Phone call from lotus

To only call 700 people in 3 weeks - it must only be one person phoning people!!!

I unfortunately made a deposit in September..... so if I cannot get one before the end of next year I may consider cancelling 😭

To only call 700 people in 3 weeks - it must only be one person phoning people!!!

I unfortunately made a deposit in September..... so if I cannot get one before the end of next year I may consider cancelling 😭
I'd keep the 2k deposit with Lotus, if you are called in November and can drop them another 3k it may be worth doing. You'll likely have the advantage of seeing the car in different colours and test driving, plus reading press reviews of the car. IF the car is well received by the press then that 5k deposit could be valuable. Just a thought.

I too didn’t pay my deposit until September,spoke to lotus rep at the viewing today and he stated that if I was going for the V6 then there was a chance of delivery before the end of 2022

Would you kindly clarify timeline: if you were assured a FE in V6 kit wouldn't it be by end of 2022?
Thanks...
Hahaha sorry for the typo , 2022 is correct .
they also said to expect a call in the next two weeks to put down the further £3k they are working there way through the list and with where My order was placed I should have the call in the next two weeks so we shall see..

Just wondering how many have had the phone call from lotus and what dates they put there deposits down …
Just got to say that apart from an email when I've put my deposit down on the 14th August, not heard a single peep out of either Lotus H/O or local Dealer, except for my inward dialog with them. Little bit disappointing compared to the German car makers ??? Hope the car looks good, when I finally see it ?

Remember after they get through the Goodwood deposits the calls should come thick and fast. I believe the last day of Goodwood was the 11th of July.

Just got to say that apart from an email when I've put my deposit down on the 14th August, not heard a single peep out of either Lotus H/O or local Dealer, except for my inward dialog with them. Little bit disappointing compared to the German car makers ??? Hope the car looks good, when I finally see it ?
You should have had an October update email in the last few days. It was sent to all UK deposit holders.

Check your spam/quarantine folders. If it’s not there drop Lotus Customer Care an email to check they have your correct contact details.

if I was going for the V6 then there was a chance of delivery before the end of 2022
That doesn't sound encouraging. Has any auto maker ever said something like that and then delivered on time......not to my knowledge!

You should have had an October update email in the last few days. It was sent to all UK deposit holders.

Check your spam/quarantine folders. If it’s not there drop Lotus Customer Care an email to check they have your correct contact details.
I'm not sure that's completely accurate.
I've had the call, placed the 2nd deposit, visited the road show at B&C, but haven't seen the October update.
I control my spam filters, and the only thing from Lotus sent to my domain in October is a reply to a question I had.
If I were closer to Norfolk, I'd be knocking on the door, pitching my services.

😅 Not sure why I uploaded the 'owl man' just first thing that came up on my new tablet lol
It is an actual person that calls you. Not the most informative so dont expect all your technical questions answered, but they will talk you through the order process.
I asked if placing the order before the 5th Nov deadline was beneficial to your delivery date, but they said no, you can also change your spec after the 5th as long as you aren't changing the engine/transmission. If you do then your order will of course be delayed. Basically they are trying to lock in specs for the FE V6 at this stage so they can streamline their production over the next year. You are a priority customer as as long as you want the FE V6
The last 2 sentences are compelling.

Hey @TomE,
Question... When you guys get the call from Lotus, what does it show on your cell phone? Does it show call from Lotus or Spam caller? What does the caller I.D. show? Can you or someone touch on that? Thanks

This worked for me. Turned out I wasn’t getting emails but didn’t know any better until people on the forum started getting communications that I wasn’t. I reached out to the dealership where I placed my deposit but didn’t hear back right away. It was one of the forum members who suggested I look in my junk folder but by that time the auto delete feature had eliminated any emails from lotus. I reached out through the chat on the configurator site and confirmed that emails were indeed being sent. They forwarded the copies to me so I had them, but I had to wait for lotus to send another email so I could direct the message from junk to my inbox. That happened two days ago, so at last, problem solved. Hopefully the same is true for you. Good luck.

I just had the call from Lotus. I placed my first deposit on 11th July (pm). I asked how many calls they'd made and when I'd likely get delivery if I ordered the V6 FE - but only got a vague answer ("deliveries will start from Spring 2022). She did say that approximately 60% of people who placed the first deposit have gone for the V6. She also said that finance deals will be announced "in the New Year".

So I've wasted no time in configuring my V6 FE in Seneca blue, black pack, diamond cut alloys, yellow calipers, tan leather interior, Touring suspension. The word excited doesn't start to explain my emotions!

I just had the call from Lotus. I placed my first deposit on 11th July (pm). I asked how many calls they'd made and when I'd likely get delivery if I ordered the V6 FE - but only got a vague answer ("deliveries will start from Spring 2022). She did say that approximately 60% of people who placed the first deposit have gone for the V6. She also said that finance deals will be announced "in the New Year".

So I've wasted no time in configuring my V6 FE in Seneca blue, black pack, diamond cut alloys, yellow calipers, tan leather interior, Touring suspension. The word excited doesn't start to explain my emotions!
Good News!! I'm hanging on configuring and paying next stage until I've seen the car and colour samples (inside and out) at Endeavour Colchester as I'm still undecided and there is a small conflict of opinions with the wife!!!......... :)

Just got my call (put my deposit down on 11th July). After confirming I wanted to wait for an i4, the call was over in less than 60 seconds - I’ll have to wait for a callback - probably end of the year / new year to spec my car😢

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back