• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

What is coming 16.09.24??

Good find. Add it to the long list of Lotus concepts. Not certain why Lotus needs a splashy event to announce it.
Classic automotive 10-step manufacturer PR:

1. announce some mystery vehicle;
2. set a "launch date" (sometimes complete with clock that ticks down);
3. splash around a few teaser photos;
4. "accidentally" release some further tidbits to select auto reviewers and/or media influencers;
5. have THE BIG UNVEILING DATE;
6. then provide a "prototype vehicle" to said auto reviewers and/or media influencers so they can create further (free) PR;
7. continue with hype before announcing price;
8. announce price when enough interest is built-up so people are willing to open up their wallets (often too wide);
9. delay production (ouch!) which generates further PR (negative but hey, PR is PR);
10. FINALLY put some in customer hands who have waited far too long, so people see them on the road and car forums light up with threads saying "look what I saw in the wild!" (more PR).

Feel free to add more steps...there are endless permutations (lol).

Classic automotive 10-step manufacturer PR:

1. announce some mystery vehicle;
2. set a "launch date" (sometimes complete with clock that ticks down);
3. splash around a few teaser photos;
4. "accidentally" release some further tidbits to select auto reviewers and/or media influencers;
5. have THE BIG UNVEILING DATE;
6. then provide a "prototype vehicle" to said auto reviewers and/or media influencers so they can create further (free) PR;
7. continue with hype before announcing price;
8. announce price when enough interest is built-up so people are willing to open up their wallets (often too wide);
9. delay production (ouch!) which generates further PR (negative but hey, PR is PR);
10. FINALLY put some in customer hands who have waited far too long, so people see them on the road and car forums light up with threads saying "look what I saw in the wild!" (more PR).

Feel free to add more steps...there are endless permutations (lol).
5.1 - insinuate design/function with dancers, aerial artists and flying banners
6.1 - surprise dealers/depositors with allocation limits, but build wait lists
8.1 - further model anticipation with teaser word -Soon
8.2 - launch and later suspend marketing outreach to depositors
9.1 - bobble emission certification and blame regulatory orgs.
9.2 - incur supplier source issues 'beyond company control'
9.3 - relay price increase due to materials inflation; dismiss wrath
9.4 - bollix Customer Care communications
9.5 - watch fan forums crowd-source important information
9.5 - test depositor 'worth the wait' patience limits
10.1 - incur mechanical/electrical issues as well as assembly missteps
10.2 - place dealers on frontline of customer interface, for better or worse
10.3 - collect industry accolades for visionary achievements
10.4 - miscalculate sales revenue and promise improvement

I like the brake light bar that spans across the back.

lotus teaser.jpeg

"We’re not naive enough to say that the Eletre is going to feel like an Elise. It won’t. But it has a lightweight feeling, and we think it’s the best-handling SUV you can drive.

“We need the bullseye of the brand, which has to be that two-seat sports car. Otherwise we’re just a brand with a Lotus badge. The sports car is an essential part of our future.”

Surprisingly aware comment from Lotus leadership.

So basically a type 135 prototype. Still can’t be built without improved battery tech. Am curious.

Some of this suggests a bespoke program, some a new electric sports car. The spoiler pic is also cut from an earlier square format frame (so maybe concept or promo film). So I’m guessing this is their vision of how lotus does a “hand built” electric sportscar with lotus suspension and aero magic. Why “analogue” though? Are they actually making an argument for an electric sports car that provides an analogue experience? I’m not sure anyone is buying that rationale. https://atelierrebul.hr/shop/category/mirisi-za-dom-22
That’s an interesting take!

The weight of the Tesla Roadster that was built on the Elise platform nearly 20 years ago was around 2700 lbs., with a range of about 225 miles.

As an enthusiast, I’m more interested in a low content, sub-3000 lbs, two-seater, that may be quickly charged. I couldn’t care less about range, so long as I get 150 miles per charge. Tesla accomplished this almost 20 years ago, and I would love for Lotus to focus on a modern iteration. The increase in weight due to additional safety features required in global markets could possibly be offset by reducing the tech content and solid state batteries.

Ugh, I was really hoping it wasn't going to be another EV sports car. A 4-Eleven would be much cooler IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back