Phone call from lotus

Hi, in the uk Lotus dealers will only be acting as an agent for the sale of the car direct from Lotus, so basically our nearest pick up point. This is a shame as takes the dealer experience away from the purchase.

im not sure if this will be the same set up in the US. Does anyone else have any knowledge on this?

Hi, in the uk Lotus dealers will only be acting as an agent for the sale of the car direct from Lotus, so basically our nearest pick up point. This is a shame as takes the dealer experience away from the purchase.

im not sure if this will be the same set up in the US. Does anyone else have any knowledge on this?
I agree, I bought my Elise 20 years ago from Stratton’s in Norfolk, my first new car and the whole experience was fab. It felt something special talking to the dealer about specs and colours, we had a factory tour and discussed things with Lotus people there. There were also driver training days on the Hethel track (charged for) which showed off the unbelievable performance of the car.
So far this feels a bit like an online purchase from Amazon!.
On the positive side the car looks fab, I’m sure it will drive amazingly and I can’t wait to get it. I guess it’s just the way the world is changing....... and not necessarily for the better!

If all the dealer are doing is providing a "pick up point" and the whole purchase process is direct with Lotus and then any idea how this will work for those of us who need to part exchange current vehicle?

Are the Lotus calls for UK buyers only? Or will people in the United States expect a call from lotus.
Thanks
Hi. No, the Lotus calls are UK only (ie not US). In US your dealer will contact you and gather info, and share a web link if you are moving forward. That's what I was told. At least the dealer could be more informative than a calling service. Either way, an exciting call to get.

If all the dealer are doing is providing a "pick up point" and the whole purchase process is direct with Lotus and then any idea how this will work for those of us who need to part exchange current vehicle?
You would work with the dealer. Expect to get trade price though. No inflated price based on hidden margin being added to your trade in to make it look more attractive etc. If you are trading a Lotus/sports car then of course you may get a bit more if the dealer can take it into their own stock for resale

Well happy days.lotus phoned and car configured and second deposit paid now back to waiting.Stupidly forget to ask when next stage will be if anyone has any information?ps I paid first deposit 12/7 early for all those still waiting

Well happy days.lotus phoned and car configured and second deposit paid now back to waiting.Stupidly forget to ask when next stage will be if anyone has any information?ps I paid first deposit 12/7 early for all those still waiting
Nice one!

Next stage as I understand it is 5th Nov 2nd deposit deadline. They will then see what orders they have in for FE V6 and then sort the order of deposits for deliveries next year. Then start calling you again in December to lock in a full 10% deposit. At which point I'd hope you will be told when you may be able to take delivery of your shiny new Emira 🥰

Last edited:
I am yet to place a deposit as I have been waiting for more info - I only held back as I was told that more details will be released by September, but clearly, that hasn't happened.

However, I aim to put a deposit down for a V6 FE Manual, but have some questions:
1. If I place a deposit over the weekend, when can I expect "the call from Lotus"?
2. Will I be expected to finalise the configuration by December?
3. When is one likely to get a test drive? Unfortunately, I missed the roadshow at B&C, so I am yet to see one in the flesh.
4. What are my chances of taking delivery in 2022?

Thanks.

Hi, not sure what more detail you were expecting. The main September announcement was V6 FE specs and pricing.

If you want a V6 FE I suggest placing a deposit ASAP and before 5 Nov. There’s no guarantee Lotus will keep the initial V6 FE batch open for new deposits after that (although it’s possible).

If you do a deposit now you probably won’t get the call until late Oct/early Nov. Might run later, as Lotus seem to be taking longer than expected to get through all the calls.

Finalise/commit on spec is likely to be December but might run into January for the same reasons.

Test drives won’t be until March/April onwards. That’s potentially after the date you’d need to commit, assuming Lotus ask everyone to commit in Dec/Jan. If, as seems more sensible, they give later deposit holders longer until committing then you may get a chance to test drive before committing. This is yet to be clarified by Lotus. There are some other roadshows still to take place, In Colchester and Silverstone for example.

It looks like Lotus are aiming to deliver all V6 FE by end 2022. With a late deposit it might spill over into early 2023 but I don’t think so. We should know more on timings in late Nov after the initial batch closes.

Just had my call, deposit placed 12th of July. I asked a few questions but the person on the phone didn't have too much info. She said that they have no confirmation of a third deposit at the moment and as far as they are aware everything will be refundable until you sign the purchase contract and settle the remaining balance with finance, so that should be around the build date right?

She also said that the people doing the calls don't have any of the technical details and that there's a separate number on the email you get that you can use to ask spec/technical questions

Hello All.

Just had my call from Lotus, and missed it… thankfully they mail you basically it’s just which engine (AMG for me ) I didn’t call them back as what it appears from on here it’s a wasted call, they know very little , so just reply to the mail and the confirm it straight back. My deposit was week 3 July. So seem to be all similar deposit days Vs phone call..so get ready….

Just had my call, deposit placed 12th of July. I asked a few questions but the person on the phone didn't have too much info. She said that they have no confirmation of a third deposit at the moment and as far as they are aware everything will be refundable until you sign the purchase contract and settle the remaining balance with finance, so that should be around the build date right?

She also said that the people doing the calls don't have any of the technical details and that there's a separate number on the email you get that you can use to ask spec/technical questions
I don't think that's quite right. It'll be refundable up until 3rd deposit and the associated order commitment. Balance is usually due about a week before delivery, unless they change the approach.

This is the second time a lotus employee has told me that the deposit will be refundable up until just before the build kicks off, but I do take it with a pinch of salt as there seems to be a lot of confusion.

I've sent an email over with some questions before I spec my build, have included this in there again for further clarification

You'll get a more definitive answer by emailing the Emira team at Lotus Hub. The calling team have a script and briefing and are focused on contacting everyone for decisions on V6 FE versus later alternatives, but don't have in-depth Emira knowledge.

I wouldnt be suprised if they let you cancel right up until signing the contract and/or finance. They have so much demand that having some cars go directly into dealer stock won't be a bad thing.

Had my call today from lotus. I placed the initial deposit on 14/7. Very efficient and helpful and explained the next steps and the £3k. I’m now starting to wobbling having read some posts. Paying £80k for a new car on a new production line with unconfirmed quality control etc is starting to worry me. I’m inclined now to wait until mid 2022 and either stick with a V6 Emira for 2023/24 or revert back to a 911 992 C2. I’d like to stick with it but with a November deadline which takes you to £5k non refundable is a big ask.

Had my call today from lotus. I placed the initial deposit on 14/7. Very efficient and helpful and explained the next steps and the £3k. I’m now starting to wobbling having read some posts. Paying £80k for a new car on a new production line with unconfirmed quality control etc is starting to worry me. I’m inclined now to wait until mid 2022 and either stick with a V6 Emira for 2023/24 or revert back to a 911 992 C2. I’d like to stick with it but with a November deadline which takes you to £5k non refundable is a big ask.
The extra £3k is fully refundable, so you may as well stick in the queue until they ask for the non refundable bit, assuming you have the 3k to lend them

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back