Your Top 1-2 Emira Reasons

Top 1-2 Emira Purchase Reasons

• Total voters

TXEMIRA

Emira Maniac
Reaction score
Interested in the group’s collective decisions. What are your 1-2 main reasons for selecting the Emira to be in your stable?

Aka “What gotcha?”

New Lotus, with all the engineering and handling they are known for, in a sub-$100k package.

Basically the driving experience of the Evora, in a prettier body for less money.

I was on a 5 year "play fund" plan saving for a base manual 911 Carrera (or T) when the Emira was announced. But despite Porsche's base pricing at just over $100k, it takes at least $130k to actually buy one, which I find obnoxious. Then there's the dealer markup problem, which seems particularly targeted at first time Porsche buyers. The whole scenario really tarnishes the brand, which historically was about great driving engineering in an attractive package that was affordable to regular people. They have very clearly stopped being that.

Lotus still (barely) qualifies as that, which is why I pivoted when the Emira was announced. Hell, if Lotus had gotten their regulatory shit together and sold the S3 Exige in the US, I probably would have had one of those 5+ years ago.

It’s all of these things. Rather than selecting 1-2, I think a ranking of priority would be more appropriate. Mine would look like this:

1. Superior driving engineering
2. Affordable
3. Always wanted a Lotus
4. Stunning looks
5. Uniqueness
6. It’s the next lotus
7. Cup holders

It’s all of these things. Rather than selecting 1-2, I think a ranking of priority would be more appropriate. Mine would look like this:

1. Superior driving engineering
2. Affordable
3. Always wanted a Lotus
4. Stunning looks
5. Uniqueness
6. It’s the next lotus
7. Cup holders
This is literally my order as well.

It is going to be a blast to drive and it looks outstanding. Despite Lotus’s attempts to distract one from those two key points with all the execution issues, those are it for me.

#1 Looks - it has the sensual lines of a Ferrari and beautiful from every angle. I love the aero touches on the hood, the wide haunches in the back with the intake scoops as well as the holes in the rear wheels. I wish it were more aggressive, like the Evija, but we can't have it all at this price.
#2 Exclusivity - there won't be many of these on the road, even if Lotus gets their wish and produces all the cars it can. Which won't happen anyway.

The allure of a supercar, but the price/maintenance/reliability of a sports car. You can have your cake and eat it too. Takes me back to the days when I lusted after an NSX (back in the late '90's). Honestly, as I type this, I think the Emira has the formula for everything the second gen NSX should have been.... but wasn't.

I think that as with many women, looks is the initial attraction. Exclusivity is easily in this category. The next attraction to me is the the driving experience. I did recently test-drive a 2021 Evora GT, so that plus what I've seen on youtube combine to be #2 on my list.
I've driven a 2022 Corvette and 2020 Porsche 911 4S (24 hour rentals, each) and prefer the Evora experience for its fun factor.
Hopefully, I'll be driving the Lotus dealership's demo Emira within the upcoming months, but I am very confident that I will love the drive.

Interested in the group’s collective decisions. What are your 1-2 main reasons for selecting the Emira to be in your stable?

Aka “What gotcha?”
I seriously considered ticking off “cup holders” and leave it at that 🤣

and prefer the Evora experience for its fun factor.
Umm, that would worry me.

The Emira is not an Evora and nowhere near an Exige.
You might find the Evora/Exige hits the spot better for you.

The Emira is not as much FUN ... However, it will beat the Evora/Exige in several other areas, and these might sway the balance.

Umm, that would worry me.

The Emira is not an Evora and nowhere near an Exige.
You might find the Evora/Exige hits the spot better for you.

The Emira is not as much FUN ... However, it will beat the Evora/Exige in several other areas, and these might sway the balance.
I should hope it is. After all, the Evora had an auto transmission and definitely not pdk-like.😏 I am leaning heavily towards a manual Emira.

Surely that's the same reason twice?

No, very different reasons.

I assume you don't daily drive a Porsche 991/981/718 from your reply...... and you obviously have forgotten that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

:cheers:

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back