Any V6 Auto check outs ?

CDM1855

Emira Fiend
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Given that we have been advised these will go into build next month. Has anybody received a check out yet?

Cheers

Same here, March build, april delivery, I have spoken to CS today, assured me they are on track for April del. i was a bit shocked when I used my configuration link that it had the new price! , which with the first years tax , del etc will be not far off 90K! I was told ,car delivered before June will be at the original price, blooming hope so.

Same here, March build, april delivery, I have spoken to CS today, assured me they are on track for April del. i was a bit shocked when I used my configuration link that it had the new price! , which with the first years tax , del etc will be not far off 90K! I was told ,car delivered before June will be at the original price, blooming hope so.
Yeah I believe if you check out in May or before you should be price protected, June onwards another 6k please.

Do you know if the entire amount requires paying now, or do they ask for half now and the balance just before delivery?
Sign contract during checkout window. Lotus then issue an invoice about a week before delivery and you need to pay at least a couple of days before. If your bank will only let you pay 10/15/20k per day the timing is very tight.

For me my bank was more than happy to send the money all in one go but the system that Lotus uses was not able to accept payments over a certain level so we sent two amounts one after the other and I then called LCC who confirmed they could see them both.
I actually sent a small amount the day before and called LCC to confirm they had received it before I sent the big numbers.

Anymore more updates on the V6 auto from anyone? Very quiet my end although I am price protected 10th July deposit

Moderator edit: moved into correct thread ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
@DJS Saw your post on the number plate thread re V6 Auto, thought I should post here to stop getting in @TomE 'bad books':)

Your post "Anymore more updates on the V6 auto from anyone? Very quiet my end although I am price protected 10th July deposit"

I contacted LCC on Monday of this week after another forum member was told that auto production would not start until June. LCC answered very quickly to confirm that my build scheduled for March with April delivery was on track currently. I also had confirmation in that recent mailshot that my price was protected, a further confirmation of pre June deilvery. I am in the 2nd batch of auto production and I know that @CDM1855 is first batch and got his Enhance and Protect message about 3 or 4 weeks before me. So I am waiting for him to get his car to iron out any auto teething troubles before I get mine.:ROFLMAO:

I will have the only 72 plate V6 auto in the UK (due to buying FE72LOT last summer when I thought I was getting my car in the autumn). I don't want to chuck the plate in the bin, so may as well use it. For valuation purposes in the future, that is calculated from the registration date rather than what is on the plate, so it doesn't matter. I will be able to tell my neigbours that I couldn't afford a 23 plate car!

The only elephant in the room, or is it skeleton in the cupboard is V6 auto Type Approval which is still not granted. This is why it is not possible to get V6 auto insurance quotes. Hopefully this will be resolved very soon as it takes a while for the Type Approval to filter though all the insurers quote systems. There are may more insurers offering manual Emira insuance now compared to the end of last year. So we may end up paying over the odds. May be worth getting the insurance in place and reviewing after 6 months and then working out whether it is cost effective with any penalties to cancel and re-insure. I will certainly look at this. I need to save every penny, I can't even afford a 23 plate car!

@DJS Saw your post on the number plate thread re V6 Auto, thought I should post here to stop getting in @TomE 'bad books':)

Your post "Anymore more updates on the V6 auto from anyone? Very quiet my end although I am price protected 10th July deposit"

I contacted LCC on Monday of this week after another forum member was told that auto production would not start until June. LCC answered very quickly to confirm that my build scheduled for March with April delivery was on track currently. I also had confirmation in that recent mailshot that my price was protected, a further confirmation of pre June deilvery. I am in the 2nd batch of auto production and I know that @CDM1855 is first batch and got his Enhance and Protect message about 3 or 4 weeks before me. So I am waiting for him to get his car to iron out any auto teething troubles before I get mine.:ROFLMAO:

I will have the only 72 plate V6 auto in the UK (due to buying FE72LOT last summer when I thought I was getting my car in the autumn). I don't want to chuck the plate in the bin, so may as well use it. For valuation purposes in the future, that is calculated from the registration date rather than what is on the plate, so it doesn't matter. I will be able to tell my neigbours that I couldn't afford a 23 plate car!

The only elephant in the room, or is it skeleton in the cupboard is V6 auto Type Approval which is still not granted. This is why it is not possible to get V6 auto insurance quotes. Hopefully this will be resolved very soon as it takes a while for the Type Approval to filter though all the insurers quote systems. There are may more insurers offering manual Emira insuance now compared to the end of last year. So we may end up paying over the odds. May be worth getting the insurance in place and reviewing after 6 months and then working out whether it is cost effective with any penalties to cancel and re-insure. I will certainly look at this. I need to save every penny, I can't even afford a 23 plate car!
This type of post is most useful to all of us waiting for Auto news. Thanks.

When I pressed send on that post it did cross my mind I would be called out 😂

I will be extra careful posting in the future 😊

Thanks for the update John I will be paying close attention to yours and @ CDM1855 deliveries.

Create an account or login to comment

Join now to leave a comment enjoy browsing the site ad-free!

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Aerie Performance Lotus Emira Carbon Fiber Parts GregsRaceParts.com BanC Tech JUBU Performance

Latest posts

Back