So disappointed with Zinc grey ...

Just4emira

Reaction score
When I locked in my spec, they didn't have the color sample available at the dealership.

The zinc grey in the configurator looks so much darker online than it is when it's seen in person...

When I saw the car in person for the first time yesterday, sceneca blue looked very stunning , yellow and red also looked great.

Out of all the 13 colors emira got, zinc grey really disappointed me.

My delivery will be in November, now I'm thinking that I don't want the car . Because I don't like the color.
I now need to choose stick with Zinc grey emira ...or Electre.

Yesterday, I sat in the dealer's Electre to our way to the garage to see the emira, I am fascinated by the Electre.

Help me out, all the emira lovers.
Should I stick with Zinc grey or buy the Electre?

Thanks alot.

Zinc grey….. my opinion is it’s a “time period” color. What I mean, is that it’s been trendy for a few years now, and might date the car like a barbwire tattoo on an upper arm 😂. The only way I would get a trend color is if I truly loved it and had zero doubts….then it doesn’t matter. But how many people still love their barbwire tattoo! If you are a person that plans to keep the car for a few years then sell… get the color you love. If you are keeping for longer….then maybe another color that’s more time stable. Just my 2 cents….😊

Zinc grey….. my opinion is it’s a “time period” color. What I mean, is that it’s been trendy for a few years now, and might date the car like a barbwire tattoo on an upper arm 😂. The only way I would get a trend color is if I truly loved it and had zero doubts….then it doesn’t matter. But how many people still love their barbwire tattoo! If you are a person that plans to keep the car for a few years then sell… get the color you love. If you are keeping for longer….then maybe another color that’s more time stable. Just my 2 cents….😊
Agree.
We all want to be happy with our choices. But all I can think of each time I ponder it is Undercoat.
It's begging for pin stripes or decals.

I can't think of a bigger "trend color" than Nimbus, but that seems popular.

90's champagne gold cars? Meets 70's metallic browns?

I'll grant you that many manufacturers are picking up a gloss grey, but chalk and nardo have been around for a decade now. But yes I think Zinc is a good base on which accents and decals can be added without clashing

I think the issue with Zinc grey is that it's not light enough. If it was more like the Porsche Chalk color I think it'd be pretty good. But again, it may not be the right color for the way this car is designed. Some colors work better on different shapes.

It is pretty similar to Chalk.

1727286948752.jpeg

Zinc to me operates like Hethel and Vivid. Its on the racier side of the Emira spectrum. Its one that I would lean in on black pack and alacantara. With zinc I would probably even go a step farther and do red calipers and the red stitch alcantara. Interestingly enough when I told my father I ordered Nimbus he said he would have ordered zinc. I went with the Nimbus because I think the metallic moves it more towards the classier side of the Emira spectrum.

I'm sure there are plenty of Porsche folks who don't like Chalk. Especially when it first came out.

But in the decade since, it's become a sort of "no-nonsense" color, that is pretty unique to come across. It's surprising to me how unsupportive the Lotus community (at least here) is about it.

But then, most of the standout porshce colors are the rare ones no one ordered. Is Ruby Star a bit much for most folks? Yeah probably, but...hey then it looks special when you see one.

I'm sure there are plenty of Porsche folks who don't like Chalk. Especially when it first came out.

But in the decade since, it's become a sort of "no-nonsense" color, that is pretty unique to come across. It's surprising to me how unsupportive the Lotus community (at least here) is about it.

But then, most of the standout porshce colors are the rare ones no one ordered. Is Ruby Star a bit much for most folks? Yeah probably, but...hey then it looks special when you see one.
When I was speccing a GTS against the Emira I was speccing Chalk over Blue Leather.

Owned a chalk 991.2 GTS... it blends in. I loved it because even when it was dirty you couldn't really tell, but it was a color most people wouldn't look twice at.

Zinc is trendy. IMO since it is flat, it works better with the alcantera interior with contrasting stitch
Zinc to me operates like Hethel and Vivid. Its on the racier side of the Emira spectrum. Its one that I would lean in on black pack and alacantara. With zinc I would probably even go a step farther and do red calipers and the red stitch alcantara. Interestingly enough when I told my father I ordered Nimbus he said he would have ordered zinc. I went with the Nimbus because I think the metallic moves it more towards the classier side of the Emira spectrum.
Agree with this completely. Zinc is a different vibe and with the right accents it works.

Color is super subjective. I think chalk on a p car or zinc on the lotus looks great and wouldn’t mind getting that color. But it’s whatever floats your boat. I had a dark gray on my Evora GT and really liked it. I switched to Seneca blue with the Emira for something vastly different. Some people like flashy/bright and others like a more conservative look. It’s all good!

1727309791898.png

it looks good..But the amber reflectors in the headlights are fighting the color for attention. The Porsches reflectors are on the bumpers, so they were able to black them out. Zinc also needs dark tent with the black pack imo.

Attachments

• 1727309779887.png
    1727309779887.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
It’s wild how some shades of Zinc grey can look like primer and then other don’t come off like that. Also depends on the lighting. The proof is when you get it! I bought a Range Rover at night under fluorescent light…. The color was Bali Blue. Two days later I went to pick it up at the dealership and when they pulled it around…. I was… what the f***!!! It was straight up purple in the light! ….not the vivid blue I saw the previous night! It grew on me despite the occasional purple comments from my buddies…. Moral here, if ya like it , ya like it…. But just see it in various lighting conditions! 😂

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back