• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

USA/Canada Delivery Thread

Finally got my VIN and I checked with the factory and they said it was at the port leaving on a boat, LEAVING today.. Not sure if that is what is happening, but this is WAY faster than I expected it to be. I was hoping it would be here in end of August beginning of September with the timelines I was getting from other people here.

They told me May build (which they couldn't tell me if it was beginning or end of May) and July / Aug delivery, but like most I thought that it would be delayed for some reason or another and that it would come in Sept.

Question for most of you that took delivery: From the time you knew it was built to on a boat, how long to get to the US and then to your dealerships? The boat is supposed to leave today.

I have the VIN if that helps. I was going to ask @Nova for his help tracking it.

Thanks
Ryan G
how did you check directly with the factory?

iv emailed their public email before and never got a response so im forced to ask my dealer

what email/phone# did you use?

There's a chance I may be taking delivery next week if PDI is done by then. I have a 600 mile drive back so I plan to put on temporary film on the front, most likely using Xpel Trac Wrap. I see they offer it in various widths. Is 6" width the way to go? Then would 40' of length be sufficient?

Finally got my VIN and I checked with the factory and they said it was at the port leaving on a boat, LEAVING today.. Not sure if that is what is happening, but this is WAY faster than I expected it to be. I was hoping it would be here in end of August beginning of September with the timelines I was getting from other people here.

They told me May build (which they couldn't tell me if it was beginning or end of May) and July / Aug delivery, but like most I thought that it would be delayed for some reason or another and that it would come in Sept.

Question for most of you that took delivery: From the time you knew it was built to on a boat, how long to get to the US and then to your dealerships? The boat is supposed to leave today.

I have the VIN if that helps. I was going to ask @Nova for his help tracking it.

Thanks
Ryan G
Congrats! It seems to be dealership dependent. Given you’re on the east coast you should probably be expecting 5-6 weeks from when it hits the ocean to taking delivery. 2 weeks to Baltimore, 2 weeks to your dealer, 1 week PDI, few days to sort any paperwork arrange delivery etc…

@RyanGphoto do you know what your build date was? I was 5/15 3421, and all I heard was when it left the factory (5/23) but it didn't make the 5/28 ship.
Hey Time:

I don't have the build date, they couldn't tell me, but they said I was going to be on the ship that left on 6/12. I don't know if it actually made it on there, but they said it would be on there (hethel did, not my dealership).

how did you check directly with the factory?

iv emailed their public email before and never got a response so im forced to ask my dealer

what email/phone# did you use?
I have a contact at the factory that I emailed. He told me it was at the port and going on the ship yesterday. Sorry I can't share their information.. they asked me not to so they are not bombarded with emails from people. I don't want to put them in a place that makes them uncomfortable.

Congrats! It seems to be dealership dependent. Given you’re on the east coast you should probably be expecting 5-6 weeks from when it hits the ocean to taking delivery. 2 weeks to Baltimore, 2 weeks to your dealer, 1 week PDI, few days to sort any paperwork arrange delivery etc…
Thanks.. Damn.. That puts me right in the middle of my vacation and so it will sit at the dealership until I get back. I was hoping it would be end of August (as I thought it would be based on most of the others here with their lead times).

I almost hope it didn't make the ship yesterday, unless they get it to my dealer from Baltimore quicker..

Side Note: I thought all Baltimore vessels were now and still going through NJ? Did that change again?

How does everyone feel about their brakes? Is the overall sensation that the brakes are great?

My car feels under-braked. Which is very surprising. The cars I drove at the academy in Hethel had amazing brakes, and while I suspect they may have had upgraded pads it feels weird to go from the sensation of "omg these brakes are amazing" to "huh. these brakes dont feel great".

My friend's 6,200lb Jeep Wrangler 4XE has stronger stopping power.

I'm bringing it in to have them take a look. Just curious if anyone else experiences similar sensations. I wonder if I have a pad issue. Rotors are clean. Around town it's fine but in a spirited corner, it doesn't feel like enough.
That's extremely odd. I've done some serious braking in mine and have never had the impression that the car lacked for stopping power. If I tap the pedal too rapidly it will yank the passenger, in fact. Sounds like possibly your pads are having an issue?

I did do a pretty aggressive bed-in procedure on them, so it may be partially that... what happens if you get the brakes hot enough to outgas and then go through a full thermal cycle? Still lacking?

That's extremely odd. I've done some serious braking in mine and have never had the impression that the car lacked for stopping power. If I tap the pedal too rapidly it will yank the passenger, in fact. Sounds like possibly your pads are having an issue?

