• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Seneca Photoshop request

Thanks for the info. It's a Galaxy S10e. Checked the screen mode and it was already set to Natural. Interestingly the images rendered on my son's Ipad look almost exactly the same as the PC, so it does indeed seem to be an issue with the Samsung over-saturating the colours . I can live with it if I know that the PC or Ipad is a better representation of the real life colour. I definitely thought the car I'd ordered was blue rather than cyan :)
First make sure you have Adaptive Brightness off and you don't have the phone in Night Light mode - not sure what Samsung calls it in their variant of Android, but it's a feature that shifts the color temperature of the display to be warmer/redder after sunset to lower eye strain.

Additionally, Samsung seems to have some kind of active/adaptive screen adjustment feature that interferes with the display colors based on ambient light generally... not sure if this can be disabled or not, but plugging the phone in to power seems to disable it in certain cases. Folks are complaining about it here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...ng-crazy-over-s10-display-issues/td-p/3084355

First make sure you have Adaptive Brightness off and you don't have the phone in Night Light mode - not sure what Samsung calls it in their variant of Android, but it's a feature that shifts the color temperature of the display to be warmer/redder after sunset to lower eye strain.

Additionally, Samsung seems to have some kind of active/adaptive screen adjustment feature that interferes with the display colors based on ambient light generally... not sure if this can be disabled or not, but plugging the phone in to power seems to disable it in certain cases. Folks are complaining about it here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5...ng-crazy-over-s10-display-issues/td-p/3084355
Thanks again. I've had a good play with the assorted settings. When in vivid mode there are some additional settings to adjust the white balance for r/g/b. Also turned off adaptive brightness. None of them seem to get the colour balance of the Seneca images looking the same as the PC or Ipad. So it seems a slightly dodgy colours are just an annoying 'feature' of Samsung.