• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

Who has had a Test Drive , score from 1 to 10

Score your test drive from 1 to 10

• Total voters
I gave the Emira a 10, because I had no plans for a new car anytime soon. The looks, mid engine layout, manual transmission and ultra reliable power train let me to place a deposit. Having driven the car now, none of the complaints raised are issues for me. No other car on the market excited me enough to part with my hard earned money.

I gave the Emira 10 mainly because of the price point, Toyota reliable engine, and the sound. It allows someone like me with a limited budget to get and maintain a car that makes me feel like I am in a Ford GT or Pista. The test drive locked this in for me. It will be my exotic supercar for less than 100K.

In my test drive review I gave the Emira a 9/10 ... (well it was actually an 8.5/10 if adding up my scores correctly)

If I place the GT4/Spyder at a 10 (best in class) I would still say the Emira is a 8.5/9. The Cayman GTS 4.0 at an 8/8.5. If the Emira looked like an Evora (sorry Evora owners!) it would be a 7.5/8. The exterior design really is what edges it over the Cayman. If I took build quality / dealer network into consideration (which I did not) the GTS would place higher. What a tough call for Auto Journalists to pick between the two!! I still would easily choose an Emira over the GTS 4.0, It's just felt that bit more special.

As you've just highlighted, the score you give the Emira depends entirely on what criteria you use. Similarly in deciding which car is "better". Hence why I haven't given an overall score!

As you've just highlighted, the score you give the Emira depends entirely on what criteria you use. Similarly in deciding which car is "better". Hence why I haven't given an overall score!
yes not an easy car to score - you may score it comparably against other Lotus product. I scored it against other cars in it's class/price range. Others will score it against M cars and AMG's. I think scoring against its competition is the best way, but even then does not take dealer network/service into consideration. Plus if someone dislikes Porsche and don't consider it the best in class then that would change everything.

I think everyone coming from different backgrounds is a helpful part of this poll, although obviously everyone's ranking is subjective! Especially in a case like this where we end up with this beautiful normal distribution plot, we can really see what the 'everyman' thinks, and tap into the wisdom of the crowd vs a couple professional reviewers assigning metrics! The higher the population sample, the better, regardless of background!

I gave the Emira a 10, because I had no plans for a new car anytime soon. The looks, mid engine layout, manual transmission and ultra reliable power train let me to place a deposit. Having driven the car now, none of the complaints raised are issues for me. No other car on the market excited me enough to part with my hard earned money.
I'm right there with you... AND you spell your name right! Haha.

Easy 8 for me. Needs ~50+ HP, higher rev limit, customizable driver's screen with an analog gauge option, and adjustable height suspension and it'd be a 9 for me. A perfect 10 would be weight around 3k flat, carbon buckets, and a more aggressive intake and exhaust sound.
I'd give it an 8. This is about how I experienced it as well. Engine is what holds it back some. I'd like 50-100 more HP and it is not as refined as other modern engines. Some like the Supercharger sound inside the cabin, I think it is too much. Sounds great from the outside. Also, did anyone like me not like the floor mat placements? It always caught my hell when I depressed the clutch. Took my shoe off in mid shift which was a little scary when you are accelerating hard with traffic. Car looks awesome and that counts for a lot!

Also, did anyone like me not like the floor mat placements? It always caught my hell when I depressed the clutch.

This is the first time I've seen it mentioned but YES! My heel clipped the mat all the time one journey to the point the entire floor mat lifted up and rolled back as I took my foot off the pedal. It made the clutch really annoying to press. But once I stopped I basically folded the mat the opposite way and was fine from then on. Going to get a little bit of double sided tape to stick it down though I reckon.

Still give the car 9/10 overall!

Easy 8 for me. Needs ~50+ HP, higher rev limit, customizable driver's screen with an analog gauge option, and adjustable height suspension and it'd be a 9 for me. A perfect 10 would be weight around 3k flat, carbon buckets, and a more aggressive intake and exhaust sound.
Pretty similar to my opinion. I found the limiter too often on the LDA. An extra little shove on hitting the pedal wouldn't go amiss. Not worried about ride height, but the removal of the sport/tour fracas in some way and it'd be 9.
Losing the domination of the SC whine in cabin and adding of more raw exhaust note and its a 10!
Seats could be better, but having sat in my mates GT4 buckets, I sure as hell don't want them for my usage...I may track it once a year tops!

I’d definitely up by one point if that intrusive whine wasn’t there….

Cue input from the fanboys re me whining I suppose 🤣

I’d definitely up by one point if that intrusive whine wasn’t there….

Cue input from the fanboys re me whining I suppose 🤣
Funny how subjective reviews are. Someone posted a review that there was not enough sound from the supercharger. I thought it was about right. It was more pronounced when smashing the throttle. My test drive did not include any highway driving so I would be curious if it was loud at cruising speed.

Funny how subjective reviews are. Someone posted a review that there was not enough sound from the supercharger. I thought it was about right. It was more pronounced when smashing the throttle. My test drive did not include any highway driving so I would be curious if it was loud at cruising speed.
Totally. I don't think I even noticed it on either of my drives 🙂