• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Show us your stable!

your

your garage and username do not add up :)
Lol. I bought a new Indian motorcycle back in 2014, model was called a Vintage. I used the name on the Indian forum and ended up carrying over to other forums. I guess some day I'll be Vintage.

I have a trio, my daily is a 2016 BMW M2 with two child seats, my first new car which I configured myself.

View attachment 49664

And for the special moments I have my Opel Speedster Turbo and the Emira.

View attachment 49665

My partner has the „family“ car, a Renault Megane Grandtour.

View attachment 49666
I love the cars. The Speedster Turbo was my go-to in GranTurismo, many many moons ago. Exotic to us in the States. Love that car and the Emira.

Excuse me, but last time I checked this was a Emira Forum not an Evo forum. Anyway, here is my 2014 Evo X GSR (might sell) and 2005 Evo 8 RS. The 8 RS is interesting, as it is the most barebones car I have been in (i.e., no radio, no speakers, no sound-deadening, no power windows, no power mirrors, no vanity mirrors, no wing, no rear wiper, no trunk carpet, no ABS, unpainted mirrors and door handles, etc.,). They only made ~200-300 a year for the US market for the three years they were sold. During its time it was described as a four door Elise. Both are pretty much stock outside of a few cosmetic changes. Emira is alright too, I guess.
Makes me unreasonably happy to see more Evos on here! Mine is a 2006 IX GSR that I’ve owned since new and will never sell. ~330whp with bolt-ons plus Ohlins and Whitelines bits has it in a lovely balance for both street and track.

IMG_2811.jpeg

IMG_0767.jpeg

In the background above you can see my now-sold ‘22 718 Cayman. Very good car and my first P-car, in retrospect I wish I’d spec’d it slightly differently but it was a fun intro to mid-engine. Looked lovely but the Emira is on a different level in terms of feedback and mechanical appeal.

IMG_5420.jpeg

IMG_0771.jpeg

Finally - 2010 997.2 GT3. Bought it last year and am currently in the midst of a complete suspension refresh. It is everything everyone says and more.

IMG_0769.jpeg

IMG_0768.jpeg

And everyone knows what these look like…
IMG_6611.jpeg

Last edited:
Makes me unreasonably happy to see more Evos on here! Mine is a 2006 IX GSR that I’ve owned since new and will never sell. ~330whp with bolt-ons plus Ohlins and Whitelines bits has it in a lovely balance for both street and track.

View attachment 49940

View attachment 49941

In the background above you can see my now-sold ‘22 718 Cayman. Very good car and my first P-car, in retrospect I wish I’d spec’d it slightly differently but it was a fun intro to mid-engine. Looked lovely but the Emira is on a different level in terms of feedback and mechanical appeal.

View attachment 49942

View attachment 49943

Finally - 2010 997.2 GT3. Bought it last year and am currently in the midst of a complete suspension refresh. It is everything everyone says and more.

View attachment 49962

View attachment 49964

And everyone knows what these look like…View attachment 49952
Very nice. You don’t see the 997 GT3s often.

View attachment 49940

And everyone knows what these look like…

Do we need to start an Emira - Evo owners club??

The 718 looks very very nice. I *almost* swapped the Emira purchase for a 981 GT4. Which means of course I'm completely jealous of your 997 GT3. I've loved P -cars for a very long time, Dream car was a 996 Turbo S for a while. I can't seem to convince the wife they don't look "dorky" with circle headlights, but also the pocket book couldn't entertain another fun/track/toy car.

I think I'll probably start an Evo Off-Topic thread so we can go over builds and advice there. <3

Do we need to start an Emira - Evo owners club??

The 718 looks very very nice. I *almost* swapped the Emira purchase for a 981 GT4. Which means of course I'm completely jealous of your 997 GT3. I've loved P -cars for a very long time, Dream car was a 996 Turbo S for a while. I can't seem to convince the wife they don't look "dorky" with circle headlights, but also the pocket book couldn't entertain another fun/track/toy car.

I think I'll probably start an Evo Off-Topic thread so we can go over builds and advice there. <3
Always up for more Evo chat! I ought not to be surprised there’s a few of us on here. Love that you still DD yours…sounds like we have a couple similar mods too.

Depending on what you’re after, I think you made the right choice on Emira vs GT4. You also can’t go wrong. If you want a track weapon, I’d recommend the other way…but on the road, the Emira’s a more compelling drive IMO.

The GT3’s a different thing entirely (in a good way). I’m frankly amazed they sold this car new.

Just a snapshot...

53937761799_131325cc68_6k.jpg
Had to look that one up. Wow, just wow.

Do you have to see a chiropractor to get your spine reset after hammering the gas? I bet it's an incredible experience.

Had to look that one up. Wow, just wow.

Do you have to see a chiropractor to get your spine reset after hammering the gas? I bet it's an incredible experience.
First time I’ve “seen” one as well. I’ve read about them, but didn’t see anyone own it. Quite the extreme vehicle!

First time I’ve “seen” one as well. I’ve read about them, but didn’t see anyone own it. Quite the extreme vehicle!
Not sure if all cars in his photos are his or just the frontal 'subject'. But the practical fun car there. The Gulia quad. ...has a roll cage, so I guess the 4 door practicality was not an essential function.