Am I the only one who doesn’t want a Porsche…

Yeah I had the last gen M4 Comp and was going to consider the new one until the Emira came along and stole my gaze.

I often wonder if I should stop waiting and get an M4 tomorrow...

I bought a cheap run around in the mean time but I've had it 10 months now and I'm getting bored!

Seems it will be ages until i4 reviews come out and not excited by 360bhp v 510bhp in an M4, even if it is 300 kg lighter.
And we all know that M4 is a 510whp too. As much as I hate the g8x looks — it’s a beast. Even from the f8x the Emira will be a power to weight downgrade but a massive upgrade in driver engagement.

I’m getting rid of my f82 because it never really felt that engaging nor did I connect to it on a mechanical or emotional level. Hoping I do get that connection with the Emira.

And we all know that M4 is a 510whp too. As much as I hate the g8x looks — it’s a beast. Even from the f8x the Emira will be a power to weight downgrade but a massive upgrade in driver engagement.

I’m getting rid of my f82 because it never really felt that engaging nor did I connect to it on a mechanical or emotional level. Hoping I do get that connection with the Emira.

Yeah going from 444 to 360 feels painful. I wish the i4 was 400 odd it would sit a lot better with me!

My f82 just felt like it always wanted to kill me especially in the wet. Bonkers car.

Hope the Emira will in the real world ruin it handling wise and thus be more engaging and potentially quicker in real terms.

I mean, the mx5 is loved and slow as hell so speed isn't everything.

Yeah going from 444 to 360 feels painful. I wish the i4 was 400 odd it would sit a lot better with me!

My f82 just felt like it always wanted to kill me especially in the wet. Bonkers car.

Hope the Emira will in the real world ruin it handling wise and thus be more engaging and potentially quicker in real terms.

I mean, the mx5 is loved and slow as hell so speed isn't everything.

I think the Emira at most tracks will be slower, but it'll be more fun to drive -- much like the MX5.

The thing is they are going to have to ask people for the 30 day pre-delivery lock in very soon if deliveries are to happen in July, so it already seems too late. As Tom has mentioned one solution could be to build the car as planned, store it, and allow the customer to defer payment until after a test drive. Who knows? In my case it is complicated by being out the country for the first 3 weeks of July. I really would like some clarity on all this ASAP.

See that just piss”” me off that was a serious comment and they were seriously expecting you to fork out £750 so you could get a test drive of car your buying. I was assured that was no problem before I take delivery and I’m July delivery- I feel like CS was probably just giving me a healthy dose of BS

Hope this helps:

Yeah I had the last gen M4 Comp and was going to consider the new one until the Emira came along and stole my gaze.

I often wonder if I should stop waiting and get an M4 tomorrow...

I bought a cheap run around in the mean time but I've had it 10 months now and I'm getting bored!

Seems it will be ages until i4 reviews come out and not excited by 360bhp v 510bhp in an M4, even if it is 300 kg lighter.
But the looks of the G82 are very problematic...

Not at all, I detest porsche, aside from the old 944/948 and the 928.

Bought Z3 over boxster

Bought q7 over cayenne/panamera (mainly finance rate)

Bought r8 over 911 gt3

Bought 335i GT over Macan (only bc the macan was new and only available models were fully spec'd)

Bought lc over 911 c4s

Deposit on emira over cayman/911 c4 base. But I might give in and let the wife have a 911.

The amount of times we've walked into a porsche dealer and my wife walking out due to it being to expensive. Lol

Last edited:
The porsche 718 series is a nicer car.
hate to say it. no group think here. Something is really off about the Emira from these reviews. everyone seems quite stunned about the Meh experience of it. something is wrong. I think what is wrong is that it should be 200 lbs lighter and have a lower center of gravity.
I still have one on order, but i did last week go through with an allocation that will generate a slightly under 3000 lbs Boxster T all super blinged out red dials, carbon seats, guards red exterior.

I have not seen a more lacklust debut review for a beautiful car in years as i have for this Emira. Something is just odd about it or not enough.
I still want one passionately. I think the reviewers are liesure drivers and track drivers. The lotus emira would destroy in a real road race situation however. Absolutely destroy.
I am perturbed by the reviews.

I have to be honest , I’m feeling so surprised about all the “negativity” around this forum with today reviews

To resume , I think people want a 100k $ car beating in all areas performing other cars more expensive

So I think the expectation was too high maybe , for me I’m more excited today for my end of year delivery

Absolutely happy for that , car overall is fantastic, I don’t want for example go to the mall with the car and crossing with the same model car than me , and Porsches I see all day 2-3 in my area

Even I see lamborghini huracan and doesn’t feel nothing to it because I see so many daily!

So the emira will have all I want , a reliable motor (not the best power), manual (not the best I know), handling (let’s see when try it but it smells well ) , looks (absolutely no doubt it will turn heads) ,

What more can I say , the wait is the worse today till delivery date
your country is kind of psychopathic :/

I know there is a lot of emotion and discussion now reviews are out.. but one thing I know is that I don’t want a Porsche… I find them very capable but too sterile and lacking character in the main… I haven’t driven a GT4 or 911 GT product though.
I also don’t like the way all the reviewers talk about the prices and don’t mention the options you have to add to get to the spec of the Emira which make them more expensive on the road…
sterile????? lol wtf. It is the most non sterile experience aside from an ND2 MX-5 RF. have you driven a Boxster T or a Cayman S with s-pasm suspension? (not hard to find). It is really metally and grindy. I hate the 4.0 GTS, the 2.5 GTS was a lot better (faster too) and the 4.0 liter needs a Spyder or GT4 to be sensible.

