Prices increase update from Lotus - and stopping of reservations for V6 FE

Featured
Please be advised that, as a result of significantly increasing costs, the Lotus Emira will later this year be subject to new pricing.

Whilst a significant level of cost increase has been absorbed, with effect from 1 June 2023, the retail price will increase to £81,995 (incl VAT) for the Emira V6 First Edition, and £77,795 (incl VAT) for the Emira First Edition 4-cylinder turbocharged variant. Full pricing details can be found on our website. However, your Emira reservation will not be affected by this increase, we can confirm your reservation has been price protected.

We are fully committed to our production schedule and in the next two weeks, we will be in touch via email to update you further on the progression of your Lotus Emira.

Due to overwhelming demand, we will be closing reservations for Lotus Emira V6 First Edition. We will be sharing the exact timings soon.

1676459390320.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I put a deposit down on the new vanderhall Santa Rosa. Dual electric motors, same HP as a Miata but half the weight. No news on when production or delivery will start and poor comms. Guess I’m a sucker for abuse. Lol
So that one is fully electric? I hope there is some kind of sound to make bystanders aware of your presence.
Edit: I just watched a video in which the speaker mentioned 0-60 MPH in sub-4 seconds. Expected cost is about $35,000 and a reservation is $100.

Last edited:
So that one is fully electric? I hope there is some kind of sound to make bystanders aware of your presence.
Edit: I just watched a video in which the speaker mentioned 0-60 MPH in sub-4 seconds. Expected cost is about $35,000 and a reservation is $100.
For me it will come down to final price and production date. I’m trying not to obsess until prices are announced

First post... been following since 2021.
Deposit for a V6 FE was Feb 1, 2022 in Dallas TX, was # 110 at that time, currently as of Feb 1, 2023 1 year later I am #68 in line.
Based on Black Pack and Alcantara wheel option costs...
After fees and Texas taxes puts it around $103K+
($103,000 US converted to Pound is $85,625)
(California Tax would put it about $104K+ or $86,425)
So based on the EU price increase including VAT and including Black Pack and Alcantara wheel will be about $83,595 I really hope they don't increase the US price point.
I saw your post in a different thread, but a lot of us are with Earth MotorCars and they only got 30 FE’s. I’m behind you on the list but don’t let the non-FE distract you too much. My first experience with Lotus was in the Summer of 1990. They have always been kind of a pain in the ass. Not Dallas, Lotus in general. The cars are great but it’s an acquired taste. Plenty of other options in the price range are faster, better appointed, more comfortable, easier to acquire, etc. But….. they’re not a Lotus. As a company they’ve always been Lots Of Trouble, but since about 2013 or so it’s not Usually Serious. You will be able to configure your car anyway you like and will likely have a few more options outside of the FE standard. Expect about an 8% increase in price as well.

Indeed all V6 FE + I4 FE locked in orders were not refundable (2x deposits). Obviously deposits for base edition cars (1x deposit) are fully refundable until options pricing is made available and a spec is subsequently locked in.

In summary, the Emira price situation in Australia is as follows:

Price (MSRP)Orders placed prior to 24th Feb 23Future orders
V6 FE$184,990
(price locked - no increase)
$199,990
(new price - 8.1% increase)
i4 FE$185,490 (~4.2% increase, originally $177,990)$192,990
(new price - 8.4% increase)

Lotus Australia has decided to absorb V6 FE factory price increases for all V6 FE cars built 1st June onwards which is when Lotus Cars will be applying the factory 8% price increase. For I4 FE cars (which are all being built after 1st June), Lotus Australia has decided to split the difference. I would assume FE options prices remain the same.

There has been no formal announcement for new base prices as yet but I would expect that all deposit holders for Emira Base vehicles will have the full price increase applied.

Price (MSRP)Advertised priceNew price
V6 Base$169,990TBA ($183,990 ?)
I4 Base$155,990TBA ($168,990 ?)

I am a Base edition order around April 2022 - 1 deposit paid, unable to pay second deposit because it is not available to spec yet.
I have been away for a month, got back to some emails saying our local now has demos in so come have a look etc, which is great I plan to head down next week.
As I am yet to spec, I went online perhaps two days ago to check the config hoping it was now up for Base Edition, I noted its been updated but pricing was the same around $185K AUD for the V6 FE. I didn't look into the I4 engine from memory, I was really just checking in to see if Base Ed. was able to be specced. I noted the price for the Base (AUD$169,990) was no longer showing. Delivery for Base FE was still showing Q4 2023. I didn't think much else of it..

