• The September 2024 Lotus Emira Photo of the Month contest is underway! Please take a moment to check out thread here: 🏆 September 2024 - Emira of the Month starts now! (You can dismiss this message by clicking the X in the top right hand corner of this notice.)

All the Lotus info from Goodwood FOS...

Haven't had any time to watch this yet as I'm stuck in meetings but wondering if anyone watched any of it if it has any Lotus since it was at Lotus tent.

My visit to Goodwood Thursday 13/7/2023 and Lotus Stand​

Never had the experience of Goodwood before.

Stayed approx. 15 miles away, busy get parked but not too bad.
Arrived approx. 08.45
Went straight to the Lotus stand, great position and very prominent, right at the start of the hill climb.
Three Eletre on the stand and a Black Emira I4.

Booked in (to what I thought and should have been was the Eletre 30min Experience test drive, one of the reason of attending, around the race track), turned out it was for the Eletre hill climb been driving by one of there drivers, not my mistake.

Spoke to Scott and Sam, Scott actually remembered me and my Wife from the hand over, and came to say hello, a good chat to both.

Had brief conversation with Matt Windle and a number of other Lotus staff.

Good to meet Tom and Andrew from the forum.

What did I find out reference Emira I4

ADAS probably not available on first ones shipped (me being one of them) in the UK, but potentially will be able to retrofit.
Black plastic cover as mentioned in the other thread not as nice, but essential to hid an Ugly engine as compared to the V6.
I4 400Hp I was told only a few made it to China
The I4 is capable of I think it was 465/475HP and therefore chance to potential modify later

With out saying by who from Lotus who had driven both cars and as well Chris Hoy, there were a few preferred the V6 but the consensus by far was surprisingly the I4, mine is due August/September,
so I will be able to compare.

I believe Chris Hoy did drive the Hill climb in a Shadow Grey I4, with Red Calliper’s same as my V6, but had light grey/silver LOTUS and surround on the exhaust, I prefer the black again as I currently have.

There were a number of V6 and I think some I4 (not certain on that there being driven by the Lotus school).

With best endeavours of the staff and lovely young ladies, I never did get the Eletre experience but they managed although it was on the last run on the Hill climb in the expert hands of Stuart, great drive, the car is a dream, so responsive and so flat handling the bends etc., interior is fantastic, and build quality looks and feels so refined.
I have an R being delivered September/October in the yes dark Grey again.

Finally left at about 19.00 for a long drive to Stone, Staffordshire

A few pictures, but phone died before the Hill climb

Got home at about 12, a nearly 5 hour very comfortable stress free and but fun drive, till a Deer (My wife said she was sure it had antlers) decided to attack the drivers door and rear wing, I was travelling at a very good speed, near Marlborough, saw something out the corner my eye and then a thud, expecting the worst for car and deer, deer run off with I am sure a headache, I could not believe I got away with, till I fully wash and check with only paints cuffs, no really body work damage.

I believe the actual angles on the body work might of help, if it had been flat I am sure I would of had a decent dent to contend with.

Some pictures/video, fireworks, apologises for the quality

Sorry had issue with phone and battery so no I4 sounds or of my Hill climb, hope not to boring

Roland

Attachments

• IMG_5865.mov
    7.2 MB
  • IMG_5882.mov
    2.9 MB
  • IMG_5881.mov
    4.1 MB
  • IMG_5879.jpeg
    IMG_5879.jpeg
    269.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5877.mov
    6.8 MB
  • IMG_5876.mov
    4.5 MB
  • IMG_5875.mov
    5 MB
  • IMG_5873.mov
    6.2 MB
  • IMG_5871.mov
    4.5 MB
Hi Roland, I’ve moved your post into the main GFOS thread.

Thanks for the intel and pics. Great to see you and Mrs R again. You had more luck with the Eletre than me getting an Emira ride, I was told all the slots had been allocated to media and VIPs. Guess that means you’re one of the VIPs!

Hi Roland, I’ve moved your post into the main GFOS thread.

Thanks for the intel and pics. Great to see you and Mrs R again. You had more luck with the Eletre than me getting an Emira ride, I was told all the slots had been allocated to media and VIPs. Guess that means you’re one of the VIPs!
I tried many time to get to VIP and was refused, felt quite insulted, so no not a VIP, I did see Andrew get up there.

I am struggle to reduce these 2 other video's, one is approx 84Meg

Roland

A lot of interesting comments but lots are just hypothesising. I read or heard that Emira was designed with the AMG (M139) in mind. I find it difficult to believe the comments saying cooling is the issue preventing a potential 400+ bhp to be achieved. I believe it’s more to do with emissions and getting the car into as many markets as possible. (That’s my hypothesis!- lol) So something to look forward to. Not gettinginto the subject of Manual or Automatic. I’ve been driving a classic lotus elan for over 43 years now. Times have changed and they always will. Handling and looks are my main priorities. The Emira has both in buckets. #cant wait.