• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Type 132 NAME

Guesses in the UK are £55-75k and pitched against the Macan and upcoming Polestar 3.

Confirmed that Lamda is the project name.

A bunch of UK VIPs got an advance look at it in London last night, so the public reveal must be very soon.

Guesses in the UK are £55-75k and pitched against the Macan and upcoming Polestar 3.

A bunch of UK VIPs got an advance look at it in London last night, so the public reveal must be very soon.
I thought they were aiming the 132 at the Cayenne size/class, and a smaller one comes in a few years...?

In any case, I've had it in my head that this was going to be based on the Zeekr 001. If you squint, you can kind of see it.
4-zeekr-001-you-2022-first-drive-review-nose.jpg

1-zeekr-001-you-2022-first-drive-review-lead.jpg

I thought they were aiming the 132 at the Cayenne size/class, and a smaller one comes in a few years...?

In any case, I've had it in my head that this was going to be based on the Zeekr 001. If you squint, you can kind of see it.

That looks like a squished Panamera

Looks the chap who tweeted the following was at the TYPE 132 reveal - very positive:

Last edited:
I am all for it. I have already contacted my US dealer about placing a deposit. I sense a good energy with Lotus. They just seem to be heading in a good direction. I like them bringing their low weight, handling, driver centric focus to non-sport cars.

Yes it is more on the size of a Cayenna. I am hoping its got quite a futuristic look to it. All that have seen says its amazing

Now that I've had a while to consider the possible type 132 names...

Does anyone think that Lotus will revive prior vehicle names for the upcoming electric cars (including T132) as a way to keep reference to original Lotus DNA and history?

e.g.
  • Lotus Ethos Original name for a hybrid electrified city car prototype produced by Lotus Engineering. The name could be re-used for the future smaller-sized electric SUV (type 134?) or perhaps even given to the type 132 as a symbolic way to reflect that they are keeping the original Lotus "ethos" in their new electric vehicle lineup.
  • Lotus Eterne A 620hp v8 4 door saloon announced at the 2011 Paris motor show (for type 133 electric saloon?)
  • Lotus Esprit This seems to align with the nostalgic outline sketch released for their 2025 sports car. (for type 135?)
lotus-electric.png

They probably already have the naming rights to all these so that would be a smart move.

I guess we will find out soon enough!

Ewok? Good rugged 4x4 name.
Compact. Low centre of gravity. Lightweight. All Lotus calling cards.
Plucky underdogs vs the might of the evil Porsche Galactic Empire.

Or is Ewok too close to Evoque?
These are the types of conversations the Lotus Brand managers will be having (their offices still smell of paint).