18 inch wheels

I don't think that would pass an MOT over here. :ROFLMAO:
Neither would anything else about a race car. The fact that they don't have a road legal VIN would also be a pretty significant barrier to registration and MOT. 😂

If it's just for Track 18s are definitely going to be the right call. Lots of professional race teams use 18s, besides tires, wheels in 18s becomes a fountain of options. Track based? 18s. Whether it's Advan GT, Volk TE37, many other Rays wheels options, Titan 7, Motegi Racing, BBS, just tons of options.

I'm curious whether the rear parking brake is a "grind down until it fits", or something fairly innocuous. The car with the 18s showing the parking brake at all tells me it's functional. If they were just relying on wheel chocks they'd remove the brake assembly to save the weight.

I will say, I get that there are a lot of forging options that effectively press a blank face with a barrel and then CNC out the face pattern. For some of the other wheels on the market, I don't think they are doing this. Volk TE37s for example I think are forged into a "rough shape" of the spokes then CNC'd to trim out and do things like the hub face and lug-pattern.

The strength difference might be negligible, but it's gotta make a difference in the grain of the metal, especially for some higher concave designs.
Hi Tomwa, you could test the theory and make a cardboard shape to gauge the size and try grinding it down until it fits or falls to bits. :)

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back