• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

The likely delay of the EV Elise can have consequences on the continuation of the Emira

Beverely Braga writes that the elctric Lotus Elise (2027) and the present day heavy weight batteries do not align with the lotus mantra. If that is so, a delay in production is likely. She extrapolates that Lotus would then likely extend the production of the ICE Emira . Does anyone see an encore??

Id say 0% an electric elise will happen. Also Lotus had continued to make heavy vehicles against the wishes of us hardcore folk.

This seems like a money has dried up problem.

If all their other options are EVs it seems to me that they could still keep a smaller ICE car like the Emira going for awhile.

If all their other options are EVs it seems to me that they could still keep a smaller ICE car like the Emira going for awhile.
Yeah, that would seem to make sense. I think Lotus timing was awful in only offering very expensive EV's while EV demand is trailing off, at least at that level. Get a cheaper more practical EV out there and keep building the Emira.

From what I can tell this article isn't saying anything. The Type 135 isn't delayed. An "electric Elise" isnt happening but wasn't slated to happen anyway. Reading between the lines, I think Ben Payne is maybe just setting the expectation that the Type 135 will be heavier than they want, or at least just heavier than an electric Elise is expected to be which should be a surprise to nobody.

For those of us that have an Emira & want our values to hold we would rather them stop production of the Emira verses making a lot more of them.

A better take on the situation would be:

Lotus may delay the TYP 135 because it has finally worked out that they pulled the trigger on the shift to 100% BEV vehicles at least five (and possibly ten) years too early.

Back