• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

12mm spacers, seems a bit much on front

To the naked eye, they look exactly like the 12mm ones. You can barely notice a 2mm difference, particularly from a photo shot.
If there's still any doubt that the 10mm ones are also Hub Centric, I assure you all that they are indeed and that they have the lip surrounding the center bore (like the 12mm ones). I wouldn't' have purchased them myself otherwise, as this is exactly what makes the fit precise and vibration free.
I have mine installed already, but even if I were to removed a wheel one wouldn't be able get a better visual than the pictures that PCD posted on eBay for the 12mm ones. If anyone needs any further assistance with regards to special ordering via PCD, I suggest contacting Charlotte at "[email protected]" as she was knowledgeable and very helpful with my special order (they took 3 weeks to arrive in Florida). To special order them, PCD does not want to use the eBay message communication channel. Hope this helps..
Thanks for taking the time to take some pics. Like you said, it is a bit hard to tell a 2mm difference in a picture.

On my lowered car, I have custom wheels ordered. We are doing 12mm for the front and 14mm for the rear compared to stock. I have 1.5 front and 1.8 rear degrees of camber

On my lowered car, I have custom wheels ordered. We are doing 12mm for the front and 14mm for the rear compared to stock. I have 1.5 front and 1.8 rear degrees of camber
Which wheels did you order?

When talking about 10mm spacers, does that mean that each wheel is offset by 10mm, or is that for the front axle?
I want to buy these Komo-Tec spacers (https://www.komo-tec.com/en/Lotus-Emira/V6/Wheels-tires/1016/Wheel-spacers-set-for-Emira-V6-10/10mm) and I am confused if they are a 10mm spacer or a 5mm spacer? Thanks guys!

This thread is typically talking about 10mm spacers on each side increasing the total track width by 20mm front and rear. Komo's spacers are half of this and not necessarily how the rest of the industry talks about spacers.

Additionally I don't think the Komotec spacers pictured are the actual spacers you'd receive. Don't think there's any way to have a hubcentric spacer made at 5mm.

This thread is typically talking about 10mm spacers on each side increasing the total track width by 20mm front and rear. Komo's spacers are half of this and not necessarily how the rest of the industry talks about spacers.

Additionally I don't think the Komotec spacers pictured are the actual spacers you'd receive. Don't think there's any way to have a hubcentric spacer made at 5mm.
Right, thank you! Will order from somewhere else.

Got rid of the old 10MM GRP spacers which were horrible and replaced them with the new-hub centric 12's from GRP. Pictured below with the GRP lowering kit. I think this is the perfect combo for much needed poke and stance.

IMG_8698.jpg

Got rid of the old 10MM GRP spacers which were horrible and replaced them with the new-hub centric 12's from GRP. Pictured below with the GRP lowering kit. I think this is the perfect combo for much needed poke and stance.

View attachment 50580

How is the ride with the lowering kit? Any other pics from different angles?

I just installed 12mm hub centric spacers from GRP and lowering sleeves. Also did CT carbon full kit and it looks awsome. Prior to this installation, I also did 3 rd cat delete with miltek valve control and eventuri Intake. So far no issue whatsoever just happy with the result.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240829_012705_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20240829_012705_Instagram.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 59
I just installed 12mm hub centric spacers from GRP and lowering sleeves. Also did CT carbon full kit and it looks awsome. Prior to this installation, I also did 3 rd cat delete with miltek valve control and eventuri Intake. So far no issue whatsoever just happy with the result.
Delicious!

I’ve got a very slight vibration on the steering wheel at circa 100mph. I’m running 12mm hub centric spacers. Not sure if I always had this or not. It’s not bad, but it’s there.

Is there a correct way to install wheels with hub centric spacers, to ensure they are properly/perfectly centred? Any opinions as to whether a hub centric spacer can cause this sort of issue?

I will get around to testing without the spacers, to see if it makes any difference (live in an apartment and don’t have car tools to change a wheel ATM).