• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Show us your stable!

LotusRising

Reaction score
I know there are some amazing car collections held by the members of this forum. Please show us a picture of what you got, explain why you chose what you did, and how the Emira fits into it.

I know there are some amazing car collections held by the members of this forum. Please show us a picture of what you got, explain why you chose what you did, and how the Emira fits into it.
How about a really mediocre car collection? Below is my most recent "family portrait" with the four departed members crossed out.
1723666166312.jpeg

L-R
2008 Mercedes S600. Backstory: I wanted a V12 as I have this weird goal of eventually having owned all powertrain configurations offered in the United States. I sorted a big database by V12, and then parsed out the very expensive ones and the stuff I had already owned (like a Mercedes SL). What I did not realize until later is this car is a V12 TT, so it's not a naturally-aspirated V12. So that's still on the list.
1989 Honda CRX HF. I went to look at this for a buddy in 2010. He backed out of buying it. I liked it. So here it is.
1995 Tacoma: Sold. Had it for a year, but it had been wrecked at some point and would never align correctly.
1983 Mercedes 300TD. Inline-5 turbodiesel, charming, and eternally reliable. I've owned this same car twice, first in 2005 and again in 2017. I just like it.
2005 Mitsubishi Evo VIII. I wanted a rally car, but didn't want a Subaru. This is an SSL car with the leather Recaros. My wife and I competed with it until a nasty landing off a small jump required a long repair bill, and now it's set up for tarmac play. And possibly the Targa Newfoundland.
1982 Chevy C10. I used to run an auto auction, and walked past the mechanic's lift. When he lowered it, I noticed the truck's factory 6.2 diesel V8 was wearing a Banks Sidewinder Turbo. So...Now I have it and drive it quite a bit.
2019 Miata GT-S. Autocross car, and my sixth Miata.
1987 Toyota Pickup. The precursor to the Tacoma. My friend's grandfather's truck. The grandfather had died, and it made her sad to see the truck in her driveway. So I helped with that, and took home a 62k-mile original pickup. I have updated it with Android Auto and usually commute with it on colder days as the A/C is unreliable for the summer.
2011 MINI JCW. A friend bought this new, traded it a year later to another friend's dealership, and I bought it six years later with only 9000 miles on it. It lived in a toybox next to his McLaren, and he needed it gone to make room for his new Ferrari F12. Now it has 42k miles.
Honda Recon ATV. I have no idea why I have it.
2017 Inifiniti Q60 Red Sport 400. Sold. The wife's big GT coupe, which we got rid of to get her a C43 AMG coupe, but four years later we still haven't. She's now leaning CLE 53 coupe.
2004 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Unlimited ("LJ"). Woods vehicle. Eventually sold to get a new Bronco, but with their early issues I ended up buying a Honda side-by-side and a dirt bike instead.
1961 Morris Minor 1000. Soon to be donated to a museum, because it's parked where my Emira is going in the garage. I've had it since 2007 when a friend gave it to me. It would feel weird to sell it.
Various motorcycles.

Added since: 1982 Chevy Suburban. I have a 1982 C10, so a 1982 K-series Suburban sounded obvious. Right?
1996 Ford F250: Also my second time having it. I bought it back in 2009 and again in 2021. It's a 7.3 4x4 on 35s. What's not to like?
2010 Lexus ES350. I typically keep an ES350 for commuting. Plus, it's a 2GR-FE...
2014 BMW i3. Wife's commuter. We previously had a 2015 i3, so we're familiar with them.
Also some more motorcycles and stuff have come and gone.

2024 Lotus Emira V6 Manual: When it arrives, this will be our halo car, obviously. When my wife and I met at an autocross, I had an Elise and I let her drive it on the first day we ever said hello. However, I never really liked the Evora after driving an Evora 400, but an experience with the Emira brought me back into the fold immediately. The Emira will serve as a weekend sports car for playing on the mountain roads near our home, similar to how we use our Evo currently. Also, I have previously owned a supercharged I4 and a supercharged V8, so this offers a supercharged V6 to check off the list.

How about a really mediocre car collection? Below is my most recent "family portrait" with the four departed members crossed out.
View attachment 49628

