Phone call from lotus

Finally got the call, deposit paid on 8th July at about 8pm. They said a Spring delivery, so it appears I'm in that first batch still, which I guess I didn't expect as there must be a fair few ahead of me.

They had about 650 deposits pre Goodwood (ie up to end of 7th July) then 500 a day at Goodwood. Assume 60-70% convert deposits to orders and 50% of early deposits go for V6 FE that puts you around 350-400 in the build. Full productivity is 100 cars a week but it’ll be ramp up initially, so you’re probably 4-6 weeks after deliveries start at end April. So June/July I reckon.

They may juggle some batching and there’s a stack of assumptions here, so don’t hold me to it!

They had about 650 deposits pre Goodwood (ie up to end of 7th July) then 500 a day at Goodwood. Assume 60-70% convert deposits to orders and 50% of early deposits go for V6 FE that puts you around 350-400 in the build. Full productivity is 100 cars a week but it’ll be ramp up initially, so you’re probably 4-6 weeks after deliveries start at end April. So June/July I reckon.

They may juggle some batching and there’s a stack of assumptions here, so don’t hold me to it!
I wonder how many orders over the month after the release 🤔 2-3-4K orders

I wonder how many orders over the month after the release 🤔 2-3-4K orders
150 before the reveal on 6th July, 500 between reveal and Goodwood starting on 8th, 500 per day for 4 days of Goodwood. About another 500 after Goodwood to end Aug, so about 3000 total.

Then they announced pricing and started the calls about V6 FE extra deposits. About 25 per day cancelling but about 50 a day new deposits.

Start of roadshows on 28th Sept will probably have increased the numbers of cancellations and of new deposits.

Nice one. I paid deposit same day as you but in the morning. Haven't had a call yet, but I'm not bothered, I'm sure they will call soon.
Spoke to lotus today I put my deposit down 14/7 and have a first edition v6 slot. They said next 2 weeks. They answered within less than a minute and I’m fine waiting for the call. All good things come to those who wait..

Spoke to lotus today I put my deposit down 14/7 and have a first edition v6 slot. They said next 2 weeks. They answered within less than a minute and I’m fine waiting for the call. All good things come to those who wait..
Very interesting I placed deposit 4 weeks after goodwood so I’m intrigued to see if I’m in the running for a FE or not. Might be worth a call to see what they say least then I know where I stand

150 before the reveal on 6th July, 500 between reveal and Goodwood starting on 8th, 500 per day for 4 days of Goodwood. About another 500 after Goodwood to end Aug, so about 3000 total.

Then they announced pricing and started the calls about V6 FE extra deposits. About 25 per day cancelling but about 50 a day new deposits.

Start of roadshows on 28th Sept will probably have increased the numbers of cancellations and of new deposits.
Thanks Tom as allways , realky usefull 👌🏽👌🏽 Interesting

Full productivity is 100 cars a week

This figure is based off the 4800 units per year at the new facility I'm guessing?

I had heard this somewhere and spoke to a Lotus rep at the concours of elegance early September. He said that capacity was for their global production and of the 4800/year, only 550 of those are destined for the UK market.

He also said that at that point they had around 2500 UK deposits down, so 4.5 year waitlist.

He did also say that the 550 a year figure is based on a single shift pattern, but they're considering doubling the shifts up to try and bring the UK production to 1100 a year.

Once all the phone calls have been made and people's orders are in, he said they'll be able to give realistic delivery estimate to each person, so sometime around mid November we should each get an update individually telling us roughly when our build slot is. I guess we just wait? 🤷‍♂️

Yes, more accurate info in Nov/Dec but speculating on dates in the meantime :)

Early build will be for UK (I think US deliveries follow about 2 months later) so the total run rate probably applies for at least half of the Goodwood depositers.

I’d been told the UK allocation has been increased to over 1000, still with single shift. I suspect second shift will ramp up in time for the first i4 deliveries.

Once the UK V6 FE book closes on 5 Nov they should have a much better idea on running order.

I’m expecting to be somewhere in the first month, so I’m excited to hear dates once they’ve done production scheduling. Hoping I’ll be able to visit the factory mid-build.

Yes, more accurate info in Nov/Dec but speculating on dates in the meantime :)

Early build will be for UK (I think US deliveries follow about 2 months later) so the total run rate probably applies for at least half of the Goodwood depositers.

I’d been told the UK allocation has been increased to over 1000, still with single shift. I suspect second shift will ramp up in time for the first i4 deliveries.

