• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Tailgate closing technique

It‘s just the combination of air intake below the glass for engine bay cooling and ducktail spoiler. If you want/need both, there is no way to solve the draining issue.

Designed to be opened halfway so the rainwater drains into the channel before opening fully
I suspect this was coincidental rather than designed that way.

They should have created side drain holes and an inner "lip" that directs any pooled water to the edges when the bootlid opens. This is not a user training issue but one of poor design. However its a Lotus "quirk" and not a big issue.

I also consider it a cute quirk, where aerodynamics took priority over user friendliness. Just something to laugh about when folk gather 'round the car. If you park on an incline, you won't even notice it.
Now, water pooling up inside the grey plastic part is a different story. I would consider the lack of drain holes here a design defect. But still, a relatively simple fix, and not a big issue. I'm still looking forward to getting my Emira.
PXL_20221209_062908121.jpg