Window(s) malfunction or doesn't want to roll all the way down?

Reaction score
I rolled down the windows for the 1st time in 500 miles (wanted to keep the new car scent fresh :), however just noticed the passenger window does NOT go all the way down and peaks its head above where you would rest your arm (see inside photo from driver seat, and outside photos when parked). Looks like the passenger side is worse than the driver side window when rolled all the way down (see pic).

Anyone else have this issue, or is this standard?

Do you think Lotus would be able to adjust it and fix the problem?

Attachments

• driver window.jpg
    driver window.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 61
  • passenger inside window .jpg
    passenger inside window .jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 49
  • passenger outside window 2.jpg
    passenger outside window 2.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 47
  • passenger outside window.jpg
    passenger outside window.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 50
Remembering that this is a hand built car with varying tolerances, I’d rather that the windows were adjusted so as to seal properly when closed rather than worry about a tiny bit of glass showing when fully open….
Yes, but both should be possible. They're only hand assembled. The mechanism should have the same amount of travel possible.

I rolled down the windows for the 1st time in 500 miles (wanted to keep the new car scent fresh :), however just noticed the passenger window does NOT go all the way down and peaks its head above where you would rest your arm (see inside photo from driver seat, and outside photos when parked). Looks like the passenger side is worse than the driver side window when rolled all the way down (see pic).

Anyone else have this issue, or is this standard?

Do you think Lotus would be able to adjust it and fix the problem?
Mine are like yours on both sides. I thought it is OEM/standard spec. Thanks for the post, I am going to call the dealer to see if they can adjust it since they are servicing it.

I just remembered this thread while in the car today and noticed my driver side was completely down / flush and passenger was not. I tried to recalibrate the windows and well it kinda worked! Too bad both are now not completely down 😂
You calibrate yourself? How?

Mine are like yours on both sides. I thought it is OEM/standard spec. Thanks for the post, I am going to call the dealer to see if they can adjust it since they are servicing it.
Keep us posted and if can adjust during service, let the thread know please.

I’ll jump in and let y’all draw your own conclusions.

When I received my car the driver’s side window (when fully closed) had the dreaded window whistle at speeds above 50mph. When the window was fully open, the top of the window did not peak above the top of the door.

The dealership adjusted the driver’s side window per factory direction (which I was told did involve removing the inside door trim), and the whistle was/is completely fixed. Now when the window is fully open, it peaks just above the top door frame per the pictures the OP has posted.

The passenger side never whistled, and has always peaked above the door frame at the top as per the pictures the OP has posted.

That is all. Carry on.

When I received my car the driver’s side window (when fully closed) had the dreaded window whistle at speeds above 50mph. When the window was fully open, the top of the window did not peak above the top of the door.

The dealership adjusted the driver’s side window per factory direction (which I was told did involve removing the inside door trim), and the whistle was/is completely fixed. Now when the window is fully open, it peaks just above the top door frame per the pictures the OP has posted.

The passenger side never whistled, and has always peaked above the door frame at the top as per the pictures the OP has posted.

That is all. Carry on.
See my post #3 above….. 😉

That is all. Carry on.
Very good point and helpful. Appreciate the insight and first hand experience.

That is all. Carry on.
I guess you can't have both can you?

I guess you can't have both can you?
I honestly don’t know. But if I were to choose the lesser of two evils, a few millimetres of window above the frame is comparatively meaningless to me.

I learned far too late in life that expecting perfection in minutiae more often than not ruined the overall joy of my hard won (material) goals. But maybe that’s just me 🤷‍♂️.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back