• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Shadow Grey Lotus Emira Photo Thread

Yes, I've done the oil change right after the break-in. Lots of little flecks of metal in the oil drain pan from the factory oil, let me know it was the smart thing to do.

Yes, I've done the oil change right after the break-in. Lots of little flecks of metal in the oil drain pan from the factory oil, let me know it was the smart thing to do.
Thanx.. is factory oil drain plug magnetic? I usually run magnetic plugs in all my cars.. did you change it yourself?

Also, do you know when diff or transmission fluid should be changed? Want to move tall fluids to amsoil..

Thanx again

Thanx.. is factory oil drain plug magnetic? I usually run magnetic plugs in all my cars.. did you change it yourself?

Also, do you know when diff or transmission fluid should be changed? Want to move tall fluids to amsoil..

Thanx again
Factory drain plug is not magnetic. Yes, I did do the oil change myself; a LOT cheaper than what the dealer(s) charge.

Change schedule for the transaxle will depend on usage; more often if you track your car. Oddly, although the manual does say what the gear oil requirement is for the trans, it doesn't give the capacity, or any kind of servicing schedule. I'm going to try and get to the dealer this week to get mine changed, because I couldn't figure out where the fill hole was, or how to access it. If I'm allowed in the service bay area, I'll watch and see how he does it.

I'm doing this as something I always do with a new car after break-in, just to clear out the wear-in particulate. There was glitter in the drain pan after I drained the engine oil, and I'm sure the same will happen with the transaxle oil. Beyond that, I'm going to talk to the dealer service tech and see if they have any service schedule info for the manual trans.

Factory drain plug is not magnetic. Yes, I did do the oil change myself; a LOT cheaper than what the dealer(s) charge.

Change schedule for the transaxle will depend on usage; more often if you track your car. Oddly, although the manual does say what the gear oil requirement is for the trans, it doesn't give the capacity, or any kind of servicing schedule. I'm going to try and get to the dealer this week to get mine changed, because I couldn't figure out where the fill hole was, or how to access it. If I'm allowed in the service bay area, I'll watch and see how he does it.

I'm doing this as something I always do with a new car after break-in, just to clear out the wear-in particulate. There was glitter in the drain pan after I drained the engine oil, and I'm sure the same will happen with the transaxle oil. Beyond that, I'm going to talk to the dealer service tech and see if they have any service schedule info for the manual trans.
Appreciate the response and please keep this thread posted on your progress (or PM me). I am planning to add a magnetic drain plug to oil, transmission and diff in the future (would be great to know the thread size/pitch etc.. and interval). I am not planning to track the car.. yet.. :) (still in my honeymoon period with this beauty so babying it a bit but soon enough, just like any beauty, she'll need to be ridden hard.. :) )

Appreciate the response and please keep this thread posted on your progress (or PM me). I am planning to add a magnetic drain plug to oil, transmission and diff in the future (would be great to know the thread size/pitch etc.. and interval). I am not planning to track the car.. yet.. :) (still in my honeymoon period with this beauty so babying it a bit but soon enough, just like any beauty, she'll need to be ridden hard.. :) )
Will do. I'll put the info in my project journal thread "Adding Lightness".

I have yet to see a shadow grey in person. My wife has a selenite grey Mercedes. Anyone who is familiar with this color, how does it compare to shadow grey on the Emira?

Do you have a magnetic plug in mind that fits?