I did do a pretty aggressive bed-in procedure on them, so it may be partially that... what happens if you get the brakes hot enough to outgas and then go through a full thermal cycle? Still lacking?
I’ll have to try that and see. It’s been mostly highway and city for me thus far so not a lot of heat going through them. I was super easy on my brakes for the first 400 miles. Around 400 I was having some spirited fun under 4k rpm on a twisty road in southern OH, and the road had a sharp turn after a blind crest that caught me out a bit. That’s happened to me a few times in Elise/Exige/Miata and it was nothing a good romp on the brakes could t solve. Only issue was, that romp on the brakes did a lot less than I expected and I still found myself pointed toward the ditch. Luckily this car has grip for days and great control with brakes applied and it steered through what the brakes couldn’t reel in. But since then I’ve given them some harder braking events to bed them in and each time they just lack confidence. I don’t get the feeling that the brakes are stronger than the car in front of me and that’s very un-lotus. So yeah, service appointment on Wednesday.

Attachments

• IMG_6637.jpeg
    IMG_6637.jpeg
    257.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6636.jpeg
    IMG_6636.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_6635.jpeg
    IMG_6635.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6634.jpeg
    IMG_6634.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
My wife just go the call from Las Vegas Auto Gallery. Her car should be there tomorrow or Saturday, and should be ready to pick up on Monday. Need to find flights… 🤔

9/13/2021 deposit
12/15/2023 locked in spec date
5/13/2024 landed in Baltimore

1718328239701.gif

Side Note: I thought all Baltimore vessels were now and still going through NJ? Did that change again?

Port of Baltimore has had a partial channel (one way at a time) open for a few weeks, and they announced earlier this week that it's now fully opened both directions -- 11 weeks after the bridge collapse.

I’ll have to try that and see. It’s been mostly highway and city for me thus far so not a lot of heat going through them. I was super easy on my brakes for the first 400 miles. Around 400 I was having some spirited fun under 4k rpm on a twisty road in southern OH, and the road had a sharp turn after a blind crest that caught me out a bit. That’s happened to me a few times in Elise/Exige/Miata and it was nothing a good romp on the brakes could t solve. Only issue was, that romp on the brakes did a lot less than I expected and I still found myself pointed toward the ditch. Luckily this car has grip for days and great control with brakes applied and it steered through what the brakes couldn’t reel in. But since then I’ve given them some harder braking events to bed them in and each time they just lack confidence. I don’t get the feeling that the brakes are stronger than the car in front of me and that’s very un-lotus. So yeah, service appointment on Wednesday.
Wow, that is definitely not what I'm experiencing. I wonder if they need a good super hot cycle to get the glaze off them?

Interesting. I did a spirited run a couple days ago and I feel the brake is amazing in spite of the OEM DS2500 street pads. One thing I notice is that your wheels seems awfully clean and not much brake dust deposited on the black wheels. My wheels were now in matt grey finish and covered with brake dust.
Two potential issues-
1. the brake pads and rotors were not properly bed-in yet.
2. you are not braking hard enough.
I think it is probably issue number 1. Try the following:

I really don't like the OEM Ferodo pads. They dust as much or more than most track pads I've used and often squeak below 20mph even after bedding-in. I'll likely swap mine out soon for something more street friendly but can still take a decent beating for those spirited drives.

Interesting. I did a spirited run a couple days ago and I feel the brake is amazing in spite of the OEM DS2500 street pads. One thing I notice is that your wheels seems awfully clean and not much brake dust deposited on the black wheels. My wheels were now in matt grey finish and covered with brake dust.
Two potential issues-
1. the brake pads and rotors were not properly bed-in yet.
2. you are not braking hard enough.
I think it is probably issue number 1. Try the following:

Should be noted I had cleaned the wheels and calipers earlier in the day. They were almost gold with brake dust prior.

Thank you for the link. I’ll give it a shot!

I really don't like the OEM Ferodo pads. They dust as much or more than most track pads I've used and often squeak below 20mph even after bedding-in. I'll likely swap mine out soon for something more street friendly but can still take a decent beating for those spirited drives.

I’m putting these on this weekend:

Attachments

• IMG_2823.jpeg
    IMG_2823.jpeg
    323.3 KB · Views: 55
My car which was on the 6/3 ship arrived in Los Gatos yesterday, should have it Monday or Tuesday!
That's insanely FAST! I gotta imagine it took at least 4-5 days to get from the east coast to the west coast alone! Congrats!