• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

UK dealer demo cars - specifications

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
This one started about the dealership and hadn't gone too far off topic - three posts then back on topic 👍

Plus I've been busy all day and am doing forum catch up and moderation from midnight to 2am :)
so now what your saying is that rather than going back on topic, some people, not mentioning any names, tend to follow my stupidity....
well, everyone has some kind of leadership ability I guess.. haha...
Glad i am not having that car.
I mean, I'd take it at a hefty discount... I do like a bargain ;)
but yes, this is NOT the first car by a long shot that has made it out of the factory doors, where they have "amazing" QC...then through the off site checks and on to a dealer
its not just interest rates that will hit residuals, its this xxxx too, and they will fall faster than a Jaguar F type if they dont put a stop to this. I have to say I have little faith in UK manufacturing, but I so want to be proven wrong....
Lotus need a right wing, sergeant major type in charge of QC, who takes no crap and doesnt let anything by him! The only way is to be so picky that you end up single at 79 years old... like me.

Last edited:

Emiragirl

Reaction score
You’d think that Lotus quality checks at each building station and at the PDI would pick this up. This doesn’t bode well at all. This is the car people are going to see and drive and make a decision to progress on. I’m in Nottingham Thursday so will swing by and take some photos if the car is still on display.
Yes it will still be there as he says that he is waiting for Lotus to activate the tracker and confirm what is happening with test drives before it goes out.
Sorry I should have taken some pictures.

Leonard

Emira Aficionado
Reaction score
Went to see the demo at Lotus Central today. The car has sport suspension and Goodyears. Black gloss wheels, Alcantara with yellow stitch, yellow calipers.
Sadly the demo car though was far from perfect. There was rippling on the leather on the dash, chipped paint, poorly fitted door and windows seals, a hole on the leather on the drivers door. The seatbelt cover came off in my hand. There was even rust near the exhaust. With only 20 miles on the clock the quality was sadly very disappointing.
This was only have a very quick look around the car. I don’t understand how Lotus can send this car out.
Cheers for the update very useful.
I was going this Friday, but won't bother if the car is/is not representative of a production car.
Sports suspension is good to know as well. I think Solihul have Touring spec car if you need to arrange your test drive accordingly

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
so now what your saying is that rather than going back on topic, some people, not mentioning any names, tend to follow my stupidity....
well, everyone has some kind of leadership ability I guess.. haha...

I mean, I'd take it at a heft discount... I do like a bargain ;)
but yes, this is NOT the first car by a long shot that has made it out of the factory doors, where they have "amazing" QC...then through the off site checks and on to a dealer
its not just interest rates that will hit residuals, its this xxxx too, and they will fall faster than a Jaguar F type if they dont put a stop to this. I have to say I have little faith in UK manufacturing, but I so want to be proven wrong....
Lotus need a right wing, sergeant major type in charge of QC, who takes no crap and doesnt let anything by him! Only way is to be so picky, you end up single at 79 years old... like me.
It's not as though the cars are flying out of production, they arent up to full speed.

CheshireCat

Reaction score
Oakmere Cheshire have a Verdant at the Prestbury showroom for test drives, starting some time this month. When I dropped into the Norwich showroom last week I was told that they will have a Nimbus with red leather as a display car, maybe in December. I think we know what maybe means.

digilotus

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
If I were the dealer receiving a car with visible faults, I'd be taking photos, sending them to Matt Windle and doing a return to sender on the car.

emiraspain

Emira Addict
Reaction score
It's not as though the cars are flying out of production, they arent up to full speed.
yes....for the moment.. but even Lotus will get there.... some time next year and if the cars are not A1 instead of B2? then they will be 10 a penny.... I mean they clearly wont be 10 a penny or even a pound, but we will all lose a pretty penny, I mean it wont be a penny and it wont be pretty.... I could go on....

JimH

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oakmere Cheshire have a Verdant at the Prestbury showroom for test drives, starting some time this month. When I dropped into the Norwich showroom last week I was told that they will have a Nimbus with red leather as a display car, maybe in December. I think we know what maybe means.
If you mean Stratton Motor Company ("Lotus Norwich") for Norwich I'd be surprised if they have anything for test drives as they chose to downgrade to "Service Centre Only" status under the new agency model...... Rumour was that "Lotus Hethel" would cover new car sales for the immediate area once fully up and running....

CheshireCat

Reaction score
If you mean Stratton Motor Company ("Lotus Norwich") for Norwich I'd be surprised if they have anything for test drives as they chose to downgrade to "Service Centre Only" status under the new agency model...... Rumour was that "Lotus Hethel" would cover new car sales for the immediate area once fully up and running....
Sorry should say Lotus Northwich.

freefall_junkie

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
This morning I went to have a good look at the demo at Parks in Hamilton. First time I have seen a production spec Emira and I thought the quality of the paintwork and the interior fit and finish looked superb.
20221102_113600[1].jpg

20221102_113610[1].jpg

While I was there I also had a sit in this stunning MC20, in a colour very similar to Seneca. It lists somewhere north of £220k, and on first impression the interior seemed to be of similar quality to the Emira. So, rest easy folks, hopefully the issues reported on the Lotus Central car are a bit of an outlier!
20221102_113443[1].jpg

Also confirmed the Parks demo is on touring suspension.

Tonyshepp

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
I visited the Nottingham dealership today to review the build quality as @Emiragirl identified some build issues which to be fair were there but she has a great eye for detail. The car has real prescience and was sat next to a 911 and a California and didnt look out place.

Reaction score
Here's the one at JCT600.

There was a 410GT Sport there and the interior on the Emira was way better and getting in and out much easier than the Evora.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 60

BeHappy

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Here's the one at JCT600.

There was a 410GT Sport there and the interior on the Emira was way better and getting in and out much easier than the Evora.
It’s screaming to be let out and run free on a test drive 🤓

OP
TomE

TomE

Staff member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira on order
I gather all the dealers now have their demo cars. Still waiting on three to publicise.

Hendy Lotus Exeter just published picures of theirs: