• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Pulled out, after getting conflicting delevery dates from Lotus CC

Andrew, I'm glad you found another car that tickles your fancy and checks all the boxes.
I'm also thinking about pulling the plug on my Emira.
The way things sit now, I may end up taking delivery of my base Emira sometime in 2024, which is a very long way off, and life is short and getting very unpredictable.
The reason I chose a Lotus in the first place is because I'm looking for a car that offers the most driver engagement, driver involvement raw, visceral, sensory, analog, driving experience, so a manual transmission is a must.
Unfortunately, there are very few cars for sale today that provide that kind of experience for around $100,000 CDN or £60,000.
Most Porsche's these days are so polished, and incredibly refined, they don't provide that raw, visceral experience I'm looking for, plus a GT3 costs almost $200,000 CDN and that's if you can even qualify for one.
Believe it or not, the car I've been researching to replace my Emira order is the Shelby Mustang GT350.
Now guys please don't laugh, I know what you're thinking especially all of you gents across the pond, a Ford Mustang in place of a Lotus, you've got to be kidding, but hear me out.
The Shelby GT350 is a very, very capable sports car and not just a straight line muscle car like the Mustangs of old, as it handles incredibly well.
It comes with a sophisticated flat-plane crank V8 engine that sounds glorious and revs to an amazing 8,250 rpm, and talk about the raw visceral, analog sensory overload....it has it in droves.
Planning on test driving two tomorrow weather permitting.🤞
For those of you not familiar with the Shelby GT350 here's a little sample.
I’ve been contemplating one as well- LOVE the sound.

Just you make sure you check the car out and it’s history. I’m sure you’ve done your research but there have been some with significant motor issues. Most seem to be fine but the Voodoo motors have had issues.

Just hope you never have to replace those ceramic disc brakes! Probably costs more to replace than the second hand value of the car. :oops:

Believe it or not, the car I've been researching to replace my Emira order is the Shelby Mustang GT350.
Now guys please don't laugh, I know what you're thinking especially all of you gents across the pond, a Ford Mustang in place of a Lotus, you've got to be kidding, but hear me out.
It's pretty interesting to hear alternatives...
I may hv to seriously consider as well...mainly cos the initial word "affordable" used is slowly not coming true here. I may just end up keeping my MX5 as the fun car and upgrade the family drive instead. I'm looking at you macan S ;)

Im sorta in the same boat as you. Victory Lotus added a $20,000 mark up ( Even though they swore they wouldnt) I walked and have a Boxster Spyder on order now. In hindsight I'm happy and really think the Emira would have been a mistake based on Lotus's history and my dealership experience from day 1. I put a deposit with another dealer but will likely cancel the order when they call me to build it. The car is no longer interesting to me with all the shortfalls and the fact Lotus has made a reputation for constantly dropping the ball. I'm grateful it was an easy decision to make.
Can’t go wrong, I have Porsche GTS and love it…

Attachments

• IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 64
I respect that some don't want to wait for their EMIRA order after making a deposit,..... but I still do Not understand it.

I've got a deposit on a 718 GTS and the mighty Porker Company say final quarter 2022 but maybe later depending on World events.......all other models 1 year plus

Waiting is fine with me, but the finance might be a deal breaker if interest rates shoots up

Im sorta in the same boat as you. Victory Lotus added a $20,000 mark up ( Even though they swore they wouldnt) I walked and have a Boxster Spyder on order now. In hindsight I'm happy and really think the Emira would have been a mistake based on Lotus's history and my dealership experience from day 1. I put a deposit with another dealer but will likely cancel the order when they call me to build it. The car is no longer interesting to me with all the shortfalls and the fact Lotus has made a reputation for constantly dropping the ball. I'm grateful it was an easy decision to make.
Wait, are you talking about Victory Lotus in Princeton, NJ? You know, the same place where my deposit is collecting dust?

@Clam unfortunately yes. I was #1 at that dealer. When I gave them a deposit they didn't even know the car existed. Maria, Scott and Ryan were absolutely terrible from the start. That dealership was the most unethical buisness I've ever dealt with. I blame myself for not going with Gator. Live and learn.

