delete, then changes the air filter to the GRP high flow filter($79). I can`t express just what a transformation it has made to the Emira. This is how it should have been delivered. Instant power and torque. I should know about this as I went from a 410 exige to the Emira. With these 2 upgrades(which I fitted one at a time to feel the change each upgrade), the Emira now has a proper performance car feel to it, and the cost is buger all compared to fiddling with new ECUs. These parts were fitted by the dealer with no concerns with the warranty. While u are it, do the 20mm GRP wheel spacers on all four corners and get rid of the initial dive on turn in. Another cheap mod with excellent results.

Iv`e done the third cat delete, then changes the air filter to the GRP high flow filter($79). I can`t express just what a transformation it has made to the Emira. This is how it should have been delivered. Instant power and torque. I should know about this as I went from a 410 exige to the Emira. With these 2 upgrades(which I fitted one at a time to feel the change each upgrade), the Emira now has a proper performance car feel to it, and the cost is buger all compared to fiddling with new ECUs. These parts were fitted by the dealer with no concerns with the warranty. While u are it, do the 20mm GRP wheel spacers on all four corners and get rid of the initial dive on turn in. Another cheap mod with excellent results.
Do you think the transformation is due more to the third cat delete or the new high flow filter?

Do you think the transformation is due more to the third cat delete or the new high flow filter?
Each upgrade was a significant improvement on the one before. The 2 together transformed the car into a hard accelerating car from low down to upper revs quite significantly. The improved sound did not create an intrusive inner cabin result. Anyone that has done these upgrades can chime in if they want.

Each upgrade was a significant improvement on the one before. The 2 together transformed the car into a hard accelerating car from low down to upper revs quite significantly. The improved sound did not create an intrusive inner cabin result. Anyone that has done these upgrades can chime in if they want.
Sweet. Yes the third cat delete transforms the sound of the car. Should have come like that from factory! This is the first time I’ve heard the filter make such a difference too. Sounds like there’s a good bump in HP.

Sweet. Yes the third cat delete transforms the sound of the car. Should have come like that from factory! This is the first time I’ve heard the filter make such a difference too. Sounds like there’s a good bump in HP.
Yep. The HP bump is seriously felt. I would bet a weeks pay the 0 to 100 times would be seriously reduced. I am now happier to put it on the track to drive it with the timer on. I don`t think it would have been much point prior to these cheap upgrades. Make no mistake. These upgrades got me by surprised. Including the mechanics that test drove it after fitting them.

Oops. I meant to write 10mm. Not 20mm.
Any chance you took a video of the install of these? Or the oil change? I would love to see how this is done and thanks for sharing the increases.. I will probably do this at some point in time in the near future.

Ryan G

I have ordered the filter from grp. How to replace the filter DIY? Easy? Is there any manual for it? Also ordered the spacers.. what are the torque specs doe the bolts? Thanks

Any chance you took a video of the install of these? Or the oil change? I would love to see how this is done and thanks for sharing the increases.. I will probably do this at some point in time in the near future.

Ryan G
Just FYI my shop is having issues with the GRP 10mm spacers. Getting some shaking while driving.

IMG_5541.PNG

I have ordered the filter from grp. How to replace the filter DIY? Easy? Is there any manual for it? Also ordered the spacers.. what are the torque specs doe the bolts? Thanks
I had the Lotus mech do the filter. It`s easy but very fiddly. Lots of bits to take off before getting to the box. Every time I try do something like this I end up with left over bits that I can`t find a home for. As for the wheel torque, It`s 115psi, but best check the manual on that.

Ryan G
I had the Lotus mech do the filter. It`s easy but very fiddly. Lots of bits to take off before getting to the box. Every time I try do something like this I end up with left over bits that I can`t find a home for. But I can tell you, for $79 bucks, it`s def worth it.

Very
I had the Lotus mech do the filter. It`s easy but very fiddly. Lots of bits to take off before getting to the box. Every time I try do something like this I end up with left over bits that I can`t find a home for. But I can tell you, for $79 bucks, it`s def worth it.
interested if anyone has done this air filter upgrade on the auto v6? And if so are there similar results? Many thanks Tony

Back