Recommendation Windshield Protection

Carig5A

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Hello! My car is now at the detail shop for PPF et al and reading all the posts in here regarding windshield cracking , I thought I’ll have mine protected. The installer has been somewhat uncertain of what is best and actually had encouraged me to ask for help in here. Please indicate why you chose and what has been your experience. Thank you
Mon

I’ve heard it has a little bit of distortion but mostly the wipers squeak really loud.

I wouldn’t do it. The hardness of glass is much more than that of plastic.

I’ve heard it has a little bit of distortion but mostly the wipers squeak really loud.

If ever I’d do it will be the 1st time hence newbie haha but thanks! Thankfully haven’t had to deal with windshield issues with my cars 🤞

I got it on mine. I haven't driven it in the rain yet, but where I live there are too many rocks to risk having it cracked so easily.

The point of the plastic is to 'deform' and squish when hit by rocks, not to be harder than glass. It's definitely something I'm getting as I already have a collection of chips/pits in my glass and have only just cracked 1,000 miles.

its bad, not sure why other cars resist rock chips better but this glass is not great at resisting rocks.

The point of the plastic is to 'deform' and squish when hit by rocks, not to be harder than glass. It's definitely something I'm getting as I already have a collection of chips/pits in my glass and have only just cracked 1,000 miles.

its bad, not sure why other cars resist rock chips better but this glass is not great at resisting rocks.
Have you looked into specific brand ?

Have you looked into specific brand ?
I was looking at ExoShield for windsheilds.

But I think Stek also produces a product that includes UV rejection.

I intend to call around a few places and see what they offer/recommend. Exoshield probably has less places that carry it where I live, especially since Stek is a local company.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back