Race to the first i4

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
R for me aswel, can’t see where to check service due though if you can advise? Dosnt come up when starting the car and can’t find it on info screen?! Amazing car though so pleased I waited for I4, proper pocket rocket, oh and the jaw dropping. and phones taking photos going through town is getting a little much….😀

It's on the vehicle health widget in the drivers display, move right from the tyre pressure display.
1711915169368.png

MB-SC-LTSE

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Think the engine sound is very deep and playful, loud enough in the cabin, think a louder exhaust would be a bit overload personally, it sounds throaty from the outside not loud but classy, any noisier I really don’t think would suit the car unless you want to be a boy racer as we say in the UK! As a nearly 50 year bloke my days of loud exhausts are over! 😀
Thanks for the extra detail. I agree, I want it to sound like a proper sports car without it being obnoxious. Glad to hear you guys think it's so, right from the factory. I'm anxious to hear it in person.

Superman

Emira Owner!!
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Thanks for the extra detail. I agree, I want it to sound like a proper sports car without it being obnoxious. Glad to hear you guys think it's so, right from the factory. I'm anxious to hear it in person.
Everyone's perception, wants and expectations are different, but to my ear it is perfect as it is. Once you hear one (in both Tour and Sport), you'll know whether you like it as-is or not.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I agree with what others have said, it's very prominent in Sport Mode. Any louder and I would worry about it being boomy. I've lived the "boy racer" life in a modded Impreza and a V8 M3. I quite like the split personality you get from having the valves closed vs open. We were cruising back from the dealership at 70ish and it was super refined in Tour. Plus having 8 gears means you're only doing around 2,000 rpm!

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've now done 490 miles in the car, nearly half way through running in already! Useful things long weekends :ROFLMAO:

Some initial thoughts I have about the car:

First and foremost I absolutely love it, still can't quite believe it is mine.

Engine: It almost feels cruel when limiting how I drive the car in the running in period. Even just in tour with limited throttle travel it still wants to go, definitely doesn't feel short on power! I'll probably let it play a little more over the next 500 miles (after all, the procedure does say it shouldn't be above 4000rpm continuously, not never above 4000!)

Sound: I don't feel I can properly evaluate this yet until I've completed running the car in, especially seeing as I'm sticking with Tour mode but for now I think it's going to be good for what I'm after. I'm not after a loud "look at me" exhaust.

Gearbox: No complaints from me in my usage of the car so far, again probably needs the car being run in for a proper evaluation. Only "issue" I've had so far is specific to running in, in automatic mode it has a couple of times been "slow" to shift up a gear to keep the engine revs low, easily got round with the paddles and in normal use wouldn't have been in that situation!

Handling: I can already tell that the limitation here is going to be behind the wheel and not the car itself! The car just feels so well planted and gives confidence to the driver, it grips really well, even in the wet (Eagle F1s).

Suspension (Touring): I'm glad I didn't go for sport, on roads where the road surface is less than ideal I definitely wouldn't want anything firmer.

Other: Definite head-turner, If only I had £1 for every time my wife said "he/she looked" as we pass people in the car! Also the car itself definitely has two personalities, it comes alive when you get a road suitable to have a bit of fun on, but if you're just in A to B mode it is such a pleasant place to be. On the A to B type cruises there is also the added bonus of great fuel economy, I've seen over 40 mpg which seems astonishing for a car like this (that's in the UK, would be 33.3+ mpg in the US), not the point of the car of course, but nice to have when not pushing.

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've now done 490 miles in the car, nearly half way through running in already! Useful things long weekends :ROFLMAO:

Engine: It almost feels cruel when limiting how I drive the car in the running in period. Even just in tour with limited throttle travel it still wants to go, definitely doesn't feel short on power! I'll probably let it play a little more over the next 500 miles (after all, the procedure does say it shouldn't be above 4000rpm continuously, not never above 4000!)

Sound: I don't feel I can properly evaluate this yet until I've completed running the car in, especially seeing as I'm sticking with Tour mode but for now I think it's going to be good for what I'm after. I'm not after a loud "look at me" exhaust.

Gearbox: No complaints from me in my usage of the car so far, again probably needs the car being run in for a proper evaluation. Only "issue" I've had so far is specific to running in, in automatic mode it has a couple of times been "slow" to shift up a gear to keep the engine revs low, easily got round with the paddles and in normal use wouldn't have been in that situation!

Handling: I can already tell that the limitation here is going to be behind the wheel and not the car itself! The car just feels so well planted and gives confidence to the driver, it grips really well, even in the wet (Eagle F1s).

Suspension (Touring): I'm glad I didn't go for sport, on roads where the road surface is less than ideal I definitely wouldn't want anything firmer.

