• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Porsche ends combustion engine in 718 Cayman/Boxster in 2025.

119k is a great price! Not much more expensive than the Emira and an amazing bang for the buck.
I can't get over the styling of the C8 Corvette especially the rear end and that's why I haven't put down a deposit. :confused:
Corvette styling is too Lamboish and edgy for me, but the mechanics components are solid.

Is it possible Porsche will not have a manual transmission car for sale by the end of 2025?

Most likely 911 S will have manual option for 2026 model year.

The only manual 911 that will be offered going forward will be the 911 T, and it will only be available as a manual. Every other 911 will be PDK.

Corvette styling is too Lamboish and edgy for me, but the mechanics components are solid.
Dude to me it’s all about the motor. The Z06 motor is Amazing it’s truly off the charts, that is the only reason I bought her. I can’t believe GM out of all companies made this motor at this time when all are going forced induction or turbos. Plus the good news some dealers are now giving 10K off MSRP on Z06

Last edited:
The only manual 911 that will be offered going forward will be the 911 T, and it will only be available as a manual. Every other 911 will be PDK.
Is that confirmed? If so that makes the 911T that much more desirable- especially in an era when every spec car including the base is fast.

He said "moving forward" implying all future 911's, including the 992.2 GT3/Touring/ST will be PDK only. That's all speculation and fear mongering. People have been saying that for over a decade and it's continued to be false.

Last edited:
He said "moving forward" implying all future 911's, including the 992.2 GT3/Touring/ST will be PDK only. That's all speculation and fear mongering. People have been saying that for over a decade and it's continued to be false.

See Car & Driver review for the 2025 GT3RS - No more GT3 or GT3 Touring thus no manual GT cars are available.

1725123169005.png

Agree regarding its styling. Can't argue with the point that GM got the engine, performance and, primarily, the value proposition right, but I'll never forget my reaction the first time I saw the new vette in person. I drooled as I stared at its front facia in amazement, and as I stepped sideways towards its rear end my jaw dropped... in disbelief and disappointment. At that point, nothing else mattered.

See Car & Driver review for the 2025 GT3RS - No more GT3 or GT3 Touring thus no manual GT cars are available.

View attachment 50808
For MY2025, yes. Did you actually read my post before quoting it? There will still be future manual 911's. The 992.2 GT3, .2 Touring, and whatever other special edition 911's Porsche decides to make after that. 911's being "PDK only moving forward" is not at all "confirmed", and this whole thread is full of misinformation from speculation being treated as fact which helps no one.

For MY2025, yes. Did you actually read my post before quoting it? There will still be future manual 911's. The 992.2 GT3, .2 Touring, and whatever other special edition 911's Porsche decides to make after that. 911's being "PDK only moving forward" is not at all "confirmed", and this whole thread is full of misinformation from speculation being treated as fact which helps no one.
No one can say what the future may hold and everything is subject to change. The fact that Porsche has limited production to the GT3RS for 2025 when they previously offered base and touring alternatives with manuals is a significant development for those who want a new manual GT car. At the end if the day, it’s all speculation and we’re left reading the tea leaves.

Stating the .2 GT3/Touring will be available in a manual is also "speculating", so you're just adding to the misinformation . Where has Porsche confirmed this? Yes, for 2025, the only 911 variant that will be available with a manual transmission will be the "T". This is 100% confirmed. Who knows what MY26 will bring, but for now, no more manuals other than the T.

Not confirmed no matter how many times you say it.

Porsche hasn't even announced that a .2 T model is coming yet.

I think it's likely to happen, but no official plans beyond the base and GTS have been released yet.

Here's the rennlist discussion on it.

Not confirmed no matter how many times you say it.

Porsche hasn't even announced that a .2 T model is coming yet.

I think it's likely to happen, but no official plans beyond the base and GTS have been released yet.

Here's the rennlist discussion on it.

Whether it's been publicly announced yet or not, doesn't change the fact of what some of us know is coming.

I was in Dallas last week for the Porsche Macan EV, and Taycan Refresh, Release. Yes, I happen to work for Porsche. It's was discussed at length as to what is coming next for the .2 911's and, will be announced in October. The T will be the only manual 911 variant for 2025. When the T is announced, the S variants will also be announced.

Whether it's been publicly announced yet or not, doesn't change the fact of what some of us know is coming.

I was in Dallas last week for the Porsche Macan EV, and Taycan Refresh, Release. Yes, I happen to work for Porsche. It's was discussed at length as to what is coming next for the .2 911's and, will be announced in October. The T will be the only manual 911 variant for 2025. When the T is announced, the S variants will also be announced.
Is Porsche aware that one of it's employees is leaking secret information online? Seems like an odd thing for you to do, no?

So odd they announced the GTS first. I have to assume the S model also gets the hybrid drivetrain. This pushes the 911 that much further into GT / numbers chasing territory. The base 911 or T can be for the old school guys who want a manual and no hybrid- a very very small group admittedly.

So odd they announced the GTS first. I have to assume the S model also gets the hybrid drivetrain. This pushes the 911 that much further into GT / numbers chasing territory. The base 911 or T can be for the old school guys who want a manual and no hybrid- a very very small group admittedly.
Agree.

Porsche's clientele has changed dramatically. I've met several GT3 owners that don't know much about their cars. It was never like that in GTx land. Yes, there are still enthusiasts like us, but posers are everywhere now.

A little while back I went up to a guy at gas station and said "Nice 992", he looked back at me and said "it's a 911". It was a long and sad ride home. :(

I'm a huge fan of the T model. I ordered one last September and it came in this past January. For daily/weekend canyon duties, it's arguably one of the best models.

Agree.

Porsche's clientele has changed dramatically. I've met several GT3 owners that don't know much about their cars. It was never like that in GTx land. Yes, there are still enthusiasts like us, but posers are everywhere now.

A little while back I went up to a guy at gas station and said "Nice 992", he looked back at me and said "it's a 911". It was a long and sad ride home. :(

I'm a huge fan of the T model. I ordered one last September and it came in this past January. For daily/weekend canyon duties, it's arguably one of the best models.
Haha. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Love the T and what it represents.

Hate that special edition Porsches are flipped and flexes now. That’s lame.