Race to the first i4

CraigO

Reaction score
Finally !!
After a great handover from Central Lotus Nottingham today, my Emira is finally with me.
It's been well over two and a half years of waiting, but initial impressions are that it was very much worth the wait.
The only downside was the very heavy rain on the drive home, so its absolutely filthy now.
It looks amazing in the flesh and drives superbly.

Attachments

• PXL_20240403_084859908.jpg
    PXL_20240403_084859908.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 44
  • PXL_20240403_090555951.jpg
    PXL_20240403_090555951.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 44

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dropped in to Lotus service today to get the CEL checked. They have reset the ECU and it's gone away. However, they were rather cagey about the code. All they would say is that it was "non-specific" and didn't point to any particular issue or sensor in their diagnostics. I will continue to monitor it but if it comes on again and I end up back there then I won't accept that a second time.

I asked about reading the codes myself to save the 2 hour round trip but they seemed reluctant to have owners reading their own codes. The suggestion was that it might somehow interfere with their own investigation. I don't really see how as along as you don't clear the code by accident. Anyway - fingers crossed it was just a post delivery quirk that I don't see again.

Just back from the detailer with front and doors PPF plus full ceramic coating. As Eric would say - "you can't see the join" :)

Emira PPF.jpg

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I dropped in to Lotus service today to get the CEL checked. They have reset the ECU and it's gone away. However, they were rather cagey about the code. All they would say is that it was "non-specific" and didn't point to any particular issue or sensor in their diagnostics. I will continue to monitor it but if it comes on again and I end up back there then I won't accept that a second time.

I asked about reading the codes myself to save the 2 hour round trip but they seemed reluctant to have owners reading their own codes. The suggestion was that it might somehow interfere with their own investigation. I don't really see how as along as you don't clear the code by accident. Anyway - fingers crossed it was just a post delivery quirk that I don't see again.

Just back from the detailer with front and doors PPF plus full ceramic coating. As Eric would say - "you can't see the join" :)

View attachment 40575
Looks good. I’m thinking of having PPF on front of the car. Never used it before. Will It protect from stone chips? Do you mind saying how much it cost ? How long does it normally last?

gdotp

Reaction score

Here is mine in the process of being full ppf’d + ceramic coating. Hope to pick it up on Monday so I can start to enjoy it.

Attachments

• IMG_0963.jpeg
    IMG_0963.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 55

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Looks good. I’m thinking of having PPF on front of the car. Never used it before. Will It protect from stone chips? Do you mind saying how much it cost ? How long does it normally last?
This was my first time too. We bought another car 18 months ago and it's already picked up some stone chips on the bonnet so I thought I'd got the extra mile with the Emira and protect it from the start. I had the front package plus doors done at All that Gleams in Surrey. They do a lot of Emiras and have been recommended by people on here in the past. I'm really happy with the result - no visible edges anywhere. It came in under £2,000 which I thought was worthwhile as a % of the overall cost.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Here is mine in the process of being full ppf’d + ceramic coating. Hope to pick it up on Monday so I can start to enjoy it.
I'm taking mine back down to Topaz in Leeds on Monday for them to do a complimentary first post-PPF wash and check there are no issues with the install. So depending on when you're looking to pick yours up may either see your car or bump into you! (I'll probably be there from 10:30/11:00 for an hour or so)

gdotp

Reaction score
I'm taking mine back down to Topaz in Leeds on Monday for them to do a complimentary first post-PPF wash and check there are no issues with the install. So depending on when you're looking to pick yours up may either see your car or bump into you! (I'll probably be there from 10:30/11:00 for an hour or so)
Probably not as I’ll be there end of day. Tell me if mine looks ok if you see it :)

Mitcheroo

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This was my first time too. We bought another car 18 months ago and it's already picked up some stone chips on the bonnet so I thought I'd got the extra mile with the Emira and protect it from the start. I had the front package plus doors done at All that Gleams in Surrey. They do a lot of Emiras and have been recommended by people on here in the past. I'm really happy with the result - no visible edges anywhere. It came in under £2,000 which I thought was worthwhile as a % of the overall cost.
That’s really helpful. I might do the same. As you say not bad as % of cost. I have a good place near me that does it.

lynchy73

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
That’s really helpful. I might do the same. As you say not bad as % of cost. I have a good place near me that does it.
My experience with PPF is as follows. It hasn’t saved the bodywork in light incidents, but certainly can. The main advantage for me is that with PPF you don’t need to wax and take special care of the paint. No need to be so precious with cleaning as the PPF will come good and does self heal in the sun. The Emira has a reputation for having soft paint, so definitely no harm having PPF IMO.