Once the UK V6 FE book closes on 5 Nov they should have a much better idea on running order.

I’m expecting to be somewhere in the first month, so I’m excited to hear dates once they’ve done production scheduling. Hoping I’ll be able to visit the factory mid-build.
I'm with you @TomE, Hoping for within the first couple of month, AND a factory visit would be very nice - would love to take my father!

I feel a Newlands Corner vist in late spring might well be on the cards!

Hoping I’ll be able to visit the factory mid-build.
Well that sounds like a great day out!

Didn't realise the first couple of months would be UK market targeted, makes sense, and gives me some hope I won't be waiting til 2023 for mine 😅 (Hoping for V6 manual FE, no call yet though)

I'm with you @TomE, Hoping for within the first couple of month, AND a factory visit would be very nice - would love to take my father!

I feel a Newlands Corner vist in late spring might well be on the cards!
I’ve mentioned factory visit to Lotus and it’s being considered. It was possible on previous cars. And early Evora deposit holders visited the factory before the first Launch Edition cars were delivered, to see the overall process rather than their own car.

We might have an Emira-exclusive Newlands event given the numbers going via B&C.

The call has now happened, couldn't help it, v6 it is!

Online deposit placed 3.30pm on Goodwood Friday (9th).

Said I'm within the first 700, and I THINK this was after I said v6, so that's the current watermark for those moving onto the next stage, said I could be within first 400 or 500 when they come to 10% commital stage, but worse case I guess I'll have the 699th v6FE.
Doing some fingers in the air numbering, 10% commital starts mid December, let's say end of April for first deliveries before ramp, then a build takes 14 weeks or so. I'll be very lucky to see it before mid July, I'll instead say first week in August and just cross my fingers. Either way, I'd say I was 10-12 weeks after 1st December commital to be asked to lock in spec, so will be just before they hit dealers so you can check colours / drive.

I have made peace with my spec now in any case, just need to determine whether a tracker will be financially sensible for insurance premiums. And relax...

The call has now happened, couldn't help it, v6 it is!

Online deposit placed 3.30pm on Goodwood Friday (9th).

Said I'm within the first 700, and I THINK this was after I said v6, so that's the current watermark for those moving onto the next stage, said I could be within first 400 or 500 when they come to 10% commital stage, but worse case I guess I'll have the 699th v6FE.
Doing some fingers in the air numbering, 10% commital starts mid December, let's say end of April for first deliveries before ramp, then a build takes 14 weeks or so. I'll be very lucky to see it before mid July, I'll instead say first week in August and just cross my fingers. Either way, I'd say I was 10-12 weeks after 1st December commital to be asked to lock in spec, so will be just before they hit dealers so you can check colours / drive.

I have made peace with my spec now in any case, just need to determine whether a tracker will be financially sensible for insurance premiums. And relax...
Great to hear! I too buckled on the phone call. Had every intention of the I4, then in the call said, go on then.

Is the tracker worth it?

Great to hear! I too buckled on the phone call. Had every intention of the I4, then in the call said, go on then.

Is the tracker worth it?
I'd rather not have the tracker, even as a no cost option. Need to phone around a few insurances to see what they say / insist on. Guess I'll be using an Evora GT or something as a guide car as the Emira is unlikely to be on the books.

Good point I had issues getting quotes for a new model motorcycle last year and ended up paying far too much as bike wasn’t listed.hopefully a few should have been insured before I get one.

Is the tracker worth it?
Good for you! We need more early adopters locally :)

Check with your insurer about tracker. Mine requires one for cars over £50k. Others base it on postcode. It won't necessarily reduce your premium, so only needed if your insurance requires it or you want the peace of mind.

I'd rather not have the tracker, even as a no cost option. Need to phone around a few insurances to see what they say / insist on. Guess I'll be using an Evora GT or something as a guide car as the Emira is unlikely to be on the books.
I only ask because when I looked at a tracker for my Evora, insurance companies said it would make no difference

I only ask because when I looked at a tracker for my Evora, insurance companies said it would make no difference
I just ran a quote for a new Evora 410 no tracker. £255 with 1000 excess. Will take that if Emira is similar. No tracker required!

I just ran a quote for a new Evora 410 no tracker. £255 with 1000 excess. Will take that if Emira is similar. No tracker required!
My Evora costs me £225 a year without a tracker. The tracker made no difference.
I think the fact I'm an old fart makes all the difference.
No grey hair though!!

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back