• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Sun visor - no mirror on drivers side

I dont recall the last time I used that mirror on any car. Just use the rear view, or....

Push both of the side mirror buttons at the same time, then look right. The mirror gives you a nice look of yourself...:)
Only checked this thread today, so my input here is a bit belated.
A week ago, I finally got top test drive the Emira at my local Dealer and I did notice the car slightly pulling to the right. I thought to myself: wow, a brand new car and it already needs a wheel alignment? Having now read through this thread, it dawned on me...of course, it was due to the in-balance of the missing vanity mirror!

All joking aside though, and to give credence to Captain Chaos' complaint, I also checked my household's 3 cars, 2 of which are sports models, and a all of them had vanity mirrors on both sides, So the way I see it, when the folks at Lotus were developing the Emira,, they should have decided to either place them on both sides, to be consistent with the industry's mainstream, or not put any at all, to save the extra grams .

Completely off the subject, this whole vanity mirror debate, brought back a "somewhat" fond memory of when I was younger and my dates were riding shotgun. As soon as they'd drop that visor to put on makeup, I'd immediately seek out the biggest pothole to run over it. I distinctly recall two such instances in which my dates ended up looking a bit like Heath Ledger' s Joker in Dark Knight. I mentioned that the memory was "somewhat" fond because in one of those cases, I got the bejesus slapped out of me for laughing out loud at the scene. I never saw her again. Go figure.

If the passenger side is the one with the vanity mirror, then the U.K. cars should have a visor with the vanity mirror on the left side of the car, which is the driver's side in the U.S. If that's the case, then just order one from a U.K. dealer and swap it out.

Except in China, where Lotus have already stated the AMG variant is aimed at female drivers.

The Lotus NYO version probably has a vanity mirror for the driver but not the passenger :)
Tom was right. The I4 in China has vanity mirrors on both sides :)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back