• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Redefined SOON

@Watstone had a similar tone/sentiment to most of your posts aimed toward @Leonard :)
Well I don't think I've been particularly hard on Leonard, and I certainly haven't put him on ignore. I've disagreed with some of his grumpiness from time to time, but he's like our resident old grouch. Just need to buy him a drink or two, and ask him what it was like 'back in the day'. Sometimes reading his posts actually makes me feel young lol. Right wrong or in between, everybody's entitled to their opinion.

Test drives are a focus because many deposit holders have said they don’t want to commit to purchasing without a test drive.

Normally with a pre-launch, deposit holders have to accept they’ll be buying with limited info and possibly no test drive.

Lotus reset that expectation in Dec/Jan when they decided not to ask for a third non-refundable deposit and contractual commitment for UK cars, which was the original plan. Instead they allowed people to defer contractual commitment to 30 days before delivery and told people they could have a test drive before committing, if they wanted.

This change was partly to help manage the delays and also to reduce the risk of people pulling out when asked to commit early.
Yes, but people are pulling out, I suspect, due to delays and lack of communication.

Hahaha, waiting to see the definition of "Leonard" :LOL:

You ask and you shall recieve! 🦁

Hahaha, waiting to see the definition of "Leonard" :LOL:
OIP.048RY6nkkqi69KRyc9MohQAAAA

You ask and you shall recieve! 🦁

This is not the Lotus definition, it will be a bit different :)

😅 If everyone wants to chip in and buy me a 3 pack in Medium I will wear them 🍻
If we're keeping with the Lotus definition thing, you'll have to wait 3 months, and the elastic will either be too tight or too loose (varies on each pair)
😏

If we're keeping with the Lotus definition thing, you'll have to wait 3 months, and the elastic will either be too tight or too loose (varies on each pair)
😏
I want the First Edition badge poorly placed as well. If it isn't chafing it's too ergonomic

As with Forlorn, I want to see and drive a finalised production car and see if Lotus have addressed the points highlighted as not yet final in the reviews and showings of pre-prod cars. And if it has been compromised compared to a late model Evora to give it wider daily driving appeal.

I’m also concerned from seeing the production demo car at B&C that some aspects of the build and quality are not up to par. That might mean I defer from an early car now into next year when they’ve learnt from building a few 100s more and we’re into Spring.

My list of things I want to check is here:

https://www.emiraforum.com/threads/anyone-thinking-twice-about-buying-emira.1968/post-54070
The first showroom-demo Emira at my dealer is also of poor quality. In addition the closed shift gate on it, is supposed to be a misassembly. On the two customer cars that have already arrived, it is open. 🥲

By the way, the delivery sequence in Germany is currently a total mess. The second dealer demo for test drives is still missing, one of the customer cars that already arrived was the first customer order, the other was one of the last First Edition orders and was months after my order.
My Emira may not arrive until next year. My dealer hope to get a list from HQ of delivery dates within the next two weeks. Very frustrating situation. On the other hand, maybe it’s good to not get one of the first cars 😬

Last edited:
Back