đź““ Journals Speedy Emira Build

This prefix is only usable in the Lotus Emira Journals forum.

Speedy Emira

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
In order to keep my build record in one place I thought I’d start a thread.
Ok so far I have completed the following mods:

1. Nitron fast road coil overs with 15mm height drop.
2. Miltek full exhaust with cat bypass pipe.

Soon to be fitted I have the GRP motorsport titanium wheels fittings. On order I have the Aerie carbon engine surround, Aerie lightweight black gloss alloys and GRP 12mm concentric spacers.

Soon it will be in for the new doors, rear quarter and spray work. After that I’m having the full PPF and ceramic coating redone. Instead of clear I’m going with the new Flexiishield coloured PPF and like the clear I had it’s self healing.
I decided to go for yellow as I have yellow interior stitching and callipers. I like the standard Lotus yellow but thought this would look a bit different.
IMG_6171.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

I plan over the coming year to do some weight saving with seats, battery, ceramic brakes and rear carbon louvre.
I’ll probably go Eventuri intake once there is more data available. I’d like to see an Eventuri body with a better filter get some test results.
I’ll be doing some more radical mods through JUBU like their full body kit when it’s released and a built engine running between 600 and 675hp.

Would appreciate your opinion of the Nitron setup. Were you coming from touring or Sports? How do they compare to stock? Any weight savings? Thx!!

Would appreciate your opinion of the Nitron setup. Were you coming from touring or Sports? How do they compare to stock? Any weight savings? Thx!!
Mine had the sports set up originally, although it had Goodyear tyres.
I’ve had plenty of cars with coil overs previously and can’t understand why Lotus didn’t fit them as standard. The Nitron fast road set up seems perfect on the road, even on the not so perfect B roads near me. Previously I’ve always made the mistake of buying the most expensive shocks which were suited to racing purposes but not compliant enough for the road.
Nitron are not over priced due to branding and have been linked with Lotus cars for a long time. The build quality is superb and compared side by side with the oem ones it’s obvious.
Personally I like the mega low look best but settled with a 15mm drop due to planning the JUBU splitter and not wanting to rip it off on the first speed bump.

In order to keep my build record in one place I thought I’d start a thread.
Ok so far I have completed the following mods:

1. Nitron fast road coil overs with 15mm height drop.
2. Miltek full exhaust with cat bypass pipe.

Soon to be fitted I have the GRP motorsport titanium wheels fittings. On order I have the Aerie carbon engine surround, Aerie lightweight black gloss alloys and GRP 12mm concentric spacers.

Soon it will be in for the new doors, rear quarter and spray work. After that I’m having the full PPF and ceramic coating redone. Instead of clear I’m going with the new Flexiishield coloured PPF and like the clear I had it’s self healing.
I decided to go for yellow as I have yellow interior stitching and callipers. I like the standard Lotus yellow but thought this would look a bit different.
View attachment 49755
View attachment 49756

I plan over the coming year to do some weight saving with seats, battery, ceramic brakes and rear carbon louvre.
I’ll probably go Eventuri intake once there is more data available. I’d like to see an Eventuri body with a better filter get some test results.
I’ll be doing some more radical mods through JUBU like their full body kit when it’s released and a built engine running between 600 and 675hp.
Love your work mate. Will keep watching. I’m moving towards nitron club sports soon. Was thinking the 3 way, but found them too difficult to work out properly on my 410 exige. I think you need data to get the best out of a 3 way(so to speak). I won’t ask u on your thoughts about the nitron “feel” compared to stock, as I get it’s difficult to put down without writing an essay.

Love your work mate. Will keep watching. I’m moving towards nitron club sports soon. Was thinking the 3 way, but found them too difficult to work out properly on my 410 exige. I think you need data to get the best out of a 3 way(so to speak). I won’t ask u on your thoughts about the nitron “feel” compared to stock, as I get it’s difficult to put down without writing an essay.
What I can say is the turn in feels a bit sharper and it’s reduced the body roll slightly. I’m hoping I notice more when I fit the lighter wheels and Cup 2 Connect tyres. It will be interesting to see on the phone app how many miles of standard driving is required to get to the optimal cornering temperature. I e always warmed the car up but never considered the tyres taking longer.

Yesterday I finally got to drop my car back to Lotus for its air con fix and blister repairs. Getting in a loan car and comparing the two was very interesting as follows:
1. Doing a visual check on this 23 plate car I found it had blistered doors as well.
2. The air con worked and was so cold I actually needed to switch it off. I can’t wait for that feeling.
3. Standard suspension and height was noticeable for body roll on corners.
4. The biggest change of all was going back to a standard exhaust which was so quiet I was shocked. It gives me the opportunity to record the sound and do some decibel checks using the same equipment. When I get mine back I can do a video to show the actual differences.

Pretty sweet spec but what front end kit is that? Looks a lot like a Porsche.

Pretty sweet spec but what front end kit is that? Looks a lot like a Porsche.
The picture is a Porsche 911 GT3 RS showing the Flexishield PPF colour I’m having done once Lotus have completed their repairs. The pictures don’t give the colour justice. I went to the company to see their work and a sample of the PPF which really pops in the light.
The kit I want to fit is the JUBU one in development which will include there aero splitter with the under floor framework and their chassis mounted swan neck rear wing. I’m waiting to find out what the other parts are and the full kit price.