• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is coming 16.09.24??

Ah, the hand ! Of course !

Old school analogue feeling. Direct feedback. And of course, lightness. We present you The Return of the Roll-up Windows !!!

Hmm, now the hands have me thinking it could be the bespoke program announcement. If it's already available for China it's just a logistics thing to roll it out to everyone else.

Is anyone suggesting the recent Lotus financial results permit a F1 foray?
Depends. Geely has billions, plus they're in China, so they could possibly get a state sponsorship. I imagine the Chinese government wouldn't mind having a championship F1 team, but I suspect this announcement is the Chapman Bespoke Division.

Guys read the first response , mistery resolved 😝😝

Old school analogue feeling. Direct feedback. And of course, lightness. We present you The Return of the Roll-up Windows !!!

I saw someone cyber-sleuth this to be a picture of David's hand by

I saw someone cyber-sleuth this to be the hand of David. (which upon looking up I have to agree)

David vs Goliath is somewhat the position Lotus has always taken. What they are holding as the "Goliath" here is under question here for sure though.

Ferrari? Ford? Porsche/ VAG?

I do think it's likely to be some kind of EV announcement

He's saying electric Elise isn't possible right now, but that's not what Type 135 is anyway. Type 135 is electric Emira. I think he's just saying the EV sports car will be heavier than people prefer, not that it's not possible.
They still haven't broken ground on the new factory at Hethel yet though....

It's so cryptic, even Marketing don't know what it means.

It's an F1 suspension arm (analogue), and an electric spoiler (digital and probably binary).

Yea, I realized it was the hand of David - well, a clay reproduction, maybe? Because the original marble statute is a lot smoother and far more detailed.

So my bet is just a reference to David vs Goliath, as in scrappy little Lotus is going up against the giants in the electric car world.

I would be very surprised if it was anything more sophisticated than this.