As i've been away I got catching up on the forum, and found this thread last night. Coincidently, I jumped back onto Lotus Australia and over night the advertised price now has increased for V6 to $199,990 (as stated above). It does not specify this is FE or Base? It looks like FE section - the i4 model advertised price matches the prices above. Considering all V6 FE's have been sold out a long time ago I'm not sure why they would show the increased advertised price instead of simply just saying "allocation exhausted" or something.

Anyway, has anyone in Australia received emails regarding Base pricing and what Lotus are intending to do here, particularly considering? Also has anyone had recent update as to Base speccing?

I am a Base edition order around April 2022 - 1 deposit paid, unable to pay second deposit because it is not available to spec yet.
I have been away for a month, got back to some emails saying our local now has demos in so come have a look etc, which is great I plan to head down next week.
As I am yet to spec, I went online perhaps two days ago to check the config hoping it was now up for Base Edition, I noted its been updated but pricing was the same around $185K AUD for the V6 FE. I didn't look into the I4 engine from memory, I was really just checking in to see if Base Ed. was able to be specced. I noted the price for the Base (AUD$169,990) was no longer showing. Delivery for Base FE was still showing Q4 2023. I didn't think much else of it..

As i've been away I got catching up on the forum, and found this thread last night. Coincidently, I jumped back onto Lotus Australia and over night the advertised price now has increased for V6 to $199,990 (as stated above). It does not specify this is FE or Base? It looks like FE section - the i4 model advertised price matches the prices above. Considering all V6 FE's have been sold out a long time ago I'm not sure why they would show the increased advertised price instead of simply just saying "allocation exhausted" or something.

Anyway, has anyone in Australia received emails regarding Base pricing and what Lotus are intending to do here, particularly considering? Also has anyone had recent update as to Base speccing?
There has been no information released globally about updated Base pricing or specifications as yet.

But I would assume the increase would be the same order of magnitude as the FE price increases.

I had a conversation with Lotus Customer Care before ordering and they stated in writing "I can confirm any new deposit placed will lock the price in for the new Emira...." - I've sent them a screenshot of the conversation as I received the price rise email. I've had no response despite chasing and now being asked to pay a "configuration fee" where I have to accept a new set of terms and conditions that give them the right to charge a higher price. Not a great way to start a new relationship....

How about if LOTUS boost the power of the I4 back up to make up for the price increase?
It would go some small way towards making an unpleasant situation less bad... but £6K is one hell of an expensive remap 😅

Prior prices were: I4 FE £71,995, V6 £75,995 plus options. New prices are £77,995 and £81,995 (inc VAT) respectively.
So a price rise of £6,000. (Approx 8%).

This also makes the adjusted price of the MY24 I4 FE more expensive than the price of a MY23 V6 FE.

From price rise comments in prior posts this week (from New Zealand and UAE) it seems that this will be a global 8% price rise.
The question is; when you have not only paid your deposit (summer 2021), and signed a contract as well as paid a 10% down payment to your market importer/distributor in April 2022, can they still demand the “price increase” when they are late delivering your car, perhaps in late autumn/fall 2023?

I assume that at the time you have signed the contract and paid the initial installment (not just the deposit), the price of the car should be fixed?

With them announcing the end of the V6 FE with this announcement I wonder if this means deposits from last year might still get one.

The email said that Lotus would be in touch in the next two weeks....has anyone based in the UK had this follow up email yet?

The email said that Lotus would be in touch in the next two weeks....has anyone based in the UK had this follow up email yet?
On the original price hike mail? I did, I was given the Lotus portal stuff to confirm my order into production. Although the word "production" is just a label to give the sense of progress, as I'm still not getting the car until July

No, but I did speak to Abi in LCC yesterday who confirmed my car will be built this month and delivered next month🤞(14th July 2021 deposit)

Reactions: JXJ
Nein, aber ich habe gestern mit Abi in LCC gesprochen, der bestätigt hat, dass mein Auto diesen Monat gebaut und nächsten Monat geliefert wird🤞(Anzahlung am 14. Juli 2021)
Haben Sie eine Mail-Adresse vom Abi LCC für mich? In Deutschland erhalte ich keine Informationen.
Vielleicht kann mir bei LCC jemand helfen. Danke schön!

Haben Sie eine Mail-Adresse vom Abi LCC für mich? In Deutschland erhalte ich keine Informationen.
Vielleicht kann mir bei LCC jemand helfen. Danke schön!
Apologies, my German is rusty! I went to the Lotus website and used the chat function - was connected to an agent within a couple of minutes, and Abi was able to check the status of my order there and then. Seem to get a quicker response this way than via than email

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back