• Sad
Reactions: ADC
Wow, the dealer replied like that? They deserve to be named and shamed around your local region. Disgusting.
I left a long review and they got it deleted. Shame

"This dealer is the most unethical car dealership I have ever dealt with, period. I put a deposit on an Emira the date of the launch. I was #1 on the list and to say I was excited is a massive understatement. When I put my deposit with them you had other dealerships like Gator guaranteeing MSRP in writing so I was a little hesitant. But Victory assured me that they would sell it for MSRP and that they would put it in writing, but that never happened. I said Ok and Maria was very happy to take my credit card info. After they took my money that's the last I heard from them though. While other dealerships were updating customers with news and exciting info I was given none of that. Which honestly isn't the end of the world even though they promised me the opposite. That's not where it stopped though when it came to empty promises. Originally guaranteeing MSRP they now decided 8 months later that they are adding a $20,000 mark up! They gave me the "take it or leave it because we have 24 other people interested" I should have seen this coming and now I'm not going to get a first edition because I put my faith in the integrity of this dealer. Because of this I would never consider doing buisness with them as there are other Lotus dealerships with proven track records."

"This dealer is the most unethical car dealership I have ever dealt with, period. I put a deposit on an Emira the date of the launch. I was #1 on the list and to say I was excited is a massive understatement. When I put my deposit with them you had other dealerships like Gator guaranteeing MSRP in writing so I was a little hesitant. But Victory assured me that they would sell it for MSRP and that they would put it in writing, but that never happened. I said Ok and Maria was very happy to take my credit card info. After they took my money that's the last I heard from them though. While other dealerships were updating customers with news and exciting info I was given none of that. Which honestly isn't the end of the world even though they promised me the opposite. That's not where it stopped though when it came to empty promises. Originally guaranteeing MSRP they now decided 8 months later that they are adding a $20,000 mark up! They gave me the "take it or leave it because we have 24 other people interested" I should have seen this coming and now I'm not going to get a first edition because I put my faith in the integrity of this dealer. Because of this I would never consider doing buisness with them as there are other Lotus dealerships with proven track records."
That sucks!! or as we say in Texas “ really chaps my ass “ I really feel for you! Personally I would contact Lotus directly. Explain the situation and provide them with deposit information..
This will accomplish two things first you may be given the opportunity to order directly from lotus. Returning you to a similar place in line. Secondly it will communicate to lotus HQ but they have a problem with Internet work. Which they may be inclined fix.
I am a loss of words on how to console you. My deepest sympathy for your loss!!

Just you make sure you check the car out and it’s history. I’m sure you’ve done your research but there have been some with significant motor issues. Most seem to be fine but the Voodoo motors have had issues.
Thanks for the tip my friend.
Yeah after doing my research I'm fully aware that some cars had engine problems apparently the Rings were bad and they consumed a lot of oil.
The owners did not pay close attention to their oil levels, then engines failed.
The car I'm interested in is at a Ford dealership and they said I could buy an extended warranty for four years or 40,000 km, powertrain warranty for $2,000, all inclusive for $3,000.
If I decide to purchase a Shelby GT350 I will definitely get the extended warranty, plus I was told I can transfer it to the next owner if I decide to sell down the road.
Since I currently don't have a garage to store my vehicles another good thing about the Shelby is that it looks like a regular Mustang to the untrained eye so I can park it outside no big deal won't Garner any attention, not so if I got the Lotus Emira, which to the untrained eye looks similar to a Ferrari ie lots of attention.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip my friend.
Yeah after doing my research I'm fully aware that some cars had engine problems apparently the Rings were bad and they consumed a lot of oil.
The owners did not pay close attention to their oil levels, then engines failed.
The car I'm interested in is at a Ford dealership and they said I could buy an extended warranty for four years or 40,000 km, powertrain warranty for $2,000, all inclusive for $3,000.
If I decide to purchase a Shelby GT350 I will definitely get the extended warranty, plus I was told I can transfer it to the next owner if I decide to sell down the road.
I wish you luck, I've always had a soft spot for the GT350.

Definitely send that to Lotus. This is the kind of crud that every manufacturer has to deal with unfortunately. GM is taking the position of pulling the allocation of any dealership that does something like this with the Z06. Maybe Lotus can do the same thing with these guys. They don't deserve to be a Lotus dealer with attitudes and behavior like that.

@Climber honestly your comment made me feel better! haha. It is what it is. You have a good idea with reaching out to Lotus directly. I'm not sure how to do that but I'm gonna look into it. Thank you