Other: Definite head-turner, If only I had £1 for every time my wife said "he/she looked" as we pass people in the car! Also the car itself definitely has two personalities, it comes alive when you get a road suitable to have a bit of fun on, but if you're just in A to B mode it is such a pleasant place to be. On the A to B type cruises there is also the added bonus of great fuel economy, I've seen over 40 mpg which seems astonishing for a car like this (that's in the UK, would be 33.3+ mpg in the US), not the point of the car of course, but nice to have when not pushing.
Good summary. Agree with a lot of it. I also have Tour suspension and think it is perfect for normal roads. It is a better ride than my old Porsche Boxster and my wife’s Jag F type, yet handling is superb. I can imagine it will be v comfortable doing a long trip in it and fuel efficiency is added bonus. I know there has been a bit of criticism of the seats but I find them comfy and supportive although have not put it through its paces yet. It makes the likes of a Porsche Cayman and even a 911 look very boring. As you say, it is a head- turner, but understandable as it is just such a great looking car, while being a delight to drive. Lotus have done well.

schuey100

Reaction score
Good summary. Agree with a lot of it. I also have Tour suspension and think it is perfect for normal roads. It is a better ride than my old Porsche Boxster and my wife’s Jag F type, yet handling is superb. I can imagine it will be v comfortable doing a long trip in it and fuel efficiency is added bonus. I know there has been a bit of criticism of the seats but I find them comfy and supportive although have not put it through its paces yet. It makes the likes of a Porsche Cayman and even a 911 look very boring. As you say, it is a head- turner, but understandable as it is just such a great looking car, while being a delight to drive. Lotus have done well.
Agree with both your comments, stunning car, dried her off 3 times in my drive today as keeps flipping raining, she’ll be out in my showroom tomoz for the foreseeable…..😁

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I also have Tour suspension and think it is perfect for normal roads.
I read somewhere that the i4 Tour suspension setup is firmer than the V6. I test drove the V6 Touring over a year ago so I can't really compare. It feels well suited to our variable road quality here in the UK. I certainly wouldn't want it to be any firmer.

Verdi

Reaction score
I read somewhere that the i4 Tour suspension setup is firmer than the V6. I test drove the V6 Touring over a year ago so I can't really compare. It feels well suited to our variable road quality here in the UK. I certainly wouldn't want it to be any firmer.
Coming from a Cayman GTS I’m finding the steering a bit twitchy and the ride a little unpredictable, but I’ve only done 170 miles

Stsainj

Reaction score

Curious why UK and US mpg are different…isn’t it taking how many miles you were able to drive with a tank divided by how many gallons you have in the tank?

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone had the Check Engine Light come on? It wasn’t lit on collection but it came on yesterday evening and it’s been on throughout the drive to the PPF place this morning. Made for a nervous journey on the M25! I mentioned it to the PPF guy. They’ve done a load of V6 and I4 Emiras and he said they’re always coming on. Even the other i4 they had was doing it! Made me feel a bit less worried about it but I’d prefer not to have it coming on in case it masks a real issue. There are no warnings in the dash display.

IMG_2932.jpeg

JClem

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Has anyone had the Check Engine Light come on? It wasn’t lit on collection but it came on yesterday evening and it’s been on throughout the drive to the PPF place this morning. Made for a nervous journey on the M25! I mentioned it to the PPF guy. They’ve done a load of V6 and I4 Emiras and he said they’re always coming on. Even the other i4 they had was doing it! Made me feel a bit less worried about it but I’d prefer not to have it coming on in case it masks a real issue. There are no warnings in the dash display.

View attachment 40391
I've never had the check engine light come on in my V6 but TBH I'm slightly jealous of the >300mile range without a full tank!!

Only slightly!

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner

View attachment 40391
I’ve done circa 2000km over about 3 months in my I4 and never had a check engine light.

Was it wet when the light came on?

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I've never had the check engine light come on in my V6 but TBH I'm slightly jealous of the >300mile range without a full tank!!

Only slightly!
Range can show maybe 320 miles on my I4 with a full tank, when driven gently, but maybe 240 or less with a heavy right foot.

My fuel consumption took a hit after run in :rolleyes: ;)

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Without wanting to tempt fate, no check engine light has come up on mine as of yet. May be worth getting an OBD reader to see if that shows any error codes associated with the CEL.

Only slightly!
I've had mine show >400 mile range on a full tank when on the motorway after filling up 😉. It doesn't actually get that far on a tank though as I'm not just sticking to the motorways!

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
OBD reader to see if that shows any error codes associated with the CEL.
I'm going to swing by the dealership on Friday after picking up from PPF. Hopefully they can read it and confirm. Fingers crossed - nothing serious. It was driving fine.

schuey100

Reaction score

View attachment 40391
Not yet only done 92 miles though….Be a sensor of some sort but shame as thought it would be only V6 that seemed to come on all the time, pain having to go the dealer and diagnose it etc, hopefully won’t take the shine out of the new car enjoyment for you!