• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Picking a yellow

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Currently I have a Nimbus Grey Emira with the full black pack. Due to the dreaded blisters on the doors and a lacquer blemish on a rear quarter it’s shortly going back to Lotus to get sorted.
Part of the warranty is having the ppf done again because most of the panels will be effected.

At this point I’ve come to a deal with my ppf company who are going to do the paint correction, wrap in a colour and then the 3 stage Gtechniq ceramic coatings.

I have yellow stitching and calliper paint so yellow would be an easy choice. First off is Hethel Yellow a gloss colour or a metallic gloss?
Is the Evija in Hethel Yellow or a special colour?

I know it’s hard to tell the colour from a picture because even looking at Hethel Yellow online it looks like anything from pale yellow to orange.
The second picture is the Inozetek gloss metallic yellow I’m thinking about. It’s a costly vinyl but it looks like paint.
Any thoughts appreciated.

IMG_6001.jpeg
IMG_5979.jpeg

Hethel Yellow is a solid gloss colour.
In sunshine it's a bright yellow, less so in the shade.
Either way it's a great colour!
The sunshine photo was taken with a compact camera, the shade photo with my phone, which might make a difference also.
IMG_20240611_131211.jpg
P1080490.JPG

From my perspective, Hethel Yellow also has Orange tint in it. It actually matches pretty close to the yellow they paint lines on the roads. It is not a pure Yellow IMO though it can look that way depending on the camera and lighting. I had coffee with a friend with a yellow Boxster so you can see the difference.... Btw, this has been my consistent impression since seeing the first paint samples a couple years ago. FWIW
Two yellow cars 2.jpg

Two yellow cars 3.jpg

Hethel Yellow is a solid gloss colour.
In sunshine it's a bright yellow, less so in the shade.
Either way it's a great colour!
The sunshine photo was taken with a compact camera, the shade photo with my phone, which might make a difference also.View attachment 46449View attachment 46448
I agree different cameras and lighting make a big difference and even the 2 pictures you posted look like different colours.

From my perspective, Hethel Yellow also has Orange tint in it. It actually matches pretty close to the yellow they paint lines on the roads. It is not a pure Yellow IMO though it can look that way depending on the camera and lighting. I had coffee with a friend with a yellow Boxster so you can see the difference.... Btw, this has been my consistent impression since seeing the first paint samples a couple years ago. FWIWView attachment 46467
View attachment 46468
I think the Emira yellow looks better side by side with the Porsche, and maybe it is the same color as the Evija.

It's definitely a slightly warm yellow. If your monitor is white balanced correctly, the top emira picture in this thread in front of the brick wall is what it looks like. You can often tell how white balanced a photo is by looking at how realistic the rest of the colors in the photo look. Hethel yellow is the color I'm going with because it looks like the one in my logo, but I guess I used that color in the first place because I like it.

Happy to arrange to show you mine as you are local - my Hethel yellow Emira, just for the avoidance of doubt and before some clever sod chimes in ;)
Sounds good I would love to meet up.

I know it’s subjective but I think smallish sports cars need to be bright colours, otherwise get a porsche…… :-;.

Yellow is a classic Lotus colour and I think one of the best for the Emira, it’s really a yellow mustard more than anything so quite rich but also bright in the sun.

Attachments

• IMG_7976.jpeg
    IMG_7976.jpeg
    782.9 KB · Views: 10