• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Speculative price

This is only speculative of course, but I saw a few weeks ago that the Lotus dealer in Sydney was providing a figure of $160000 (inclusive of all on road costs) for the i4, and 190k for the v6

That’s way above what I was budgeting for - and at that I’m definitely out
Are insanely inflated car prices the norm in Aus?

Any hopes that the Emira will come in at some "budget price" ($60K - $70K base in North America) is just wishful thinking. Just based on a few things like Evora pricing, new model excitement, and DEMAND, there is no reason to expect this car to start at less than an $80K base for North America. Start getting used to the idea of most of these to sell optioned out at $95K-$100K. (At which point I'm not sure I'd still be interested. The Emira is a beautiful car, but I've already got an Elise, and the C8 isn't a bad option either.)
I’ve been trying to work out what the pricing might look like and I agree that any hopes of a launch edition spec car coming in anywhere close to £60k are somewhat optimistic. The closest competitor I can think of to a V6 Emira is a Porsche Cayman GTS. With a decent spec, you’re looking at £75k for one of those and I can’t see any reason Lotus would price the Emira much lower than that. I’d expect a launch spec V6 Emira with the Sports pack, Kef audio etc to be North of £80k. Not sure how that will translate into USD, but I’d guess it’ll be pretty much on par with GBP, so $80k. At Goodwood, Lotus said they’d announce pricing and start taking orders in September, but I’ve since had an email saying I’ll have an opportunity to spec my car in “Autumn ‘21”, so I wonder if they’re already on the back foot with timelines.

Pricing still needs to be finalised, but it’s not looking good for Australia

Attachments

• 19E9BB07-F9B1-423B-9F49-5ECA79CB8842.png
    19E9BB07-F9B1-423B-9F49-5ECA79CB8842.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 69
Pricing still needs to be finalised, but it’s not looking good for Australia
Yes, Unfortunately this seems to be the case. This was the initial email from the dealer in Perth...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210824-080904_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210824-080904_Gmail.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 66
Evening,

I have no information to go on other than what I know the 2021 Evora GT asking price was prior to the release of the Emira. However, it does stand to reason how the price for the first edition would come in between $80k-$115k USD. There's just no way the Emira will be less expensive than the Evora GT.

Anticipating the high end figure fully spec'd out to range between $100k-$120k I went ahead and made the appropriate provisions early.

I also think it's spot on to delay releasing these numbers to drive & assess demand and allow the MD's work time to reach consumers...and give consumers a bit of time to execute on the buying decision. Smart. September will definitely be interesting.

Evening,

I have no information to go on other than what I know the 2021 Evora GT asking price was prior to the release of the Emira. However, it does stand to reason how the price for the first edition would come in between $80k-$115k USD. There's just no way the Emira will be less expensive than the Evora GT.

Anticipating the high end figure fully spec'd out to range between $100k-$120k I went ahead and made the appropriate provisions early.

I also think it's spot on to delay releasing these numbers to drive & assess demand and allow the MD's work time to reach consumers...and give consumers a bit of time to execute on the buying decision. Smart. September will definitely be interesting.
Lotus have automated a lot of their processes though, which, is supposed to result in a much lower cost to build

So it’s not unreasonable to think it would be cheaper

Lotus have automated a lot of their processes though, which, is supposed to result in a much lower cost to build

So it’s not unreasonable to think it would be cheaper
Yes. That is a great point, and its something I did not consider. Agreed.