• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Race to the first i4

Yesterday my ongoing Lotus Emira First Edition i4 ordering saga (which started on 8th July 2021!) came to an end when I collected this 3-month old, 250 miles, ex-demonstrator Lotus Emira First Edition V6 Auto in virtually the same specification, and on the same day that Lotus Cars refunded our original deposit. Many thanks to Jack Bristow at Hendy Performance Eastleigh for a flawless transaction and handover process of what is, effectively, a brand new car. Lotus Cars have some way to go yet to match the direct sales model (and associated "premium brand" customer expectations) up to the ongoing dealership (sorry - sales agent!) experience for approved used Lotus cars. After 4 1/2 hours drive home in the pouring rain it's not quite as "showroom fresh" today but here's hoping that the new GardX CX2 ceramic coating has done it's job!View attachment 32462
What’s the auto gearbox like? Happy with it?

I have just received a text message today asking me to finalise the specification of my vehicle to ensure I receive it a timely manner. I originally ordered my i4 in December 2022. Yet, I finalised my spec some months ago and the last email I received said my car would be November 23 build. Given issues highlighted on this Forum I never thought it would be built in November, but how comes they are asking me to finalise my spec? Is this just usual Lotus rubbish comms ?
Yep, I got the same text. Assume it was sent in error.

Not a good paragraph from the November issue of Car magazine.

IMG_1758.jpeg

Not a good paragraph from the November issue of Car magazine.

View attachment 32893
Surely Lotus has to be keenly aware that the I4 owners are going to be really pissed if this is an accurate description of the DCT character. If they deliver cars without addressing that issue first..........and they think they have bad PR now.

Quick question for i4 owners.... Is the Lotus Emira the most expensive 4 cylinder car on the market? I was struggling to find a more costly 4 cyl. (besides a Porsche 718 S with PTS paint and every option checked)

Last edited:
Quick question for i4 owners.... Is the Lotus Emira the most expensive 4 cylinder car on the market? I was struggling to find a more costly 4 cyl. (besides a Porsche 718 S with PTS paint and every option checked)
I think the Alpine A110r is the most expensive 4 cyl.

BAC Mono R £289,995

We do not get those cars in N/A market. I think over here it is the highest price 4 cyl.

Celebrating my post #300 as a member of this wonderful Emiraforum Community,

I have recently received trustable testimony that most of the reported problems with the i4 version of the Emira, including re-programming of the DCT gearbox, has indeed been sorted out and resolved. The only way to prove this would be to have one of the several journalists that published i4 tests back in early August re-test a recently built i4 vehicle. But I have no confirmation that this is scheduled to happen.

Only time will show, and personally I will stay firm with my i4 FE order believing that Lotus Cars has gotten it right.

I was also told that there is a considerable number of i4 vehicles at Hethel Lotus stored for shipment. Many of them are LOTUS NYO bound for China, while also a considerable number are regular LOTUS branded (for other markets than China).

I have recently received trustable testimony that most of the reported problems with the i4 version of the Emira, including re-programming of the DCT gearbox, has indeed been sorted out and resolved. The only way to prove this would be to have one of the several journalists that published i4 tests back in early August re-test a recently built i4 vehicle. But I have no confirmation that this is scheduled to happen.

Only time will show, and personally I will stay firm with my i4 FE order believing that Lotus Cars has gotten it right.

I was also told that there is a considerable number of i4 vehicles at Hethel Lotus stored for shipment. Many of them are LOTUS NYO bound for China, while also a considerable number are regular LOTUS branded (for other markets than China).
Excellent intel Tokion. I hope your sources are accurate. This is the positive news we have been praying for!

I really really hope your intelligence is accurate

I really really hope your intelligence is accurate
Hint:

Anyone with an appointment to visit Hethel Lotus Retail can check this by enjoying pleasant conversation with the staff in charge there. You also get to observe the cars in stock ready for shipping, and it is equally easy to spot which has the ‘NYO’ and which don’t. I admit that I haven’t been there personally, but someone that I am close to and fully trust has……..

Other than that; for my own sake as an upcoming i4 FE recepient, I also hope the information obtained is accurate, because the proof is in the pudding ❤️

Hint:

Anyone with an appointment to visit Hethel Lotus Retail can check this by enjoying pleasant conversation with the staff in charge there. You also get to observe the cars in stock ready for shipping, and it is equally easy to spot which has the ‘NYO’ and which don’t. I admit that I haven’t been there personally, but someone that I am close to and fully trust has……..

Other than that; for my own sake as an upcoming i4 FE recepient, I also hope the information obtained is accurate, because the proof is in the pudding ❤️
Really hope your friend's intel is on the money. Wouldn't it be great if they sorted the DCT "issue" and gave us 400HP too! Your insight has always gelled with me; I don't mind any extra wait for it to be released perfect.