Phone call from lotus

Deposit paid 31st July and call this afternoon. I asked about delivery dates but the very friendly customer service agent advised they are not allowed to talk about delivery dates and don't have any information other than the first cars will be delivered Spring 2022.

I did manage to find out they are calling order numbers between 1900 and 2000 this week and that as some of these will be i4 engine he said I was approx. 1450 in the queue for the first edition. With a production target of 4,500 in the first year, I guess that will mean a mid summer delivery.

Just need to decide on the colour :unsure:

Also just to confirm the total deposit at this stage (£5k) is fully refundable. I also have the opportunity to change the colour / spec at a future date.

Deposit paid on 4th August and got my call Friday morning last week. I was on the train so it was brief and I didn't really ask them any questions as I know they don't have any info and I get all I neeed to know on here. Car configured and second deposit paid over the weekend. I have to be honest I'm rather excited

Deposit paid 31st July and call this afternoon. I asked about delivery dates but the very friendly customer service agent advised they are not allowed to talk about delivery dates and don't have any information other than the first cars will be delivered Spring 2022.

I did manage to find out they are calling order numbers between 1900 and 2000 this week and that as some of these will be i4 engine he said I was approx. 1450 in the queue for the first edition. With a production target of 4,500 in the first year, I guess that will mean a mid summer delivery.

Just need to decide on the colour :unsure:

Also just to confirm the total deposit at this stage (£5k) is fully refundable. I also have the opportunity to change the colour / spec at a future date.
Glad youve got your call. Had mine last week and was told my delivery would probably be late Q3 to Q4, so no idea. We’ve just gotta wait regarding deliveries but I think Summer for us is a little bit optimistic.

The deposit so far is fully refundable and you should be able to make changes before fully committing at the next non refundable stage.

Glad youve got your call. Had mine last week and was told my delivery would probably be late Q3 to Q4, so no idea. We’ve just gotta wait regarding deliveries but I think Summer for us is a little bit optimistic.

The deposit so far is fully refundable and you should be able to make changes before fully committing at the next non refundable stage.
Q3/Q4 wouldn't be the end of the world I guess

Had the phone call this afternoon finally the wait is over .
Placed order on the 7th of august .
Opted in for v6 auto , short convo but pleasant . Paid the further £3k now we wait for more updates !roll on next year 👌🏽

Opted in for v6 auto , short convo but pleasant . Paid the further £3k now we wait for more updates !roll on next year 👌🏽
Just got my phone call and I only placed a deposit 26th August so they’re making good progress it seems.

Just had my phone call and didn’t pay my deposit until 12th September, so they’re flying through the calls now

Yes, the big peak of deposits was during Goodwood 8-11 July. So once they got beyond that they are now cantering through the dates :)

Last edited:
Deposit placed on 8th Sept and got my call today.

To further cheer all the FE depositors, I told the nice lady that I am going for a base V6 manual with options. I just can't get past the colours not quite being right (I wanted a green) and not knowing whether to go for touring or sport suspension.
I WILL be getting the car - its a fantastic last manual ICE blast in a junior supercar body - but I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer than most - HURRY UP LOTUS!!

Hey all! Just joined after lurking for a few weeks :)

Little bit concerned as I missed my 1st phone call back on the 10th October, and they just sent me an email instead (which we went back and forth on with a few questions) but no mention of the configuration or 2nd deposit?! Guess I’ll be calling them tomorrow if November 5th is still a deadline?

Anyone else in a similar position? My deposit was 9th July.

Little bit concerned as I missed my 1st phone call back on the 10th October, and they just sent me an email instead (which we went back and forth on with a few questions) but no mention of the configuration or 2nd deposit?! Guess I’ll be calling them tomorrow if November 5th is still a deadline?

Hi Tim, if you placed your £2K deposit on the 9th of July, the call in October was the call for your second deposit. Because you missed it, the email should send you to the updated configurator where you can save your spec and should be able to pay your extra £3K

Tim, if it was a similar situation to me then the email they sent after the missed call was asking whether you were choosing the V6 FE or waiting for i4 FE/own spec.

It was only after I said yes to V6 FE that they sent a second email with the personalised link to do configuration and pay the 2nd deposit. The link has some combination of your name, email and reference number.

People who answered the call and said V6 FE only got one email, the one with the link. A few people who missed the call only got the second email.

Definitely worth calling Lotus Customer Care to sort it and get the second email so you can configure and pay this week.

Yes, UK process. ROTW is via dealers.

Thanks @TomE and @GarrethN - I’ll get on to Lotus this morning.

No mention of making a decision in the email - just the “it’s nearly time to move to the next stage”… but then that ran dry.

Slightly panicking I’ve somehow accidentally given up my spot in the queue, but I’m sure they can sort it out on the phone.

Very excited after actually seeing it at Silverstone yesterday!

Thanks @TomE and @GarrethN - I’ll get on to Lotus this morning.

No mention of making a decision in the email - just the “it’s nearly time to move to the next stage”… but then that ran dry.

Slightly panicking I’ve somehow accidentally given up my spot in the queue, but I’m sure they can sort it out on the phone.

Very excited after actually seeing it at Silverstone yesterday!
I think this forum is going to expand, quite quickly, when the vehicles are “out”.
That will likely open up a whole new queue of folks looking to buy spots in line or even your built FE…

I’m just thinking out loud here but imagine an FE flipper making a few dollars before even taking possession of a car then using that as a down payment on a 2023 or 2024…

With people like this on this kind of forum it’s a magical combination. Great people willing to help + people with a desire to own this car = lots of happy people regardless of queue position.

This is going to be a fun 6-9-12 months!

I think this forum is going to expand, quite quickly, when the vehicles are “out”.
That will likely open up a whole new queue of folks looking to buy spots in line or even your built FE…

I’m just thinking out loud here but imagine an FE flipper making a few dollars before even taking possession of a car then using that as a down payment on a 2023 or 2024…

With people like this on this kind of forum it’s a magical combination. Great people willing to help + people with a desire to own this car = lots of happy people regardless of queue position.

This is going to be a fun 6-9-12 months!
Interesting and astute viewpoint, and one of the benefits of being in the vanguard..

NO PHONE CALL , I did receive email on the 25th October regarding 2nd deposit .I payed my first deposit on the 7th July @ 04.18
Did you pay your second deposit using the link in the email?
Deadline is Friday.
Might be worth calling Lotus tomorrow.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back