Seats and Footwell

MPD

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wow, I can't believe of all the cars I've been in during my life, these are the worst seats 'for me'. For reference, I'm 5'10.5 (yes the .5 matters :)) and 160lbs. Fit guy normal build. Did a 6hr drive this weekend and two things really stood out that made it very uncomfortable for me.

Seats - First off, I really like the design and look. The bolsters by my thighs are not very high and just by normal seating, my legs tend to roll over the top of the bolsters and after about 15min, it starts making my legs a bit numb. If I keep my knees together then no pressure points but obviously can't drive like that. I went and checked my other vehicles; all of them either had deeper seats so your legs were supported (not going over the top) or they will more flat so no pressure points. I will likely have to put a cushion to sit on for now as I really hate spending more money to take them to a shop for upholstery work.

Footwell - I had not been in the car until I received it but I had read many say how small it was. Normally wouldn't be a big deal but when placing the foot on the dead pedal, it is only about the width of half my foot (size 10.5). And because of the seat issue, I constantly want to move my left leg inward to keep off the pressure point but then it puts my foot at a weird angle and rocking on the dead pedal. I think I will make a bracket that is about 2" wider to give a full support platform for the foot.

I realize every body type is different but I've never had issues with these two areas of a car. I hope the cushion resolves the conformtability but it makes me feel like my dad who always has cushions in his cars because he likes it 'comfy'

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back