• The June 2024 Lotus Emira of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 June 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

A reminder of why we adore this car!

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Say it isn't so? Why the change of heart?
Purely to do with the customer service experience and disconnected between hq and the network, they can't organise a p!$$up in a brewery, I won't go into details why.

Just had enough of not having the car and confidence in it.

When it works,it is fantastic.
When there's an issue,I just dread the fiasco with Lotus.
Call me pedantic, but i Shouldn't feel like that with a new car.

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
Purely to do with the customer service experience and disconnected between hq and the network, they can't organise a p!$$up in a brewery, I won't go into details why.

Just had enough of not having the car and confidence in it.

When it works,it is fantastic.
When there's an issue,I just dread the fiasco with Lotus.
Call me pedantic, but i Shouldn't feel like that with a new car.
I believe that is the Chinese influence moving customer service to London away from the factory.
Oh no why?

I could be wrong but think a lot of people will wish they had the I4 when journalists eventually get one. I love changing gear but it did all feel a bit old fashioned and needed a heavy right foot. My insiders at Lotus say the I4 is more responsive, even better handling and the 0-60 time is likely to be more accurate. Cheaper to run, better on road trips and gives more of a 'supercar' experience.

Lots_Of_Trouble

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
I believe that is the Chinese influence moving customer service to London away from the factory.
Oh no why?

I could be wrong but think a lot of people will wish they had the I4 when journalists eventually get one. I love changing gear but it did all feel a bit old fashioned and needed a heavy right foot. My insiders at Lotus say the I4 is more responsive, even better handling and the 0-60 time is likely to be more accurate. Cheaper to run, better on road trips and gives more of a 'supercar' experience.
I'll definitely have another one down the line,I think it will be best to let them iron out their new structure and minor issues with the car first before I reinvest into one .

I will not bash the car at all,when it works it is fantastic in every way.

It's just not been a good experience so far for me,it will improve at Lotus down the line I'm sure,at which point,I'll be back!

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
I'll definitely have another one down the line,I think it will be best to let them iron out their new structure and minor issues with the car first before I reinvest into one .

I will not bash the car at all,when it works it is fantastic in every way.

It's just not been a good experience so far for me,it will improve at Lotus down the line I'm sure,at which point,I'll be back!
Thanks. I am 51 now and remember crying into my pillow aged 17 doing exams telling myself I am going through this misery so one day I can one day have the Lotus Esprit pictured on my wall. I have waited 30+ years for this car and scraped every penny to hopefully get it in October instead of a house, pension or wife. I want it so badly I think I would just be happy to sit and look at it. If it works its a bonus! Perhaps I should start a thread on here about who wants it the most in the world? :cool:

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Oh no why?

Not sure what you mean when you say 'better on road trips' or 'supercar experience'. I originally ordered an i4, and switched as noise is important to me, and I wanted the theatre of the v6, which does feel 'supercar'. I drove mine into central London last night, and was filmed loads, and had loads of positive reactions... felt and sounded like a supercar to me..

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean when you say 'better on road trips' or 'supercar experience'. I originally ordered an i4, and switched as noise is important to me, and I wanted the theatre of the v6, which does feel 'supercar'. I drove mine into central London last night, and was filmed loads, and had loads of positive reactions... felt and sounded like a supercar to me..
Yes, not my words but a racing driver friends. Most of the Farrari, Lambo, McLaren, Porche 'supercars' etc come with DCT flappy paddles these days. Thats all I meant. Also, if I was driving 500 miles in one go I might prefer to not have to keep changing gear. Don't get me wrong I love a manual gear box and am glad I have one in my Toyota Yaris 1.2. I changed my spec back and forth 3 times before sticking with the I4. I also fancy something new as have never owned a DCT.

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
Noise is important but I am hoping it won't sound rubbish as Lotus have put a lot of effort into how everything including the engine sounds. Only have the Merc A45s to go by for now. But I am told a message has gone out at the factory to say the first I4's have been passed to sales recently... whatever that means.

Speedluvver

Emira Fanatic
Reaction score
Emira Status
Emira Owner
Noise is important but I am hoping it won't sound rubbish as Lotus have put a lot of effort into how everything including the engine sounds. Only have the Merc A45s to go by for now. But I am told a message has gone out at the factory to say the first I4's have been passed to sales recently... whatever that means.
hopefully means they will have one at Goodwood - HUGE own goal if they don't....

likeakidonchristmaseve

Reaction score
hopefully means they will have one at Goodwood - HUGE own goal if they don't....
Hopefully the dealers will have them by then as well. A little bird also told me questions had been asked about why Marketing had not been pushing the I4 more... I assumed it was because they have too many orders anyway. Seems very strange there seems to be a complete media blackout. They have been making I4's for China for weeks now. China unfortunately calls the shots more and more perhaps.

Jack Stone

Emira Fan
Reaction score
Small... Far away...
IMG_7034aw.jpg

OP
Evotion

Evotion

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Love that.
Not tried that hard to look but not yet seen a magma red model with black wheels and no black pack yet.