• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

My stock brakes squeal below 20mph about half the time I come to a stop. I've tried to re-bed them twice in the last 3000 miles but no improvement, so I ordered the EBC Reds from GRP about a month ago. Apparently they're special ordered so who knows when they'll arrive, but I'll keep the OEM pads for future canyon drives or an occasional track day, but this is mainly a weekend/street car for me so I think the reds will be fine performance wise compared to the OEM (Ferodo DS2500's?). I certainly want less dust and noise for my use case.

Something I’d sure appreciate your feedback on: some describe the stock brakes as “grabby”, and you’ve described the reds as being similar in performance as stock, so does that mean you think they have a similar degree of “grabbiness”? (I know that’s kinda nuanced)

What you’re talking about is initial bite. The stock pads had a pretty high initial bite until they bed fully then they mellowed out (or I got used to it). The EBC Red stuff were very similar in initial bite and bedding in mellowing out.

As for performance, when I say this I mean overall braking power and how much braking you can do before the pad sublimates and starts to fade. I found the stock and EBC red stuff very similar in that regard. 5-7 hard braking zones has the pads starting to fade in both cases.

What you’re talking about is initial bite. The stock pads had a pretty high initial bite until they bed fully then they mellowed out (or I got used to it). The EBC Red stuff were very similar in initial bite and bedding in mellowing out.

As for performance, when I say this I mean overall braking power and how much braking you can do before the pad sublimates and starts to fade. I found the stock and EBC red stuff very similar in that regard. 5-7 hard braking zones has the pads starting to fade in both cases.
Thanks - exactly the info I was looking for.

Did you make this video? I wish my install went as easily as this.
I did! The video makes it look easy, haha! I had to spread the installation out over three days because I wasn't expecting to have to use a pipe expander.

Nice I'm planning on doing a video on the lowering cups.
I will keep an eye out for that! Your install video also makes me want to install the short shifter mod.

I did! The video makes it look easy, haha! I had to spread the installation out over three days because I wasn't expecting to have to use a pipe expander.
Curious, did you install the GRP or the Miltek pipe?

The GRP pipe.
So is mine and mine fit in very easily by hand w/o even needing the assistance of a tool. Makes me wonder if the manufacturer realized that sizing issue and increased the diameter a bit thereafter, or if there's actually dimension inconsistencies in the Emiras' exhaust parts.

So is mine and mine fit in very easily by hand w/o even needing the assistance of a tool. Makes me wonder if the manufacturer realized that sizing issue and increased the diameter a bit thereafter, or if there's actually dimension inconsistencies in the Emiras' exhaust parts.
If your cat delete pipe fit into the muffler inlet pipe easily, then you might want to double-check it next time you have the rear diffuser off. Mine fit like that when I first installed it, but after I torqued down the inlet pipe clamp, I could still slide the pipe out. It can't actually go anywhere, but it would cause an exhaust leak. The cat delete pipe needs to be as hard to install as it was to remove the OEM catted pipe so that the clamp seals the connection. The OEM clamp has a spacer in between it to keep from pinching the pipe, and it doesn't have much clamping range. So, the new pipe going in has to be almost exactly the same diameter as the one you remove.

Last edited:
I just finished installing bunch of stuff I ordered from Greg.

1. Eventuri Intake
2. Miltek valve controller
3. 3rd cat delete
4. CT Carbon full kit
5. Lowering sleeves
6. 12mm hub centric wheel spacers

I'm so happy with the result and just researching on what to do next. Any recommendations on what to do next??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240829_012705_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240829_012705_Instagram.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 84

1. Eventuri Intake
3. 3rd cat delete
4. CT Carbon full kit
5. Lowering sleeves

I'm so happy with the result and just researching on what to do next. Any recommendations on what to do next??
That looks stunning! I want to add the CT Carbon kit, but I'm worried that my country roads might be too rough for it. I already have to plan my route around town so I don't scrape the front bumper.

You might want to consider the short-shift kit and a lithium battery.

1. Eventuri Intake
3. 3rd cat delete
4. CT Carbon full kit
5. Lowering sleeves

Looks awesome! How was the lowering sleeve install? Do you know how much you lowered it? Is the ride quality the same or did it change?

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back