L-R
2008 Mercedes S600. Backstory: I wanted a V12 as I have this weird goal of eventually having owned all powertrain configurations offered in the United States. I sorted a big database by V12, and then parsed out the very expensive ones and the stuff I had already owned (like a Mercedes SL). What I did not realize until later is this car is a V12 TT, so it's not a naturally-aspirated V12. So that's still on the list.
1989 Honda CRX HF. I went to look at this for a buddy in 2010. He backed out of buying it. I liked it. So here it is.
1995 Tacoma: Sold. Had it for a year, but it had been wrecked at some point and would never align correctly.
1983 Mercedes 300TD. Inline-5 turbodiesel, charming, and eternally reliable. I've owned this same car twice, first in 2005 and again in 2017. I just like it.
2005 Mitsubishi Evo VIII. I wanted a rally car, but didn't want a Subaru. This is an SSL car with the leather Recaros. My wife and I competed with it until a nasty landing off a small jump required a long repair bill, and now it's set up for tarmac play. And possibly the Targa Newfoundland.
1982 Chevy C10. I used to run an auto auction, and walked past the mechanic's lift. When he lowered it, I noticed the truck's factory 6.2 diesel V8 was wearing a Banks Sidewinder Turbo. So...Now I have it and drive it quite a bit.
1987 Toyota Pickup. The precursor to the Tacoma. My friend's grandfather's truck. The grandfather had died, and it made her sad to see the truck in her driveway. So I helped with that, and took home a 62k-mile original pickup. I have updated it with Android Auto and usually commute with it on colder days as the A/C is unreliable for the summer.
2011 MINI JCW. A friend bought this new, traded it a year later to another friend's dealership, and I bought it six years later with only 9000 miles on it. It lived in a toybox next to his McLaren, and he needed it gone to make room for his new Ferrari F12. Now it has 42k miles.
2017 Inifiniti Q60 Red Sport 400. Sold. The wife's big GT coupe, which we got rid of to get her a C43 AMG coupe, but four years later we still haven't. She's now leaning CLE 53 coupe.
2004 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door Unlimited ("LJ"). Woods vehicle. Eventually sold to get a new Bronco, but with their early issues I ended up buying a Honda side-by-side and a dirt bike instead.
1961 Morris Minor 1000. Soon to be donated to a museum, because it's parked where my Emira is going in the garage. I've had it since 2007 when a friend gave it to me. It would feel weird to sell it.
Various motorcycles.

Added since: 1982 Chevy Suburban. I have a 1982 C10, so a 1982 K-series Suburban sounded obvious. Right?
1996 Ford F250: Also my second time having it. I bought it back in 2009 and again in 2021. It's a 7.3 4x4 on 35s. What's not to like?
2010 Lexus ES350. I typically keep an ES350 for commuting. Plus, it's a 2GR-FE...
2014 BMW i3. Wife's commuter. We previously had a 2015 i3, so we're familiar with them.

2024 Lotus Emira V6 Manual: When it arrives, this will be our halo car, obviously. When my wife and I met at an autocross, I had an Elise and I let her drive it on the first day we ever said hello. However, I never really liked the Evora after driving an Evora 400, but an experience with the Emira brought me back into the fold immediately. The Emira will serve as a weekend sports car for playing on the mountain roads near our home, similar to how we use our Evo currently. Also, I have previously owned a supercharged I4 and a supercharged V8, so this offers a supercharged V6 to check off the list.
I will take the CRX!

Nice

View attachment 49628

L-R
Various motorcycles.

Great post! You are basically running a dealership. 🤣

Impressed with your knowledge of the cars and your varied interests.

...Honda Recon ATV. I have no idea why I have it.
When my wife and I met at an autocross, I had an Elise and I let her drive it on the first day we ever said hello.
Laughed out loud at the first part, tipped my hat at the second. Well done, sir.

View attachment 49628

L-R
Various motorcycles.

This is the content I started the post for! 👏

Much more modest stable of 3. (including the delivered Emira which now occupies the garage.

2006 Evo 9 - Daily driver duties, including swap over to winter tires. Aftermarket blow off valve on it. some engine mounts. Whiteline sways, Ohlins, larger baffled oilpan, DBA floating rotors, titanium brake backing pads, so on. Have a few other goodies that I should be installing now since I can drive the emira with no concerns for weather. But then I wouldn't be out driving the Emira. Also has done a few track days, seen 146 mph before hitting the brakes for turn1. Brakes still need some sorting as they can still lose feel.

1989 Mazda RX7 FC - LS1 Swapped with T56 6 speed. Stripped out, basically the full catalog of Powered By Max parts, extended lower control arms, cut knuckles, rear bushings all spherical or solid aluminum. PBM Coilovers. Also have a number of waiting goodies like a full explorer 8.8 rear end swap, axles, 2 pumpkins for the 8.8. Realistically it needs a cage and a few rust spot repairs in the floorboard as well as some proper racing buckets and harnesses. Intended drift and time-attack dual purpose. Makes some pretty glorious noises and I've heard plenty of "tin can" sounding LS1s.

Attachments

• PXL_20240404_013606842.jpg
    PXL_20240404_013606842.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DarwinSnow.jpg
    DarwinSnow.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20150906_154841_2.jpg
    IMG_20150906_154841_2.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 43
  • MVIMG_20200531_145443.jpg
    MVIMG_20200531_145443.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 44
  • wetdriving.jpg
    wetdriving.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20240704_013243163.jpg
    PXL_20240704_013243163.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Much more modest stable of 3. (including the delivered Emira which now occupies the garage.

