Phone call from lotus

Had my call today from lotus. I placed the initial deposit on 14/7. Very efficient and helpful and explained the next steps and the £3k. I’m now starting to wobbling having read some posts. Paying £80k for a new car on a new production line with unconfirmed quality control etc is starting to worry me. I’m inclined now to wait until mid 2022 and either stick with a V6 Emira for 2023/24 or revert back to a 911 992 C2. I’d like to stick with it but with a November deadline which takes you to £5k non refundable is a big ask.
Still refundable on 2nd deposit. We don't know yet about the 3rd deposit taking it up to 10% of purchase price in December on

Had my call today from lotus. I placed the initial deposit on 14/7. Very efficient and helpful and explained the next steps and the £3k. I’m now starting to wobbling having read some posts. Paying £80k for a new car on a new production line with unconfirmed quality control etc is starting to worry me. I’m inclined now to wait until mid 2022 and either stick with a V6 Emira for 2023/24 or revert back to a 911 992 C2. I’d like to stick with it but with a November deadline which takes you to £5k non refundable is a big ask.
Don’t read too much into all the posts and get influenced by them make your own decisions based on information you have. I’ve given up on all the Facebook stuff. Purchasing a car like this is a very personal decision!
I agree Lotus could do much better with the process!...... I think they have been massively caught out by the unexpected demand

Hi, not sure what more detail you were expecting. The main September announcement was V6 FE specs and pricing.

If you want a V6 FE I suggest placing a deposit ASAP and before 5 Nov. There’s no guarantee Lotus will keep the initial V6 FE batch open for new deposits after that (although it’s possible).

If you do a deposit now you probably won’t get the call until late Oct/early Nov. Might run later, as Lotus seem to be taking longer than expected to get through all the calls.

Finalise/commit on spec is likely to be December but might run into January for the same reasons.

Test drives won’t be until March/April onwards. That’s potentially after the date you’d need to commit, assuming Lotus ask everyone to commit in Dec/Jan. If, as seems more sensible, they give later deposit holders longer until committing then you may get a chance to test drive before committing. This is yet to be clarified by Lotus. There are some other roadshows still to take place, In Colchester and Silverstone for example.

It looks like Lotus are aiming to deliver all V6 FE by end 2022. With a late deposit it might spill over into early 2023 but I don’t think so. We should know more on timings in late Nov after the initial batch closes.
Thank you for your reply, TomE.

Very useful info and good to hear that I haven't missed the boat on viewing the Emira at Silverstone.

Don’t read too much into all the posts and get influenced by them make your own decisions based on information you have. I’ve given up on all the Facebook stuff. Purchasing a car like this is a very personal decision!
I agree Lotus could do much better with the process!...... I think they have been massively caught out by the unexpected demand
Thanks and makes sense. I left Facebook years ago, it was on this forum I read some mixed comments. Having played with the Porsche configurator last night the 911 just doesn’t have the wow/something special factor.

Got call just now - I want the i4 - call was short and sweet. Advised that configurator will be available for Dec/Jan and deliveries Autumn 2022.

Got call just now - I want the i4 - call was short and sweet. Advised that configurator will be available for Dec/Jan and deliveries Autumn 2022.
Thanks @Jonhklee - when did you place your deposit out of interest? Just wondering where they're up to in the queue.

Thanks @Jonhklee - when did you place your deposit out of interest? Just wondering where they're up to in the queue.
Had the phone call today but rang off after 3 rings, then had the "missed call" email to choose engine.
My deposit was 27th July.

Lol picture will be from some weird conversation I had with a mate I'm sure.
I get feeling they will make as many FE as people want in this first batch, before moving on to the std car batches after. Why they are working their way through calling all the interested parties
If they are asking to increase your deposit then they are seeing who is backing out and who is still in for their production numbers and to wash the order bank clean to get real numbers...

Had the phone call today but rang off after 3 rings, then had the "missed call" email to choose engine.
My deposit was 27th July.

My deposit was 22nd July still not had phone call

The number is a 0330 number, just in case people are blocking cold calls.
+44 330 094 xxxx was the number (withheld here just in case I wasn’t meant to share it)

They're calling people who placed deposits 14-31 July at the moment. Don't worry if you did yours earlier in that window and haven't had a call yet, they'll get to everyone soon! I think they've spoken to 1200-1400 so far. About 60% are going for V6 FE.

The thing is once people see the i4 FE price, they can then establish FE options uplift from base i4 at £60k, and then reverse engineer the base V6 price.

There will be people who want to see these prices before moving to non refundable deposit on the V6 FE, so timing is key here.

Based on my discussions and the published info here’s my best guess on prices:

- i4 base £60k
- V6 base £66k
- i4 FE £71k
- V6 FE £77k

So £6k more for the V6 and £11k for a bundle of £13-15k of options on the FE.

It’s a guess, but a well-informed one. Hope that helps with decisions.

- i4 base £60k
- V6 base £66k
- i4 FE £71k
- V6 FE £77k

It will be interesting to see if that's accurate. If it plays out like this I'll be switching from V6 to i4 as I really only want V6 for the manual gearbox. I suspect they will be a similar speed on the road (maybe the i4 even being faster).

I'm resigned to pay a little more for a manual but not £6k. It would make the i4 seem like a total bargain.

Hopefully they will release this information before the deposits become locked in. Would be great to get the options prices also so you could price up a base edition to the desired spec to see the cost.

- i4 base £60k
- V6 base £66k
- i4 FE £71k
- V6 FE £77k

I had a discussion with someone from Lotus who couldn’t give an exact number but said the difference would be roughly “between” 5-10K cheaper, so assuming 7.5 so you’re probably not too far off with those figures Tom.

Please could all our UK members be aware of a new 0330 phone number. I had a call from one today and it cost me roughly £1500 a minute !!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back