• The July 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 July 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Who has Milltek's Active Controller Installed?

For those of you that purchased Milltek's Active Valve Controller.
Was it worth it?
Was it easy to install?
Completely worth it. And quite simple to do. I did it just last week with the car on the ground. Use (I think) a #6 or #8 Torx bit to loosen the rearmost bolts. It's an easy plug and play. I simply zip-tied the cables to the mesh grille behind the license plate. I really took my time and it was perhaps an hour and a half at most.

You get wide open exhaust with lot of pops and burbles all the time, but can close them for funerals or other quieter occasions, and still access the three stock settings. It's fantastic.

Mateo

Completely worth it. And quite simple to do. I did it just last week with the car on the ground. Use (I think) a #6 or #8 Torx bit to loosen the rearmost bolts. It's an easy plug and play. I simply zip-tied the cables to the mesh grille behind the license plate. I really took my time and it was perhaps an hour and a half at most.

You get wide open exhaust with lot of pops and burbles all the time, but can close them for funerals or other quieter occasions, and still access the three stock settings. It's fantastic.

Mateo
Did you install the 3rd cat delete straight pipe as well?

Did you install the 3rd cat delete straight pipe as well?
Not yet. I ordered a pipe, but I haven't decided if I need it.

I have two Harleys, one a 1200cc Sportster 48 and one a 1850cc Softail. Both have aftermarket exhausts and are rather loud, yet my wife and son insist that the Emira is loud enough with just the Milltek.

M

Installed mine last night and it's also programmed "incorrectly", although I'm starting to think this is actually the correct way and the early batches were wrong. The third button is smaller and offset which would logically mean it would be for the seldom (if ever) used closed valve function and the 2 main buttons would alternate between full open and stock, which is how mine functions. I setup those 2 options on my homelink and it almost feels OEM.
Do you have any pictures of the pin on the controller and 2 cables?

OEM is #2 on the valve controller I installed, and fully closed is #3. #1 is 💯 fully open and is very apparent. #2 and #3 aren’t really distinguishable unless you rev the engine a bit.

You should try playing with the throttle in Tour Mode only on buttons #2 and #3. The sound gets throatier in the upper rev range for the OEM setting, and does not get louder on the fully closed setting.
This might be the issue. Reinstalled and errors are gone for now 🤞. I’ll play around with 2 and 3 settings. Drive around with #1 and no errors.

This might be a semi dumb question. But could lotus deny any warranty claims for the controller being installed?

What about the cat delete?

I really want this, but if there is any way they could deny any claim I prob won't do it.

Can they hook up a odb device and see that these had been installed previously?

Thanks
Ryan G

This might be a semi dumb question. But could lotus deny any warranty claims for the controller being installed?

What about the cat delete?

I really want this, but if there is any way they could deny any claim I prob won't do it.

Can they hook up a odb device and see that these had been installed previously?

Thanks
Ryan G
It's not a dumb question at all. It's an understandable concern.

In the US, consumers of automobiles are protected by the The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. It gives us the right to use non-original parts without voiding factory warranties. This comes into play a lot for aftermarket exhausts.

Lotus USA cannot legally deny a claim, nor is there any reason to reverse these modifications before bringing your Emira into the dealership for a repair.

You do not want to drive around with the valve fully closed. IMO this should not be an option on the valve controller for Emira. Just because it's there doesn't mean it should be used.

I have open and factory modes programmed to the homelink buttons 2 and 3 on the Emira rear view mirror and sometimes these buttons simply don't work and are unresponsive. I have to get the remote control out and use that instead. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I have open and factory modes programmed to the homelink buttons 2 and 3 on the Emira rear view mirror and sometimes these buttons simply don't work and are unresponsive. I have to get the remote control out and use that instead. Anyone else have similar experiences?
I've had this happen to me but mostly at speed. Amusingly, slowing down (for whatever reason) seemed to fix this. Sometimes, pressing the button multiple times works as well. Could you give that a try and report back?