2006 Evo 9 - Daily driver duties, including swap over to winter tires. Aftermarket blow off valve on it. some engine mounts. Whiteline sways, Ohlins, larger baffled oilpan, DBA floating rotors, titanium brake backing pads, so on. Have a few other goodies that I should be installing now since I can drive the emira with no concerns for weather. But then I wouldn't be out driving the Emira. Also has done a few track days, seen 146 mph before hitting the brakes for turn1. Brakes still need some sorting as they can still lose feel.

1989 Mazda RX7 FC - LS1 Swapped with T56 6 speed. Stripped out, basically the full catalog of Powered By Max parts, extended lower control arms, cut knuckles, rear bushings all spherical or solid aluminum. PBM Coilovers. Also have a number of waiting goodies like a full explorer 8.8 rear end swap, axles, 2 pumpkins for the 8.8. Realistically it needs a cage and a few rust spot repairs in the floorboard as well as some proper racing buckets and harnesses. Intended drift and time-attack dual purpose. Makes some pretty glorious noises and I've heard plenty of "tin can" sounding LS1s.
Very nice. I had an FC for the older 302/T5 swap, but sold it during a house move and never completed it. I've owned an RX-8 as well, and I love the magic spinning Doritos.

Excuse me, but last time I checked this was a Emira Forum not an Evo forum. Anyway, here is my 2014 Evo X GSR (might sell) and 2005 Evo 8 RS. The 8 RS is interesting, as it is the most barebones car I have been in (i.e., no radio, no speakers, no sound-deadening, no power windows, no power mirrors, no vanity mirrors, no wing, no rear wiper, no trunk carpet, no ABS, unpainted mirrors and door handles, etc.,). They only made ~200-300 a year for the US market for the three years they were sold. During its time it was described as a four door Elise. Both are pretty much stock outside of a few cosmetic changes. Emira is alright too, I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    311.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2335.JPG
    IMG_2335.JPG
    646.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
The RS will definitely be a rare sight in the future. Not that it intrinsically has more value than a non RS Evo but very cool. Funny that you are in sunny california and own these two AWD monsters. The number of times up here in the PNW I've just driven past SUVs and the sort stuck trying to make it up hill is pretty funny. Love the spec on your Emira, was honestly a close call between what I ended up with an a hethel with black pack.

Extra points for the engine pic and action shots. 👏👏

I have a trio, my daily is a 2016 BMW M2 with two child seats, my first new car which I configured myself.

IMG_6918.jpeg

And for the special moments I have my Opel Speedster Turbo and the Emira.

IMG_0225.jpeg

My partner has the „family“ car, a Renault Megane Grandtour.

IMG_6019.jpeg

Dont want to admit its a collection..and not an amazing one.
Best first :p :
06 Jetta TDI: primarily wife's driver. had for 15 years.
09 Mini Cooper S: wife's pick for little fun car she liked cause 'cute and fun'
14 911C4S: wife's pick as she always wanted 911 (our 2nd)
73 240z: got 15 years ago as stock automatic. A year later, I did all the work to restomod and put a LS1/6 speed into it.
24 Tacoma: Got cause had GR86 and old Tundra and the Emira made 7 (too many for us). 2 for 1 swap.
24 Emira .
The Emira moves around as seen in pics depending on what want to drive.
Need to do a lineup pic soon. Lot of blue.
4 up1.jpg
emira tacoma.jpg

Excuse me, but last time I checked this was a Emira Forum not an Evo forum. Anyway, here is my 2014 Evo X GSR (might sell) and 2005 Evo 8 RS. The 8 RS is interesting, as it is the most barebones car I have been in (i.e., no radio, no speakers, no sound-deadening, no power windows, no power mirrors, no vanity mirrors, no wing, no rear wiper, no trunk carpet, no ABS, unpainted mirrors and door handles, etc.,). They only made ~200-300 a year for the US market for the three years they were sold. During its time it was described as a four door Elise. Both are pretty much stock outside of a few cosmetic changes. Emira is alright too, I guess.
I got Hethel yellow with black pack and the same wheels showing up sometime this fall. How are you feeling about the spec? Does it draw a lot of attention and if so unwanted?

Dont want to admit its a collection..and not an amazing one.
Best first :p :
06 Jetta TDI: primarily wife's driver. had for 15 years.
09 Mini Cooper S: wife's pick for little fun car she liked cause 'cute and fun'
14 911C4S: wife's pick as she always wanted 911 (our 2nd)
73 240z: got 15 years ago as stock automatic. A year later, I did all the work to restomod and put a LS1/6 speed into it.
24 Tacoma: Got cause had GR86 and old Tundra and the Emira made 7 (too many for us). 2 for 1 swap.
24 Emira .
The Emira moves around as seen in pics depending on what want to drive.
Need to do a lineup pic soon. Lot of blue.
View attachment 49670View attachment 49671
Too humble. Awesome “collection”

I got Hethel yellow with black pack and the same wheels showing up sometime this fall. How are you feeling about the spec? Does it draw a lot of attention and if so unwanted?
It definitely draws more attention than anything else I have been in, which I don't love. But, it looks SOO good that I can look past that haha. I have had only one strange encounter so far, but otherwise it has been fine.