• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Poll: What are you looking for in the first review?

What is your top excitement/concern that you want to see covered in the first reviews?

• V6 Power in the Emira

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I4 Speculation

• Touring/Sports Suspension Choice

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • Interior Quality - Features - Comfort

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • How the Emira compares to the competition

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • How the Emira handles on a track

• Is the car priced correctly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Daily driving the Emira

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Production seats quality/fit/comfort

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Overall rating - Quantitative Score

Votes: 5 6.1%

• Total voters
This is just a poll to see what are people's top priority that they would like to see covered/addressed in the reviews coming out this week (I think this week!). I only allowed for 1 vote. If you want to add a category just post it and I will update poll.
Perhaps Overall rating? I know some publications give a quantitative score.

Comparison against the competition, particularly do reviewers think Lotus have upped their game enough on interior design/build and overall quality.

I know they’ll be positive about ride and handling, and most have been positive about the exterior design already.

Plus tell us about the production seats and what they’re like to sit in and drive!
Just that and I am curious about the difference between touring and sports suspension.

I went for "how the Emira compares to the competition" on the basis that is going to show us in a quantitative way where Lotus have made the biggest improvements.

For me, since I already own a GT car. I'm looking for, a very raw, old school sports car that emphases strictly on handling (best in class) and comfortable seats and not a crappy interior. The best point and shoot car in Its class and hits well above it. Outright straight line speed takes a back seat for me.

For me, since I already own a GT car. I'm looking for, a very raw, old school sports car that emphases strictly on handling (best in class) and comfortable seats and not a crappy interior. The best point and shoot car in Its class and hits well above it. Outright straight line speed takes a back seat for me.
Exactly the same for me!

so basically, compress it down, most people want to know this:

Is it is as fancy and elegant as a 718 Porsche with options. I hope the KEF is better than 718's Bose. I have a 718 T Boxster on a vague order at the moment and chose their Burmester stereo option. I am going to assume that the Burmester is better than a KEF, i mean its ridiculously expensive. i dont need that crazy of a stereo but i need better than OEM Bose for $100k this time. Just an example of it all.
Don't make that assumption, KEF is a world class audio engineering company and the fundamentals of their concentric time-aligned drivers play very well to the challenges of multi-speaker audio in a confined space like a car.

What I don't want is a "Doug Score" !

I don't necessarily need a Doug Score but I would love for him to review it. He does a good job at isolating the "relevance" of some cars and explaining if the positioning is or will be successful. I know it's all opinion but I believe his history at Porsche gives him good perspectives. Car reviews are just like movies. Sometimes you want Action, Comedy, Drama, etc. All of them have a different angle of sorts.

For me, is it fun to be in and drive. Fit, finish and quality of the interior. I know it looks more expensive than it is, but when you're inside and driving, does it feel at least as expensive as it is.

I honestly can't recall ever having this much excitement and anticipation about a new car, and I've had a lot of cars over the last 50 years.

I love this post. I feel the same way. I don't have an extensive history of actually having cars but I made up for it with a lot of day dreaming!

I know it looks more expensive than it is, but when you're inside and driving, does it feel at least as expensive as it is.

I like this! I'm worried that with the Lynk & Co/Geely/Volvo parts bin interior it might feel a little cheap, but I hope not. The demo Emiras has the 3D printed parts and certain alcantara and carpeted covered pieces didn't fit too snugly, but hopefully this is all perfect for the production cars. I've seen so many pre-prod pics, that I really just want to see how the final production car will look.

I like this! I'm worried that with the Lynk & Co/Geely/Volvo parts bin interior it might feel a little cheap, but I hope not. The demo Emiras has the 3D printed parts and certain alcantara and carpeted covered pieces didn't fit too snugly, but hopefully this is all perfect for the production cars. I've seen so many pre-prod pics, that I really just want to see how the final production car will look.

You are worried about it looking cheap since it could be raiding the Volvo (luxury) and Geely parts bin?

How have previous lotus interiors looked like? I would assume those brands, their interior and the money behind geely, would be anything better then if lotus were to go alone.

You are worried about it looking cheap since it could be raiding the Volvo (luxury) and Geely parts bin?

How have previous lotus interiors looked like? I would assume those brands, their interior and the money behind geely, would be anything better then if lotus were to go alone.

This was good to read in the new Piston Heads review...

Once in the driver's seat the cabin features impressively high quality materials on every touchable surface. Yes, the Geely parentage has provided some parts bin components - the column stalks are obviously Volvo - yet nothing feels cheap or incongruous with the price tag.

eh. nice link. but another "prototype" blech.

finished and well optioned interior reviews not here yet.