• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Who has Milltek's Active Controller Installed?

Hi, looking for instruction or video on how to install the miltek valve controller... I'm sure someone posted it but I can't find it ....

James R

I was looking for a video too before I did it. I think it's so simple that no one bothers recording it. If you do it, I'd encourage you to take a video.

Simply loosen the rearmost bolts on the rear undertray. You will only have 5 a gap inches high or so, but it's enough. The Milltek can only be plugged in one way: the correct way. The only part of the job that takes any thought is how to best secure the cables (which could be shorter) away from the exhaust heat. That and re-fitting the small tabs that keep the undertray in place. I used zip ties on the mesh grill that would be hidden by the license plate. Reinstall the bolts, set the device for always on, and go.

Mateo

Is this the same area where you change the oil for an oil change? If so would it make sense to do the valve controller at the same time you do the first oil change?

I would love to see a video of an oil change and one of the valve controller install.

If anyone does a valve controller install please take a video so us noobs can check it out.

Is this the same area where you change the oil for an oil change? If so would it make sense to do the valve controller at the same time you do the first oil change?

I would love to see a video of an oil change and one of the valve controller install.

If anyone does a valve controller install please take a video so us noobs can check it out.

They’re under different panels, but if you’re going to be under the car you may as well do both at the same time.

Yes. I did all three at the same time.
Technically you can do the controller with just pulling the rear diffuser and not mess with the under tray. But, I figured it'd be easier to do at the same time.
No point in pulling all those bolts twice.

Just installed the de-cat and Milltek and I share everyone’s sentiments…WOW!!!!

For this who has this setup already, do you think the powerband has changed?

It feels like there’s more torque on the lower/mid-range, yet doesn’t have a peaky sensation when I had it bone stock. When stock, I imagine the restrictive valve could hold back the power then you feel that rush in WOT when you reach redline.

Just installed the de-cat and Milltek and I share everyone’s sentiments…WOW!!!!

For this who has this setup already, do you think the powerband has changed?

It feels like there’s more torque on the lower/mid-range, yet doesn’t have a peaky sensation when I had it bone stock. When stock, I imagine the restrictive valve could hold back the power then you feel that rush in WOT when you reach redline.
Yes. Definitely better low end torque.
There's even more when you add the Eventuri intake.

Any thoughts about the power band seeming to be more flat post mod and how it seems like in stock form the band had a steeper climb (although maybe less power)? Or maybe my mind was playing tricks on me hearing the valves open more slowly and it sounded stronger when valves were fully open.

After putting on the milltek valve controller and GPR 3rd cat delete, do you guys feel when starting the car, there’s a longer delay?

No codes and everything runs fine tho. Not sure if it’s a coincidence; I will charge my battery to see if it improves

After putting on the milltek valve controller and GPR 3rd cat delete, do you guys feel when starting the car, there’s a longer delay?

No codes and everything runs fine tho. Not sure if it’s a coincidence; I will charge my battery to see if it improves
Yes, sometimes. I usually leave my valves open. What happens if you leave them in OEM mode?

I did experience a delayed startup once.

Also, with my homelink programmed in lieu of the remote, it doesn’t work 100% of the time. I keep the remote in the car as back up, just in case.

I noticed something today.
I always keep the valves open and immediately put the drive mode to sport.
Today I put it in track mode for the first time. The exhaust got noticeably louder at idle.
Is it a three position valve?
Can the Milltek controller open the valves all the way?
Can we just eliminate the valve all together?
🧐 🤔

Today I put it in track mode for the first time. The exhaust got noticeably louder at idle.
🧐 🤔
Track mode keeps the idle revs higher. Double check your rpms when making the comparison.

🧐 🤔
The milltek controller controls the valves to open and close them. When put into track mode, the car idles louder due to the engine mapping. The milltek doesn’t control the engine idling so I don’t think it’s possible

Hi, installed the miltek.... I noticed on mine, #1 is fully open but #2 & #3 are reversed.... #2 =oem setting #3 is always closed....

Q: I held 10 sec on #1 so that it's always open .... but how do I get out of that mode.... so I can goto full closed #3 ( for me) when I want to.... ?

'24 h yellow
Grpv3rd cat
Miltek VCtrller

Hi, installed the miltek.... I noticed on mine, #1 is fully open but #2 & #3 are reversed.... #2 =oem setting #3 is always closed....

Q: I held 10 sec on #1 so that it's always open .... but how do I get out of that mode.... so I can goto full closed #3 ( for me) when I want to.... ?

'24 h yellow
Grpv3rd cat
Miltek VCtrller

Your 1, 2 and 3 are normal. Open, Passthrough (OEM), Closed respectively. I think it’s a mistake from Greg’s instructions.

Holding it for 10 seconds means that will be the startup mode every time it starts again. It doesn’t prevent you from closing the valves just next time you start up again it will be open. You can leave it in last used mode will be start up by pressing #1 5 times within 5 seconds.