• We are conducting our first ever Lotus Emira of the Month for May 2024. This will be a monthly contest and will be submissions from users, voted for by the membership. Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 May 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

❓ QUESTION Who has Milltek's Active Controller Installed?

brett_g

Reaction score
Button 3 (the small one) puts it back in OEM mode. You won’t hear a difference between OEM and Closed modes at idle in Tour engine mode as the valve is closed by default under those conditions anyway.

To verify you’re in OEM mode, put the car in Sport or Track mode, then press 3 on the remote. Yoy should hear the exhaust get quieter if you were in OPEN mode or louder if you were in CLOSED mode.

There is NO difference between sound levels with factory and closed. When I put it in factory, and change the modes - I get no sound difference. I am worried to run it in "OEM" mode because it seems like its functioning the same as valves closed mode; Hence my question if there was some sort of reset or certain mode when putting it in the OEM mode.

In my mind - open should be the loudest. Factory should quiet the track mode down a little, and closed quiets everything down the most (and I understand, shouldn't be ran).

Is it possible that the unit is not functioning as intended?

Bilbao-Emira

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
At idle, in OEM mode you should notice:
From Tour to Sport, slight change in the tone.
From Sport to Track, almost no difference.
If it is exactly at cold start, (5/10 secs max) you will notice the difference better, since the car revs are a little bit higher.
If you notice no change at all at idle between Tour and Sport, then something is not working properly with the valve opening.

Of course if you are above 4.000 rpm’s and change the mode should be much more noticeable

brett_g

Reaction score
At idle, in OEM mode you should notice:
From Tour to Sport, slight change in the tone.
From Sport to Track, almost no difference.
If it is exactly at cold start, (5/10 secs max) you will notice the difference better, since the car revs are a little bit higher.
If you notice no change at all at idle between Tour and Sport, then something is not working properly with the valve opening.

Of course if you are above 4.000 rpm’s and change the mode should be much more noticeable
Thanks for this. I will have to try next time I drive the car.

hellasf1

Reaction score
I confirmed with an inspection camera. My controller was pinned wrong so I wanted to make sure “open” was actually open.

My findings…1 is open, my 2 is OEM & 3 is closed. For those asking about track vs Milltek open, track mode OEM is 3/4 open at idle and Milltek open is 100% open. You can see the difference on the camera. Sorry couldn’t capture pictures I was working myself. All this was at idle so I’m sure track OEM would open 100% under higher rpm’s.