Thoughts on purchase?

falafel91

Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
Wanted to see what the group thinks for this listing.
Haven't seen too many listings in the USA for used under 100k. Had to let my previous allocation in April go as I was not in state for pick up. Previously I had locked in price of the $108k. Came across this 400 mile used one in the exact same spec build at Galpin for 10k less than what I would have paid, although it is a used car still selling at the 98k MSRP.
Clean 1 owner car fax. I guess it was traded in when owner wanted to trade for an Aston Martin after 4 months of ownership.
Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 6.23.12 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-10-16 at 6.23.04 AM.png

I just purchased my first edition manual with 700 miles for $94,500. While not as good of a deal as mine, it seems fairly solid. I would bet there is a couple grand worth of negotiating room on that Magma one though.

I just purchased my first edition manual with 700 miles for $94,500. While not as good of a deal as mine, it seems fairly solid. I would bet there is a couple grand worth of negotiating room on that Magma one though.
Thanks for the reply! That's an awesome deal. Did you go through a dealer in the USA or private? Any issues you ran into or things you looked for? Has a clean car fax and like no service history so far. I tried to knock off a couple grand but they are firm. They have no other fees or add ons so I may just pull the trigger. Not many Magma Reds in the country for sale unfortunately.

I purchased from a Porsche dealer near me. Use my deal as your comp for negotiations. Every car for sale on the market now has flexibility (apart from some super exclusive stuff). But ultimately, don't let a couple grand sway you from a car you want!

As for issues with mine, I have had none! In just one week, I went from 700 miles to 2,100 miles! It has been rock solid, bullet proof and an absolute joy! I have owned cars with 2-3x the price tag of this car but this is the first one that I think to myself "I can't believe I own this car!". It's THAT special.

I purchased from a Porsche dealer near me. Use my deal as your comp for negotiations. Every car for sale on the market now has flexibility (apart from some super exclusive stuff). But ultimately, don't let a couple grand sway you from a car you want!

As for issues with mine, I have had none! In just one week, I went from 700 miles to 2,100 miles! It has been rock solid, bullet proof and an absolute joy! I have owned cars with 2-3x the price tag of this car but this is the first one that I think to myself "I can't believe I own this car!". It's THAT special.
Love the positive feedback. Ya, I think im going to pull the trigger either way and just grab it. 400 miles is basically a new car. Can't order a new one without the price hike.

Check to see if the car has PPF on it anywhere. That can be an easy value-add of anywhere from $2500-$7000 (if it's just nose or full body). Mine had the entire front clip as well as a few high impact areas already PPF'd so I figure it had about $2500 worth of it at least. That made me feel better about paying $94,500 for a $98K MSRP car. Best of luck!!

Check to see if the car has PPF on it anywhere. That can be an easy value-add of anywhere from $2500-$7000 (if it's just nose or full body). Mine had the entire front clip as well as a few high impact areas already PPF'd so I figure it had about $2500 worth of it at least. That made me feel better about paying $94,500 for a $98K MSRP car. Best of luck!!
Good idea. And if it doesn’t have PPF, that may be a good negotiation point. They may not want to move on price but may be able to offer discount on PPF through their installer.

Also, act like magma is your last choice color when it’s time to negotiate. 😂

Good idea. And if it doesn’t have PPF, that may be a good negotiation point. They may not want to move on price but may be able to offer discount on PPF through their installer.

Also, act like magma is your last choice color when it’s time to negotiate. 😂
Solid idea, thanks. Unfortunately no PPF. I'm so particular with my cars I have a local guy I take all my car to for the PPF/coating/tint anyways. It would've been a great value though if it did have PPF. I'm thinking doing a frontal or track pack with the roof for PPF.

Congratulations! Getting my car tomorrow and all I want is a solid car sans the reported lotus problems 😊

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back