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Probably not as I’ll be there end of day. Tell me if mine looks ok if you see it :)
Yours is definitely looking good under the lights at Topaz, there's also another DV car currently getting worked on. They've not had any Emiras at Leeds until now apparently and they're now up to four, all i4s!

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
It would be good to hear your thoughts on the PPF. I was super impressed with mine. I can't see any edges at all.

gdotp

Reaction score
It would be good to hear your thoughts on the PPF. I was super impressed with mine. I can't see any edges at all.

Picked mine up from Topaz Leeds and I’m impressed. My first ppf car and you really can’t see edges unless you really go and look for them. I’ve always been a bit sceptical about this process but given I want to keep the car a while I thought I’d try it.

Engine light is on ! …..however, I’d guess the battery want a little flat whist at Topaz so I’ll have to see what I do about that to reset it.

Attachments

• IMG_7795.jpeg
    IMG_7795.jpeg
    293.8 KB · Views: 35

PsymonR

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Picked mine up from Topaz Leeds and I’m impressed. My first ppf car and you really can’t see edges unless you really go and look for them. I’ve always been a bit sceptical about this process but given I want to keep the car a while I thought I’d try it.

Engine light is on ! …..however, I’d guess the battery want a little flat whist at Topaz so I’ll have to see what I do about that to reset it.
I find that it is definitely possible to tell the car has got PPF, but only if you go looking for it, I'm impressed with the job they have done overall. Also I appreciated that they would do the first clean and a check over of the installation, which involved correcting a couple of bits which weren't quite right.

The battery was also low in mine after having been at Topaz, no CEL though, got a low battery warning when being shown round the car at JCT600 (it had only arrived back there from Topaz shortly before I arrived to pick it up!) but once driven no issues.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Sounds good. Hopefully our PPFs will keep the paintwork in great condition for years.

Engine light is on
LOL - welcome to the club! Touch wood - mine's been off since I had it reset by service.

Jan

Reaction score
I just recieved my pro forma invoice and I have to say I was a bit surprised.

Prices are Belgian prices including 21% VAT:
Emira FE i4: 97 625 euro. OK, I knew this.
Exterior Paint: Hethel Yellow: 870 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Black pack: Full Black pack: 1 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Wheels: 20" V-spoke ultralightweight Gloss Black: 880 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Interior trim: Black Alcantara, Yellow stitch: 2 900 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Steering wheel: Black Alcantara with Yellow TDC inserts and contrast stitching: 470 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Equipment: Privacy Glass: 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Equipment: Lotus Vehicle Tracker: 650 euro. OK, I knew this.
Transport and delivery: 393 euro. I did not know this in advance, but I guess this is to be expected.
In total: 105 608 euros. While they have a similar V6 in stock for about 6 months now for only 101 965: https://www.lotus-verhiest.com/nl/new-stock/lotus-emira-v6-first-edition

So 870 + 880 + 2900 + 470 + 393 euros of unexpected costs. This is 5 513 euros more than I knew more than 1 year ago when I ordered.

Where these extras counted for everybody? It feels unfair to me.

Andy H

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
I just recieved my pro forma invoice and I have to say I was a bit surprised.

Prices are Belgian prices including 21% VAT:
Emira FE i4: 97 625 euro. OK, I knew this.
Exterior Paint: Hethel Yellow: 870 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Black pack: Full Black pack: 1 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Wheels: 20" V-spoke ultralightweight Gloss Black: 880 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Interior trim: Black Alcantara, Yellow stitch: 2 900 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Steering wheel: Black Alcantara with Yellow TDC inserts and contrast stitching: 470 euro. I did not know this was an aditional cost?
Equipment: Privacy Glass: 410 euro. OK, I knew this.
Equipment: Lotus Vehicle Tracker: 650 euro. OK, I knew this.
Transport and delivery: 393 euro. I did not know this in advance, but I guess this is to be expected.
In total: 105 608 euros. While they have a similar V6 in stock for about 6 months now for only 101 965: https://www.lotus-verhiest.com/nl/new-stock/lotus-emira-v6-first-edition

So 870 + 880 + 2900 + 470 + 393 euros of unexpected costs. This is 5 513 euros more than I knew more than 1 year ago when I ordered.

Where these extras counted for everybody? It feels unfair to me.
The only options listed on my final invoice were:
£400 for black leather with yellow stitching and TDC marker
£1,200 for Black pack

I think there was a delivery charge rolled into the base price but I don't remember there being a charge for any colour choices, wheels or trim. This seems wrong to me.

I just specced mine on the UK configurator and I get the same 2 option costs, no more. OTR costs and first year licence is rolled into the total but UK specific anyway.

Last edited:

Lotustoronto

Emira Addict
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Last edited: