• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What did you do to your Emira today?

Over the weekend
Switched out the annoying haptic wheel pads for push ones.
Added the yellow badge over the wheel emblem. Goes fairly well with yellow stitching interior.
Swapped out to silver exhaust tips from black pack required ones. Personally like look better that way, lot effort for changing tips.
Washed car for 2nd time in 6 months.
View attachment 50942View attachment 50943
Looks great! Im thinking switching to yellow and black badge interior at some point. Are there any guides to put the logo on straight or is it just freehand?

I replaced my left rear tyre after clipping the only kerb for miles on a narrow UK country road!
I can live with the wheel damage as I got a stone chip on one of the front wheels within the first week of getting it.
IMG_20240901_093822.jpg
IMG_20240903_143721.jpg

Looks great! Im thinking switching to yellow and black badge interior at some point. Are there any guides to put the logo on straight or is it just freehand?
It does look a bit pixelated at the outer diameter edge of the yellow if you look real close would be only nitpick but otherwise good.
To put on straight I used blue painters tape where the top of the "lotus" letters were on each side on the airbag and lined those up as a parallel guide. But the OEM badge the Lotus letters are straight and the yellow badge is an arc. THe little horn symbols on each side are also parallel guides. Mostly it was just done by a nervous eye.

Last edited:
Nice, I like that there's no branding on the carbon fiber. Which manufacturer is this?

Got my car fixed. Two of the ignition coils had failed. They showed signs of corrosion. The dealer said he thought they were going to need to consider a better water shield as he thought it was getting corroded from where the rear hatch drains the water.

Time will tell.

Got my car fixed. Two of the ignition coils had failed. They showed signs of corrosion. The dealer said he thought they were going to need to consider a better water shield as he thought it was getting corroded from where the rear hatch drains the water.

Time will tell.
It's great that you got your Emira back. It is odd that the ignition coils corroded/failed so fast on a new car, and no less odd is why Lotus placed them so close (beneath) those water drain channels. This issue reminds me of the HVAC harness problem which was resolved by placing a rubber cover (blanket) over the harness/resistor area. I got mine installed by the dealer not to long ago as a preventive measure, but when I checked out the work that they did, to be honest, it doesn't inspire too much confidence that the rubber cover will resolve the issue in the long run.
Anyway, as it relates to resolving any potential future ignition coil corrosion, I haven't had a reason so far to remove the back trunk panel behind which the ignition coils reside, but I do intend to check it out sometime soon. Perhaps a solution may be to wrap the coils in heat shrink tape to try to water seal them. I'll revert here with my findings.

Last edited:
Test drove it and compared it to the Alfa Romeo 4C. When I sold the Alfa Romeo 4C to purchase the Lotus Emira, I received a lot of requests to compare the two cars. It was a blast getting back behind the wheel of a "drive it like you stole it" borrowed 4C and comparing it to my new Emira. Both these cars punch all the right buttons for me even while being very different. I hope you check it out and enjoy the video as much as I enjoyed driving and comparing these exotics.

BA837467-5F49-419D-8B98-E1DE96783ED4.jpeg

Apparently drove in 120 degree weather today. Car stayed cool inside and did not skip a beat on performance.

Surprised how well the car insulated from external heat. 👍

Too bad they can't sit flat. I may take up delivering for door dash though. Really toasty boot.

I've always thought the space above the supercharger would be a good place to fix a pizza rack. Anyone up for some TIG welding? Oh wait, there's an announcement on Sep. 16... Could it be???