• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Visors don't stay up

virtualmacho

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Never thought I would be the one to start a thread in the Problems and Issues forum... Today, both of my visors failed. They will not stay up in the upmost position (either this way or that way) and result in reduced visibility. Has anyone else had this issue, and how was it fixed?

I have called it in to my dealer and will have it looked at next week.

240831-BrokenVisors-Left.jpg240831-BrokenVisors-Right.jpg

Checked mine, seem to be pretty rigid on both sides. Hope the dealership can resolve yours quickly.

Never thought I would be the one to start a thread in the Problems and Issues forum... Today, both of my visors failed. They will not stay up in the upmost position (either this way or that way) and result in reduced visibility. Has anyone else had this issue, and how was it fixed?

I have called it in to my dealer and will have it looked at next week.

View attachment 50800View attachment 50801
Both visor springs malfunctioned at the same time ? That's really odd, or simultaneous bad luck. Did you remove them beforehand for any reason ? Mine seem to spring up and stay firmly in place and coincidentally, I did remove mine some time ago to hide the fugly warning stickers on the outside parts of the Visor (US regulations).

Both visor springs malfunctioned at the same time ? That's really odd, or simultaneous bad luck. Did you remove them beforehand for any reason ? Mine seem to spring up and stay firmly in place and coincidentally, I did remove mine some time ago to hide the fugly warning stickers on the outside parts of the Visor (US regulations).
No, never removed them. The timing must be a coincidence, as the springs are inside the visors, not in the roof panel...

No, never removed them. The timing must be a coincidence, as the springs are inside the visors, not in the roof panel...
I would have ventured to guess that you use the visor quite often and it has to do with basic wear and tear but, generally, the passenger side one is used much less frequently. You do live in the land of the rising sun though.