The amount of times we've walked into a porsche dealer and my wife walking out due to it being to expensive. Lol
Ha, yep. You walk in, sit in the car, coo and get excited, then you sit down with the salesman and go through the list of things you MUST have on the car and the things YOU want and suddenly the smile disappears and it is suddenly looking silly.

sterile????? lol wtf. It is the most non sterile experience aside from an ND2 MX-5 RF. have you driven a Boxster T or a Cayman S with s-pasm suspension? (not hard to find). It is really metally and grindy. I hate the 4.0 GTS, the 2.5 GTS was a lot better (faster too) and the 4.0 liter needs a Spyder or GT4 to be sensible.
I have to say, I think Porsches are amazing really. Some are just even better than others.
I had never owned a Merc until 2 months ago when I picked up a C63. Bloody hell, it is well made and fast and sounds great. Porsches always seem so solid.
It might be this that people associate with sterility, which is bollocks really. Porsches are superb cars.

I also have to say, I had a Mk1 MX5 (90 plate) back in the day - That was ridiculous fun per pound and I would only say, out of some epic cars I have owned, only my integrale matched it. Speed and robustness is not everything.

Ha, yep. You walk in, sit in the car, coo and get excited, then you sit down with the salesman and go through the list of things you MUST have on the car and the things YOU want and suddenly the smile disappears and it is suddenly looking silly.

yeah pretty much. It's also the finance rate or the lease rate. while the market was at at ~1%, Porsche is at 6.9%.
I ask why and the sales guy always says "its because they can." I have no issues with that, he was being honest about it. He was willing to show me the amount of sales without discouint (this was years ago).

I felt the same way about an E92 M3 that I used to spend some time with. Absolutely bonkers car, like driving a video game in a way because it lacked the appropriate amount of feedback through the wheel to feel what the car was really doing. So everything felt too numb to gauge the available lateral grip, and the amount of drivetrain management was just too fast with the short ratio SMG paddle shifts... very difficult to establish a rhythm on a twisty road. It worked great on big open tracks but not particularly well on real roads. Exhilarating, but frustrating. Not my preference for a combination of traits.

I've had a few. I get the criticisms, but I also don't think you can paint with too broad a brush on this one.

Air cooled models are obviously charming. I liked the older watercooled models...996 (yes, that 996), 997, even in base trim. 997 GT3 (.1/.2, doesn't matter) is an amazing car, one of the all-time greats. Best on track, of course, but has very weighty, rich controls and enough residual rear bias to keep you busy and focused on normal roads. I had a love-hate relationship with my 981 GT4: liked it a lot on track, but found it somewhere between tedious and frustrating on normal roads. Limits are too high, so it's extremely composed at any remotely legal speed, and the controls don't have enough weight and feedback (like the older cars) to entertain you on their own. And you won't be revving it out with the gearing as it is.

But yes, when you get the 9x1 gen cars, it has to be GT or bust IMO. Coming from what I've had before, I simply can't get excited by a 981 or 718 Cayman, regardless of trim (GT4, just barely). I also have zero interest in a 991 or 992 Carrera. 4RS I'm sure will be a riot with that motor and gearing, but nobody can get them.

As always, it depends upon your frame of reference. Compared to almost anything else currently built (we'll see about the Emira), e.g. a current production Audi RS or BMW M, Porsches are rich in feedback, if maybe a little too serious. Compared to their own predecessors, you're likely to find them dull unless you get on track (and maybe even then)...but that's a common trend. I'm hoping the Emira is more of a throwback.

Yes. Videos online say the average Porsche buyer has +$8-10k in options. If you actually learn about the options, it is never under $20k or else you are going to be upset about something one day most likely. or be a 1500 mile trade-in douche. The Boxster T i specc'd is at $102,650 dollars LOL. whatever. It will be gorgeous and ultra-lightweight. I could remove the Burmester and the Carbon fiber Full bucket seats though for a substantially more sensible purchase. who wants that? Maybe my wallet does, and the "freeze date" is july 28th. still, the point is of course they are expensive and the initial price is a base price to build your car upon. ($90k for a more reasonable build)

Last edited:
Ooooh, love those. Wish the Emira has that option, or we can switch to them later.
Word has it an optional tiller seat may be in the pipeline when BE info is released.

I suspect the Base edition is the one for the real driver….. customisable and raw…

kids-wooden-chair-yellow-isolated-white-background-85232023.jpg

Base Edition seats

Yes. Videos online say the average Porsche buyer has +$8-10k in options. If you actually learn about the options, it is never under $20k or else you are going to be upset about something one day most likely. or be a 1500 mile trade-in douche. The Boxster T i specc'd is at $102,650 dollars LOL. whatever. It will be gorgeous and ultra-lightweight. I could remove the Burmester and the Carbon fiber Full bucket seats though for a substantially more sensible purchase. who wants that? Maybe my wallet does, and the "freeze date" is july 28th. still, the point is of course they are expensive and the initial price is a base price to build your car upon. ($90k for a more reasonable build)
Not always, unless you care more about deviated stitching than lap times. My 718 Spyder has about $6000 in options and is about to go up for sale for $40K more than I paid for it a year ago and it won’t even be close the the most expensive listing.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back