• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Speculation: FE I4 will have 400HP and 480NM?

Well Lotus MD Matt Windle was caught on video at Goodwood saying the V6 would be 416hp, which is a very specific number, rather than the round 400hp published online. And it's the same number as the latest Evora iteration, the US-spec Evora GT.

So they may well be holding some in reserve until they can complete real tests on a production car. They're doing that official testing now (type approval etc), as they need to have official emissions figures before they can publish their finance packages. For that reason I expect we'll get an updated and final set of V6 stats in Dec (or early Jan at the latest), well before 3rd UK deposits are due.
Can you please provide a link to this video⁉️

Did anyone hear what Lotus did to reduce the heat for the i4’s engine bay? I read someone in China had issues in a very hot area and had their power reduced to 360.
Hopefully this has been sorted out better than the extra intake so the US guys don’t have any issues in the hotter states. Will this be a limiting factor in the future for those who want to modify their cars?
Great start though that the 400 is coming to the US, although I wouldn’t be happy if I’d bought a 360 unless the dealer can do the upgrades.

Last edited:
Did anyone here what Toyota did to reduce the heat for the i4’s engine bay? I read someone in China had issues in a very hot area and had their power reduced to 360.
Hopefully this has been sorted out better than the extra intake so the US guys don’t have any issues in the hotter states. Will this be a limiting factor in the future for those who want to modify their cars?
Great start though that the 400 is coming to the US, although I wouldn’t be happy if I’d bought a 360 unless the dealer can do the upgrades.
you mean mercedes right?

Can you please provide a link to this video⁉️
Forgive me if your motivation is to put together a historic timeline of Lotus Shenanigans, but... that remark was made 3 years ago, and things clearly moved on 😅

you mean mercedes right?
I meant Lotus but well spotted (y)
That's what happens posting late at night on a phone when I should have gone to bed. It gets worse now I have had to start wearing glasses to read and keep forgetting to put them on, or just losing them.
:ROFLMAO:

Well, looks like this is official now for North America (or at least in Canada). Gotta say I'm not entirely sure I made the right decision for cancelling my order.
IMG_7588.jpg

Also from Lotus in fine print: we have removed the v6 manual from our online configurator and hope no one notices with this big splashy announcement!