• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Tire Pressure Reset After a Puncture

brainf18

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
With 300 miles on the odometer, I picked up a screw in my drivers side rear tire which caused the tire to slowly deflate. I got home after the drive with no TPMS warning. The next day I got in the car and after driving about 50 yards got a big red Tire PSI warning on the infotainment screen.

Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 13.20.41.png
IMG_6483 2.JPG

I removed the wheel and tire and took it to the local race prep shop that has the proper tire mounting and balancing equipment for expensive wheels with low profile tires. They repaired the tire and put 45 PSI in it and kept it overnight to ensure it held pressure. When all was good, I picked up the tire and reinstalled.

On initial start up the TPMS still showed 0.7PSI but after driving for less than 100 yards the TPMS sensor updated to show 44.2 PSI and the infotainment showed "Good". Its nice to know there's no reset procedure. Just put proper pressure in the tire and drive it. After the system registered the correct pressure, I aired down to get 34 PSI cold on each rear. ;)

IMG_6485 3.JPG
IMG_6484 2.JPG